Dynadot

.us Superbowl

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I don't understand why Godaddy would promote the .co instead of the .us in a Superbowl commercial. It seems like it would have been the perfect forum for it with the Superbowl being a U.S. event. Why in the world would they instead want to promote another country's TLD? It just seems unamerican.

Imagine if that chick had the .us painted on her for all to see. The .us could have become an overnight hit.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.us reg is only like 3.99$ @ gd :P
More $$$$$ for co regs
Obviously they are trying to promote co as company like ws was promoted somewhat as website

It would not have become an overnight hit, maybe a boost but that's all

•••

Last edited:
•••
Well I see one reason: why should the registrars do anything to promote the extension when the registry is asleep at the wheel and apathetic.

•••
I was thinking at the time I noticed it... damn, why can't this be done with ".us"???

•••
Because Neustar and .us doesn't offer the same wholesale profit margin as .co gives to Godaddy.

It's no different than when Tuvalu decided they wanted a bigger cut and Parsons did a complete 180 on flogging .tv registrations.

Godaddy is an ENORMOUS gatekeeper for domain name registrations. These TLDs live or die at their whim. The domainer-monkey-spew money is significant. Tens of millions. Pay close attention to the developmental trajectory of .co for a case-study in that phenomenon.

... but yes. If Neustar were smart, they'd be buying Parsons a new Harley, sending over a few hookers and offering him a $2 or $3 upshot per registration. You'd see GD hop on the .us bandwagon instantaniously and once that happened, given it's inherent, intuitive properties, it would gain a lot more traction.

It's impressive what .us has already done, given the millstones that have been hung around its neck.

Last edited:
•••
.co

Seriously, .co looks like a typo of a .com. It also looks incomplete. Why would anyone want one?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back