Dynadot

Teens Only! - Business Proposition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
In my time in domaining, some of the most passionate domainers have been teens, as they seem to put more enthusiasm into their work than many older domainers.

Thus, I'd like to get together with a couple of fellow teens and make a website and/or forums, which I believe could turn out to be profitable and a great learning experience for all concerned.

If you'd like to PM me, or put forward any ideas in this thread, that would be great. I'm simply looking for individuals with enthusiasm and a willingness to succeed, and of course, ideas.

I'm looking forward to having the privelige of working with some of you :tu:

P.S. I'm not looking to make a teens-only related forum or website, I know a couple of members here who already have excellent "teens only" sites.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good idea Tom.

We've being discussing a few ideas, others reading this, maybe contact Sabre, see what the ideas can be merged into.

Something positive could come out of this. :)

•••
I wouldn't mind getting involved in this, sounds like an interesting prospect...

•••
Do you have an idea about what type of forum it would be?

•••
Dan said:
Do you have an idea about what type of forum it would be?

It wouldn't necessarily be a forum.

Most of the ideas I've had from people are for sites.

Any ideas are appreciated.

I have a couple of my own which I'm intending to share, along with others people have PMed me with (if they are willing to let me post them of course).

•••
I would be prepared to join. I can promote it with links on my PR sites and arcades (for teens) I have an idea that we make a network. A forum being the base of it. Then branching off for arcades and prank sites or something like that! Im prepared to help.

•••
Does it really need to be online? Their are a lot of great things you could do offline aswell and I love the idea that your involving teens as I'm a teen myself ;). If you need any help just Pm me cos I'd love to.

•••
ironmonk3y said:
I would be prepared to join. I can promote it with links on my PR sites and arcades (for teens) I have an idea that we make a network. A forum being the base of it. Then branching off for arcades and prank sites or something like that! Im prepared to help.

That sounds like a good idea. Will definately put it into the hat

Brennan said:
Does it really need to be online? Their are a lot of great things you could do offline aswell and I love the idea that your involving teens as I'm a teen myself ;). If you need any help just Pm me cos I'd love to.

Thanks for your support!

I'll be contacting all who were interested so we can get together and discuss things, soon :)

Contact me if you're interested, or post here of course!

•••
I posted something very similar here two weeks ago, and it seemed like there would be interest. I would be interested in helping out with whatever I could.

•••
Etab said:
I posted something very similar here two weeks ago, and it seemed like there would be interest. I would be interested in helping out with whatever I could.

Didn't see that.

Just had a read and I'm thinking more of making one or two sites, rather than a whole network to be honest.

Glad you're on board though :tu:

•••
how about a music forums for teeens i got one pretty much set-up going to waste

•••
Making a forum, and no site...make very slow progress...

Not ideal in my opinion. ;)

•••
Fkrule said:
how about a music forums for teeens i got one pretty much set-up going to waste

I have one too, though it's fully running and developed.

PM me the link, perhaps it would be applicable to get a site up with it.

I agree with Hitch, it's hard to start a forum without a site.

•••
i sent you the link to the homepage of the site http://musicrazy.info the forums have had some posts and members but i dont have time anymore and the spammers are settling in now slowly

•••
Hmm, just noticed this thread..

I'll help out in any way I can. If I think of anything i'll post it here.

•••
I'm definately interested aswell

•••
I'll help with whatever plan gets made. :)

Anyone have any ideas that aren't just making a forum? (Such as what type of site, what it will offer, etc.)

•••
I'll be pooling all the ideas together and will probably post a full report on Thursday at some point, when I have the time to compile everything.

•••
Hoep im not to late but i'd like to be involved if at all possible :)

•••
this sounds like a pretty good idea..

•••
I see one hell of an MSN conversation emerging :D

•••
hmm can i be involved with this too ? or is it too late !

•••
will7 said:
I see one hell of an MSN conversation emerging :D

Only problem with that is the differing time zones ;)

I was thinking of holding a meeting at 8pm GMT on Sunday in chat?
That would be 3pm for eastern and midday for west coast.

Basically, the process will work like this;

1. Members state interest
2. PM Sent to all interested members with date and time for meeting
3. Meeting takes place. Ideas discussed and 2 ideas decided upon.
4. I will then release who I need (eg. X coders - proficient in ..., X designers - proficient in ...)
5. People put forward their applications to me
6. Ill assign you to one of the two projects after 3 days - I'll be choosing the best people for the jobs as there will be limited spaces unfortunately
7. Meetings will be held in regard to both projects and off we go!

If you've got any input, don't feel anything is right, etc. etc. tell me and I'll see what I can do to improve things.

P.S. It's not too late, anyone can put themselves forward.

•••
Holding a chat at 8PM GMT on Sunday sounds good. :)

•••
This sunday? I'm interested.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back