Domain Empire

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3dGlasses.com.au is dropping tomorrow :)

Current bid $10

•••
•••
Sedo .com is working fine for me.

•••
I found this interesting:

Apple to venture into three dimensions
Electronic spectacles that will allow the wearer to watch "3-D" films while on the move are being developed by Apple.
Apple to venture into three dimensions - Telegraph

Also, for those concerned... please consider some "Fads" can become trends and some trends have 'tipping points' where the Fad/Trend gets adopted by society. I think its safe to say that 3D will be on the media consumer's menu for the forseeable future.

3D is a new media feature. Kinda like "geo" is a new media feature... where along with 'Time' and 'Date' photo-stamp features you can know 'geo-tag' location. Increasingly consumers are able to choose to have their media in 3D.

Repeating claims that 3D is a "gimmick" and a "fad", in the face of new technologies, billions of investments and billions in profits, can be seen as attempts to "poison the pool", which can have a negative impact on the speculative market in 3D domain names.

Speaking of which... my latest reg is 3DMUZIK.com

Aside from 'the numbers', which are pretty good, I also have
3DMUSICTV.com -- so this buy is for a spin-off techno-dance-3D-laser-lightshow channel... which may also be a streaming service for private parties and dance clubs.

•••
Great post.

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

3dschool.org

3dtrackandfield.com

3dworkouttv.com

3dracingchannel.com

3dhollywoodtv.com

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

i have 3dbikinimodels.com .....5 people have visited the parking page this month
bought 3dbikinitv.com

•••
•••
More 3d

3dhorrormovie.com

3dmovietheaterguide.com

3dmilitarychannel.com

•••
Any 3D sales on SEDO or BIDO?

Has there been any substantial sales of 3D domains on SEDO or BIDO lately?

Thanks,
LexisDomains

•••
" not mine " auctions @ sedo

3dmovies.mobi $500

3-dprojectors.com $100

•••

Thanks,
LexisDomains

Not that i know of .. but i DID find this pretty funny / interesting..

If you remember, about a month ago, we all watched 'Home3d.info' sell on Sedo for $400

ODDLY enough, this is already being listed at GoDaddy auctions... it has an asking price of $760 - but a $456 BUY IN price.

Here is the link:
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=32053612

so... this person gambled $400 to make $56?
hmmmm... i don't know
i wonder what's at play here because that just doesn't jive right to me

•••
Some of you are just blatantly wasting your money. I mean, speculation is one thing; but a good number of them don't even stop to think, how the name can be a viable business model?

What is anonymous3d?

Unbelievable.
What is anonymous3d? Well the way my perverted little mind was thinking is, proxying, filtering, posting anonymous 3d pics perhaps. The choices are endless. Apparently over 90% of postings on social networking sites are from people who want to remain anonymous.

There are "anonymous 3d" results on google currently and Google for "anonymous" is about 120m.

Don't like the word anon. I looked at that of course. Anon3d just doesn't roll off the tongue fluently.

Only caught the last couple seconds of our local Australian news last night. Apparently we will be watching live sport in 3d next year on our tv's and by other sources which i missed. They did mention skype, youtube and our local phone carrier Telstra. Unfortunately i wasn't able to insert the missing info but somebody was wearing some very hi tech glasses and mentioned $2000. Looks like 3d may be a goer after all!! If any ozzies (or anybody else) saw that segment perhaps they can elaborate on it.

ps negative3d .com is avail
pps so is crappy3d .com

ppps i regged spam3d .com What is spam3d? It's a very tasty luncheon meat we put on our sandwiches of course! Made up of ham, salt and dunno what else.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Who would buy/use 3DKenya.com
Most major cities/countries appear to have gone in 3d dot coms. Looks like a lotta people wanna go to these places!!! 3dAustralia and Australia3d coms are gone.

•••

Thanks,
LexisDomains

when you think about it the sales have really picked up ,

some of the sales listed at dnjournal

3dtvs,info over a grand
3dtvgames.info over a grand
3d-tv.co.uk over 24 grand

Plus 2-3 weekly smaller sales at sedo , plus the sales that d-k talks about and other forum sales , once put into prospective it is only early days amd a good sales volume , i wonder if the naysayers said the same thing about the 'i' and 'e' domains as well

I am waiting on a sale for a 3d poker name , buyer has been told to offer via sedo

Most people here are smart enough to know not to put all their eggs in one basket , but i think if you act like a sheep you will always live in the same paddock, another thing about this thread i like is that i have registered a few non 3d names as a result of some of the discussion , i have a few motioncomic/book names and a motioncontrol name as well because of reading this thread

Good luck to all !

