Dynadot

question Stuck with a (dot)feedback domain !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mesta

Impact
Hello everyone,

1- I'm new to this, and I registered yesterday a .feedback domain for several years with internetbs, to create a products feedback website, after they announced a discount on this extension.

But when updating the nameservers to point to my hosting, the domain resolved to some feedback platform operated by the Registry Operator.

the support told me that I can't use it as self hosted unless I pay an extra large fee of 750$ / year !

I didn't know that, and it's not mentioned until you go into the nameservers tab in the domain dashboard after registration.

So I'm stuck now with a domain that i can't use to build a website.

2- And what about .review domains are they like any other domains ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure how to solve this, my advise is not pay a dime for the hosting and stay away from such meaningless extensions including .review, try grace delete the domain and get a refund.

•••
I think you'll be able to delete the domain and get your money back if it's within 5 days of the registration. Contact the registrar as soon as possible and ask them about deleting and getting a refund.

I would recommend you .reviews which is owned by the largest ngtld registry and not .review.

•••
Approach most ngtld with caution.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back