NameSilo

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
has anyone include the term 'web3d' in thier way of thinking ?

i read the web 3.0 will be in fact web3d

web3d.com was sold last year for $14,301

•••
3D-HomeTheatre.com

It can be an acronym for anything you want, the shorter the better, as D-K showed, people like the short 3DLL or LL3D names, they will only become more popular, there are none left like this, except the horrible 3DQX or ZX3D etc...I dont think you can go wrong for $5

I think its no surprise that some are not selling because its only just becoming mainstream, thats all....when you see 3D .INFO names selling for x,xxx, that is surely a good sign, we will have to wait and see wont we.....

Appreciate your comments GlobeGenius..

Some available names - reps appreciated if you grab any

3D-Computers.net
3D-Recorders.net
3D-Cinemas.net
3D-Theaters.net
3D-Theater.net
3D-Theatres.net
3D-Theatre.net
3D-HomeCinemas.net
3D-HomeTheatres.net
3D-HomeTheatre.com (I bet this one goes first)
3D-HomeTheatre.net
3D-Comedy.net

Thank you gilescoley !!!

I just reg 3D-HomeTheatre.com , It is realy good domain....

I also reg last week 3dBandwagon.com, what you think about this domain?

Regards,

•••
i read the web 3.0 will be in fact web3d
web3d.com was sold last year for $14,301

I actually approached this guy to buy Web3D.com, he said he was open to offers?? Then I checked what he bought it for and gave up lol - He said he plans to develop it.

These guys - heliosentertainment.com

•••
in a world of acronyms i think w3d is a good option as well as web3d

•••
三次元.jp i have the japanese three/dimensional

From my search your domain is correct , wot who has joined this thread has 三d.com i think

Thanks, Yes wot confirmed that this also does mean 3d in chinese

So what does everyone else think?

三维.tv - Any value?

•••
I just bought 3DHU.com from snapnames for $5

Nice buy

HU = Chinese family surname
HU = Hungary country code

There are 31 other abbreviation HU - Definition by AcronymFinder

Nice buy I would rather own these types of domains..then some of the new regs people seem to be buying.

Short domains always sell

This domain just takes someone from China to want the domain..and it's sold after all there is alot of Chinese people with a surname HU :sold:

•••
Nice buy

HU = Chinese family surname
HU = Hungary country code

There are 31 other abbreviation HU - Definition by AcronymFinder

Nice buy I would rather own these types of domains..then some of the new regs people seem to be buying.

Short domains always sell

This domain just takes someone from China to want the domain..and it's sold after all there is alot of Chinese people with a surname HU

Thanks D-K for the info on China, I am sure I wont have an issue selling it later on down the track, I guess the "U" could be University as well

rep added for always being helpful mate

I also got these

DU3D.com
FD3D.com (Free Download 3D)
FY3D.com (For Your 3D)
GW3D.com (Go With 3D)
WM3D.com (World Media??)

I grabbed this as well

3DW.us (3D Web)

•••
•••
see the link below

wwww.electronichouse.com/article/blu-ray_association_finalizes_3d_spec/

BLURAY3DPLAYER.COM AND 3DNOTEBOOK.ORG- is going under the hammer on bido, we will see how much the 3d domains have come on through this sale or not!

Last edited:
•••
Good Luck on your 3d sales

•••
Any ideas for those domains?

3dtvK.com
3dtvL.com
B3dtv.com
F3dtv.com
J3dtv.com
N3dtv.com
O3dtv.com
P3dtv.com

•••
BLURAY3DPLAYER.COM AND 3DNOTEBOOK.ORG- is going under the hammer on bido, we will see how much the 3d domains have come on through this sale or not!

Personally I think this its too early to sell decent 3D names, especially BLURAY3DPLAYER.COM

I would try and sell the .org and I would have held the .com for another year at least, you may live to regret it if you see it sell for x,xxx in 2 years time

Good luck though

Last edited:
•••
You read my thoughts!

Personally I think this is too early to sell decent 3D names, especially BLURAY3DPLAYER.COM

I would try and sell the .org and I would have held the .com for another year at least, you may live to regret it if you see it sell for x,xxx in 2 years time

Good luck though

•••
I've put 3dod.net up on auction at Bido.

•••
sip3d .com.
Received an email from Andrew Seybold CEO Smart Cybersquatters LLC asking me if i have a price for the domain. Not sure if genuine. Any clues?

Just regged 3dcoms .com. Surprised still avail.

Just google that name, its a scam. Cybersuqatters llc doesnt sounds fishy to you? :)

•••
With a reserve of $25,000 , bluray3dplayer.com will not sell, but will give me a clear indication of how the market is, 3dnotebook.org has a reserve of $14,450 , again it will not sell but a clear market indication will be noticed with offers!

Last edited:
•••
With a reserve of $25,000 , bluray3dplayer.com will not sell, but will give me a clear indication of how the market is, 3dnotebook.org has a reserve of $14,450 , again it will not sell but a clear market indication will be noticed with offers!

What kind of indication if it will not sell?

•••
a clear indication of what people are willing to offer for the domain mate!

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Just looked on bido and it has just been flooded with 3d domains, some really poor ones!! lol

•••
Yeah, 3dmommy.com for almost $10000 :)

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

a clear indication of what people are willing to offer for the domain mate!

Most people will not bother to bid, knowing they will not go over reserve price (which is public on Bido).

Anyhow, keep us updated with auction results, thanks.

•••
My 3DGolfOnline.com is getting a little traffic, so I regged 3DOnlineGolf.com

•••
mrcurly, it wont give you any idea, I put some names on there with a $50 reserve (IDDD.net, OPAT.net, UNAD.net), and they didnt get a bid so it show much, you will never know what people would have paid. I dont think these names are in great demand YET!! I assure you, if you set the reserve to $150 or $200, they wouldn't sell.

Bido is not the place to test the market for domains like these

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Lubbinit

I really like the Go Wild, and that made me think of "Gone Wild 3D....imagine watching "Girls Gone Wild" in 3D.....mmmmmm

Display Unit is nice too

Thanks

You're welcome!

•••
Yeah, 3dmommy.com for almost $10000 :)

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Most people will not bother to bid, knowing they will not go over reserve price (which is public on Bido).

Anyhow, keep us updated with auction results, thanks.

How would 3dmommy relate to 3D technology :bah:

•••
Someone with free time, should go back on this thread and list the TOP 10 3D Domains posted on this showcase/thread

Would be interesting to see if any new regs make it in the Top 10.

Who is qualified to do it ? Or more to the point, who will stick their neck out.
Perhaps, you could pick your top 10 ?

•••
I am considering placing 3dwidescreentv.com on sale at Bido, what do you think?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back