NameSilo

news .SUPPLIES secondary release coming to an end

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Premium gTLD

Established Member
Impact
As of Saturday 8/8/15 @ 6PM UTC, you could still purchase "Cleaning.Supplies" for $999 on GoDaddy plus small EAP fee.

"School.Supplies" and "Office.Supplies" both sold earlier this week with much higher EAP fees.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why not .supply instead .supplies, I think .supply sounded better.

•••
why not .supply instead .supplies, I think .supply sounded better.
I disagree, I think .supplies as a suffix is more useful and proper (in English grammar) to complete keyword phrases that we use in everyday life ....

•••
Actually, donuts also released the .SUPPLY gTLD as well.

•••
It's pretty sad when there's both .Supply and .Supplies, .Work and .Works, .Car and .Cars, etc.etc. So stupid. I know there's slightly different meanings and different uses. But just really stupid and unnecessarily confusing for all Internet users.

•••
Supplies is better than supply and work is better than works IMO.

•••
It's pretty sad when there's both .Supply and .Supplies, .Work and .Works, .Car and .Cars, etc.etc. So stupid. I know there's slightly different meanings and different uses. But just really stupid and unnecessarily confusing for all Internet users.
Yes, this will certainly lead to confusion and countless emails going astray, it's too late now the ship has sailed.

The solution is to register both plural and singular, use the most appropriate, and catch-all email from the other.

Supplies is better than supply and work is better than works IMO.

It really depends on the name :

example : we.supply or we.supplies (this time 'supply' is the obvious winner)

Have a look at some real world examples :

> Google search results : domains ending with 'supply' <

> Google search results : domains ending with 'supplies' <

Last edited:
•••
I was about saying same... This could lead to court cases cos the owner of for instance usattorney . space may not be the owner of usattorney . spaces so there should be a regulatory authorities that will do checks and balances on domain names providers otherwise, the foundation of this business is shaky.

•••
Obviously you should do defensive registrations if you are serious about your business, but there is no guarantee you'll get the plural counterpart to your singular or vice-versa. Or it might be available at a hefty price. And you always have to be on the lookout because you never know what strings Icann may release later on. One thing is granted, they will happily stab you in the back for a nice TLD application fee.

Nice job Icann.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back