Dynadot

discuss .tech, .technology or .io for tech blogs

NameSilo
Watch

0frills

Established Member
Impact
I am thinking of starting a tech blog and the keyword I am looking for is not available in .com, .net or .in. Which would be the next best tech tld advisable for it... .tech, .technology, .io or any other suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless you're planning to sell domains, a domain extension is not important.

•••
I am thinking of starting a tech blog and the keyword I am looking for is not available in .com, .net or .in. Which would be the next best tech tld advisable for it... .tech, .technology, .io or any other suggestions?
I will go with .io.

•••
Unless you're planning to sell domains, a domain extension is not important.

I know gone are the days when people would consider a .com as the obvious one (still remember when in the internet explorer days, hitting a ctrl+enter would append .com to the keyword typed in the address bar).

However, I still feel some extensions do make a difference. For example, a webhosting.life may not make much sense, although it may be one of the cheapest extention to register.

•••
I know gone are the days when people would consider a .com as the obvious one (still remember when in the internet explorer days, hitting a ctrl+enter would append .com to the keyword typed in the address bar).

However, I still feel some extensions do make a difference. For example, a webhosting.life may not make much sense, although it may be one of the cheapest extention to register.
You're not wrong.
For eg, we can't start a Fashion blog using Fashion.dev, .bar, etc.
The site will still rank if a good SEO is implemented, but it won't look good.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back