Dynadot

interviews The 30 Years Story of Richard Lau, Logo.com Founder [Interview]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Macit

Founder of dofo.comEstablished Member
Dofo.com Staff
Impact
We are continuing the interview series with Richard Lau. He is an entrepreneur and a well-known person in the domain name industry. He has had a lot of interesting stories for the past 30 years.

This is a very informative interview for us. Thanks to Richard for his sincere answers to our questions.

READ THE INTERVIEW

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another nice interview. Thank you! There are many things I had not known before, including of his health scare and how he got started in domain names.

I liked this quote a lot where he explains that all but one of his single word domain holdings was not hand registered by him, and how he captured his name, the one that was:
"the only one-word domain that I was able to hand-register was my surname: Lau.com. And to do that, I stayed by my computer for almost 3 days straight, submitting an email application every few minutes to register the domain. At the time, I had no idea how “the drop” worked, didn’t know how to automate emails, and was using a 14,400 baud modem to dial into my ISP each time!"

Thanks again for an illuminating look into the life and domain career of a domain great.

Bob

•••
We are continuing the interview series with Richard Lau. He is an entrepreneur and a well-known person in the domain name industry. He has had a lot of interesting stories for the past 30 years.

This is a very informative interview for us. Thanks to Richard for his sincere answers to our questions.

READ THE INTERVIEW

Nice, thanks for sharing.

•••
Just a few days ago I typed in logo.com & logos.com to see if they were in good use lol.

•••
It is a very interesting interview for me, too.

We are all learning so many things from everyone.

We will keep asking questions to learn the stories behind the people and projects.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back