Dynadot

question The appeal of .xyz

NameSilo
Watch

domain400

Established Member
Impact
What is so special about .xyz except for the fact that Google uses it as their extension?

Does this extension have any future and is it more valuable than .org and .net?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is so special about .xyz except for the fact that Google uses it as their extension?

it is gay which is selected for when population control is rife and civilizational decadence is peaking

•••
it is gay which is selected for when population control is rife and civilizational decadence is peaking

hmm do u mean that it sucks cause it is gay?

•••
•••
•••
giphy.gif

•••

https://gen.xyz/blog/2022-pride?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=soverygay

"These LGTBQ+ members help define our community with their innovation, creativity, and pride. In this week’s #WebsiteWednesday, we’ll share a few more LGBTQ+ members of the .xyz community whose websites can serve as an inspiration for your own prideful online presence."

20220708_164003.jpg

20220708_164209.jpg

Last edited:
•••
as above so below

Last edited:
•••
•••
Apparently it's one of 2 domain extensions that are blockchain compatible. Also swetha be rocking 5 figgers every month for good publicity.

•••
Apparently it's one of 2 domain extensions that are blockchain compatible. Also swetha be rocking 5 figgers every month for good publicity.

she get Rose's from daniel at least I hope

•••

Not sure what the appeal is, but (.xyz) isn't in Top 5 of non-dot.com alternatives used by startups.
At least based on reports I read from James Iles on Jamesnames.com, (.io) is the distant 2nd choice of startups followed by (.ai, .co, .cn).

For example.
https://jamesnames.com/2022/06/domains-used-by-1313-unicorns-part-1/
https://jamesnames.com/2022/06/data-driven-domain-stats-on-1313-unicorn-companies-79-4-use-a-com/

U.S. economy is officially in a recession as of Q3 2022, I'll be curious to see where (.xyz) stands in comparison to other non-Coms in December 2022.

•••

It’s a generic tld.
.com means commercial
.org means organization
.io for Indian Ocean
.co for Colombia

.xyz means…nothing

Can’t think of any other extension with this similarity.

•••
since block.xyz
and a few other web3 start up with .xyz domains,
xyz almost stands for blockchain ;)

•••
.xyz has been adopted by the web3 space.

Although we mostly pay attention to $$$ .xyz sales, there are lots of developed .xyz domains of average quality too. Web3 spaces loves .xyz names.

•••
It’s a generic tld.
.com means commercial
.org means organization
.io for Indian Ocean
.co for Colombia

.xyz means…nothing

Can’t think of any other extension with this similarity.

no enduser knows or cares what io or co mean and it has nothing to do with why they want it.. many domainers also don't know..and certainly most of those who know couldn't care less about Indian Ocean and Columbia. io and co are hot and sell.. xyz is like u say nothing..and sells only for one person

Last edited:
•••
xyz is like u say nothing..and sells only for one person
Did you mean to say by one person?

Either way, you’re wrong.

•••
Did you mean to say by one person?

Either way, you’re wrong.

no I meant what I said.. exactly as I said it... and everyone knows I'm right.. well..except u.. but nobody cares about exceptions.

•••
sounds like being late to .xyz domains makes some people angry....

would you rather have some good .xyz domains, or the same names with .io/.co?

I go with .xyz

Last edited:
•••
no I meant what I said.. exactly as I said it... and everyone knows I'm right.. well..except u.. but nobody cares about exceptions.
It seems someone reported my previous reply to you and it was deleted.

Well.. I’m sure you read it and I stand firm. And welcome to my Ignore list (long overdue but better late than never).

•••
sounds like being late to .xyz domains makes some people angry....
It’s more like being ignorant for too long 😆

I have no idea how long the .xyz trend will last, but it’s a fact there is real demand for these one word .xyz’ s in web3 space. Plenty of .xyz have been developed including the average ones (two words, ‘the’ prefixes, etc).

Last edited:
•••

the registrars think so, have you seen the new premium prices for .xyz vs .org? alot different.

•••
Not sure what the appeal is, but (.xyz) isn't in Top 5 of non-dot.com alternatives used by startups.
At least based on reports I read from James Iles on Jamesnames.com, (.io) is the distant 2nd choice of startups followed by (.ai, .co, .cn).

For example.
https://jamesnames.com/2022/06/domains-used-by-1313-unicorns-part-1/
https://jamesnames.com/2022/06/data-driven-domain-stats-on-1313-unicorn-companies-79-4-use-a-com/

U.S. economy is officially in a recession as of Q3 2022, I'll be curious to see where (.xyz) stands in comparison to other non-Coms in December 2022.

Attachments

• 0EEE410B-7CBA-4D50-B645-D2656D6D8189.jpeg
    0EEE410B-7CBA-4D50-B645-D2656D6D8189.jpeg
    755.6 KB · Views: 67
•••

I sometimes feel like I write the same stuff over and over ...

.xyz is the first domain .extension to be both compatible with both DNS and ENS root systems ... that alone is a golden opportunity for someone looking to develop a business that can be seen both by www users and web3 users

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back