•••
Good thread...here are my 3D domains. I've been focusing a lot on glasses free 3D technology, since its the obvious direction (who really wants to strap on a pair of 3D glasses when they invite a girl over for a movie?).

GlassesFree.TV
3DTVGlassesFree.com
GlassesFree.info
GlassesFree.net
GlassesFreeTV.com
GlassesFreeTV.info
GlassesFreeTV.net
HiDefinition3D.com
WhatSize3DTV.com
WhatSizeTV.com

They are all listed on bido, but some of them are just begging for development so I might head in that direction.

Does any one have a record of the "biggest" 3D domain sale? Or know of any "glasses free" domain sales?

Thanks

•••
i think record would be 3d-tv.co.uk for $24,000+ that's without checking anything

•••
I think you're right evirtual1, and this may be next

Web3D.com $14,301

•••
I seem to be getting a fair amount of hits on 3dhollywoodmovie(dot)com
Just moved it to SEDO but haven't played with the parking page yet.. will be interesting to see how it does..

•••
Best sale was 3dhome.com at snapnames for $25000
3d.de sold for $17500 at Sedo

•••
New Here

Hi here are a few i Registered i figured for around 37.00 for all 5 why not

3dtouchscreen dot mobi
3dmovietonight dot com
3dtraveltour dot com
3dvisualexperience dot com
free3dtrial dot com

I will just hold them for a year or so and see where the market goes

•••
Just curious what people think are the best investments out of the following names

Just say you could have the .COM of any 3 of these, what would you pick??

3DGames
3DGame
3DGaming
3DGamer
3DGamers
3DSport
3DSports
3DMovie
3DMovies
3-D
3DTV
3D-TV
3DChannel
3DFilm
3DFilms

thanks all

Last edited:
•••
What is anonymous3d? Well the way my perverted little mind was thinking is, proxying, filtering, posting anonymous 3d pics perhaps. The choices are endless. Apparently over 90% of postings on social networking sites are from people who want to remain anonymous.

There are "anonymous 3d" results on google currently and Google for "anonymous" is about 120m.

Don't like the word anon. I looked at that of course. Anon3d just doesn't roll off the tongue fluently.

Only caught the last couple seconds of our local Australian news last night. Apparently we will be watching live sport in 3d next year on our tv's and by other sources which i missed. They did mention skype, youtube and our local phone carrier Telstra. Unfortunately i wasn't able to insert the missing info but somebody was wearing some very hi tech glasses and mentioned $2000. Looks like 3d may be a goer after all!! If any ozzies (or anybody else) saw that segment perhaps they can elaborate on it.

ps negative3d .com is avail
pps so is crappy3d .com

ppps i regged spam3d .com What is spam3d? It's a very tasty luncheon meat we put on our sandwiches of course! Made up of ham, salt and dunno what else.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Most major cities/countries appear to have gone in 3d dot coms. Looks like a lotta people wanna go to these places!!! 3dAustralia and Australia3d coms are gone.

:kickass:

•••
Just curious what people think are the best investments out of the following names

3DGames
3DGame
3DGaming
3DGamer
3DGamers
3DSport
3DSports
3DMovie
3DMovies
3-D
3DTV
3D-TV
3DChannel
3DFilm
3DFilms

thanks all

3-D
3DTV
3DMovies

•••
3DTVDisplays.com - just dropped and i registered.

•••

3DGames
3DGame
3DGaming
3DGamer
3DGamers
3DSport
3DSports
3DMovie
3DMovies
3-D
3DTV
3D-TV
3DChannel
3DFilm
3DFilms

thanks all

3DGames
3DMovies
3DTV

•••

3DGames
3DGame
3DGaming
3DGamer
3DGamers
3DSport
3DSports
3DMovie
3DMovies
3-D
3DTV
3D-TV
3DChannel
3DFilm
3DFilms

thanks all

3-D
3DTV
3DMovies

•••
Thanks for the top 3 guys, it seems 3DTV and 3Dmovies are regulars, I think games/gaming will be huge in 3D as well

I regged 1 more, after reading this and getting your vote, you better be right lol

http://3dontv.com/uae-goes-3d-tv/

3DMovies.ae

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back