Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hey All

... Just Added:

• 3dGame.co.uk

to the collection

(Very Excited!)
:)

•••
•••
Hey All

... Just Added:

• 3dGame.co.uk

to the collection

(Very Excited!)

yes a good name , i was pleased when i got 3dgame.com.au

but like me i bet you wish you had got the plural

•••
I don't know guys.... I stop registering 3D domains a while ago.

It also seems that the market has cooled down a bit. The biggest reason for this is the lack of 3D content in both the Cinema & Home markets.

Hopefully it will pick up. When it does, I will register more.

Pending.....

•••
I grabbed one more

3DTheatres.co.uk

Im stopping now........

•••
My latest few:

3Dpad.net, 3Dexperience.tv, 3Dupdate.com, 3Dupdate.tv, 3Dupdate.info,
3Dtouch.me, 3Dtouch.tv, 3Dtouch.mobi

•••
I Couldn't Afford The '$'

Thanks everybody ... and yes - i wish i had the 's', but i couldn't it :)
lucky for me, i'm still pretty happy to have a top 10 3d gaming domain name... and who knows.. give it time, it may evolve and catch up a bit... i know the current stats really favor 3d gameS (201k - 22k - 'bout 10 to 1), but if you look at "Games" vs. "Game" overall, it's much closer in distance (16.6 mil - 9.1 mil / month - not even 2 to 1)... either way, i'm happy

My latest few:

3Dpad.net, 3Dexperience.tv, 3Dupdate.com, 3Dupdate.tv, 3Dupdate.info,
3Dtouch.me, 3Dtouch.tv, 3Dtouch.mobi

i love the 3dtouch.me... cool stuff

I grabbed one more

3DTheatres.co.uk

Im stopping now........

Riiight Giles...
.. how many times have we all said that already this year??
haha
good luck with that... i look forward to seeing your next reg

•••
Freshly registered 3dod.com.au.

•••
Riiight Giles...
.. how many times have we all said that already this year??
haha
good luck with that... i look forward to seeing your next reg

very true, but at least they will bought off existing owners, not hand-regged, there arent anymore names left lol

Freshly registered 3dod.com.au

Nice name snoopinc, 3D On Demand sounds great

For the aussies, available names!!!

3DNotebook.com.au
3DMonitor.com.au
3DTheaters.com.au
3DTheater.com.au
3DAction.com.au
3D-Televisions.com.au
3DComedy.com.au

Last edited:
•••
Nice pick up HotelSex. Anything with game is awesome.
Goodjob on theatres Giles.
I guess yesterday was a good UK day.

Yesterday I picked up 3dwebsites.co.uk

I also added a couple of short .coms
3dhdr.com
ws3d.com

•••
Some 3D domains bought

3dHomeTheaterStore.com

3dSchool.org

3dLingerieTV.com

3dBaseballTV.com

3dFightChannel.com

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Just regd

3DVIDEOPLAYER.CO.UK

•••
very true, but at least they will bought off existing owners, not hand-regged, there arent anymore names left lol

Nice name snoopinc, 3D On Demand sounds great

For the aussies, available names!!!

3DNotebook.com.au
3DMonitor.com.au
3DTheaters.com.au
3DTheater.com.au
3DAction.com.au
3D-Televisions.com.au
3DComedy.com.au
Thanks Giles. Those available .com.au domains will be snapped up quickly.

•••
Gone a bit adult themed with ..

3DCheerleader.com
Orgies3D.com
Spanking3D.com

:O

•••
I like mine... .COM

3 d a d d i c t i o n

I found the owner 3d addict on another forum and asked what he would sell it for... was outta my range $xxxx ...

What do ya think of these, which do you like better?

•••
I flipped a low $1,xxx 3D spanish keyword domain today

It could be a great sale or one I will regret later..but I could not say no on a $8 reg

If the buyer is ok for me to report will post here today

•••
Just regged LongIsland3d.com

•••
I like mine... .COM

3 d a d d i c t i o n

I found the owner 3d addict on another forum and asked what he would sell it for... was outta my range $xxxx ...

What do ya think of these, which do you like better?

Well addict would be best i think as it's shorter, but addiction works too,it also sums up this whole 3D thing for me.gotta stop buying..i repeat...gotta stop buying....

although you got to admit guys, if 3DCheerleader.com existed you'd have a little peek....have a look at my avatar and tell me you wouldn't..

thought not :hehe:

•••
Congrats D-K! hopefully we get to learn the domain ;)

--

Thanks Lubbinit for the comment, rep+ your way. Originally, I thought addict was better but I'm not so sure anymore as I saw three commercials yesterday that emphasized the word addiction. Anyone other thoughts?

•••
just regd my first US domain name,

3DPLAYER.US

why did no-one else see this? I see Mr Coley has 3dplayers.us

Last edited:
•••
just regd my first US domain name,

3DPLAYER.US

Yeah, I saw that available the other day, its been in my cart for a few days lol (along with the below names)

I flipped a low $1,xxx 3D spanish keyword domain today

It could be a great sale or one I will regret later..but I could not say no on a $8 reg

If the buyer is ok for me to report will post here today

Congrats D-K, you seem to be the only one selling, good work

ok..ok, I did say I would not reg anymore but I grabbed a few more, I guess decent keyword names will be quite easy to sell for a small profit at least, even .US names

3DGamer.us
3DGamers.us
3DCellPhone.us
3DRecorder.us

•••
Don't know if I already posted this one, and I'm too lazy to check back :lol:

3D Minisites .com

•••
•••

This is untrue Giles - i have a very nice list of available names that are still unregged - i'll share a handful with you if interested .. pm me...

... and aged domains are very overrated and nothing more than an increased risk. All that says is that SOMEONE else thought this would be good too.. nothing more... the ONLY advantage you may have with an aged domain is if your end-user is in favor of such a name, other than that - it's just MORE money and more risk.

Perfect example is "3dSexy.com" ...
... the guy bought that name for $1,000 in 2008..
... and lost $500 in 2010 when it sold for $500 (or was it $550?)

Still don't get the frowning on hand regged names... you probably could have saved your self a ton of money with a much higher upside if you had just tried to do so in the beginning.

I paid $11 for a two year reg on Games3d.co.uk.... if i re-reg that for four more years, it would cost me a total of $33... this name has immense high upside and i won't have to worry about selling it for more than the $600 - $2,000 or so it cost me in the first place.

I just think there is still a lot of value in hand regging a name... ESPECIALLY with a technology that still may be two-three years away from REALLY taking off... there would be your preferred age.

... u should consider it a little more.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Don't know if I already posted this one, and I'm too lazy to check back :lol:

3D Minisites .com

this is actually a VERY good name exesdo... someone like myself could use a site like this right about now.

good luck with it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back