Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoMis

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone. Happy to be here.

I have been domaining 10 years and thought you might be interested in hearing my story.

You can search for my book Domaining Success Story at Amazon.

Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks, Jody

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So you've been in the 'field' for 10 years, but just decided to create an account here today just to self-promote? And you write nothing, but expect us to go pay money for your book....ahhhh, right.

•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
lol Sure you have. If you're so great at it, instead of joining just to try to sell something, how about being an actual member and contributing to the forums.

•••
You have shared secrets that made you apparently hundreds and thousands of dollars.. and you want to be compensated for that?

All one would need to do is take about 20 or 30 "secrets" shared right here on Namepros by members who make hundreds and thousands of dollars, create an ebook and sell it on Amazon.

Strange thing is that the members sharing stuff here do so for free and don't expect any compensation....

You've joined today with the sole purpose of promoting your book ... were you not able to allocate some of the hundreds and thousands of dollars you've made...... on marketing your book?

Instead of promoting your book on a sole thread, why not start engaging with the community...offering advice and answering questions that members post all on the forum. You could mention your book in your signature, if people like the advice and information you are sharing on the forum, if ur advice is solid advice than chances are they would be keen to take a look at you book as well.

Last edited:
•••
First of all, I would like to welcome you to namepros. Glad you decided to join.

I'm sure that your book contains some meaningful insight into your journey in the world of domains. While I am positive it provides plenty of useful info, I think the audience is more than willing to share their stories willingly, without a pitch. We are trying to make money ourselves, you know.

Before I buy your book, can you share a bit about yourself, and maybe even spill some beans about your insider trade secrets?

•••
Man, I don't know how many sales you would get for your book, but you surely got a few comments within a few hours of your joining here. You should be thankful..!!
You should at least mention a few domains you owned in the past. You are considered pro by the domains you own n the ROI u got.

Last edited:
•••
Hundreds of thousands ... and you're selling an ebook for $2.99?
Seems you'd be better off at the domain thing.

•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Hello JoMis,

Welcome aboard.

Congrats on making good money doing domaining. I wish you more success.

Regarding your book, I am sure it must have gr8 insights. I have nothing against it or your way of promoting it here. Its your personal choice.

Just recently, someone here on namepros who sells his ebook for 50$, gave some copies to some namepros members for free. I was fortunate to get a copy just for a simple promise that I will not share my free copy. I promised and I will surely not break it. I have a figure in mind, that I will give that guy once I make money through it. He hasnt asked me, but, I will as a gesture of appreciation.

Well, you can try something like that and trust me, you will be compensated much more monetarily and socially.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With regards,
VaibhavA

•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Hello Jomis,

As I said, I wont call it greedy. Its your personal choice.

I will get a copy. Pls send me details of payment. But, do you want a promise that I will not share it with anybody as I am paying for it.

With regards,
VaibhavA

•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Some of the big cheeses in domaining let the quality of the domains they buy and sell do their talking for them

The big money is in free

Mind you to be in domaining for 10 years and having made a few quid etc many experienced domainers on np must already know you

•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Many here are new to domaining trying to understand the domain industry and try and make a few bucks etc and learn from each other etc where experienced domainers help newbies etc to negotiate their first sale and the transaction etc so that they too may one day become experienced domainers

But credit where credit is due

If you've made a few quid in domaining and managed to earn a living from it well done

•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Domain names will enable people to achieve so much in life beit from simply enabling them to buy food for the day or week or pay a bill or even a vital mortgage payment etc - domain names will change lives eg the sale of one domain name could get buy a person 2 months bills etc thus giving them time to change careers etc the opportunities that buying a quality domain name will present has yet to really unfold

•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
@JoMis, Welcome to Namepros. Though should it be Welcome Back? As what I find puzzling in your intro, is that with -
  • the amount of good domaining information here at NP
  • the amount of times you would have seen NP threads in top Google results in 10 plus years
  • the amount of low affordable domains able to be bought here at cheap reseller prices i.e. a top domain source for any domainer
  • NamePros, having always been one of the biggest domain forums in the World in those 10 years
that you wouldn't have found and joined NamePros before in 10 years, yet suddenly found and joined NP yesterday, in time for the launch of your new book seems a bit disingenuous.

I have found people on NP to be great people and strive to interact in a very real way, but you have come across as inauthentic by doing this. Which raised a few wary reactions.

So is it Welcome to NamePros for the first time, or have you been here as a member for a while, but started a new profile for your book launch?

I for one Welcome you anyway, and I thank you for coming to share your knowledge. But I would like to know why you didn't find NamePros 1 - 9 yrs before this.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
So how many pages is you book please?

•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back