Dynadot

Steps to listing on multiple platforms

NameSilo
Watch

Relevant Domain

Established Member
Impact
Maybe I’m just overthinking this, yeah…probably.

Example: Wanting to list my domain at Dan and at Afternic, with Dan hosting my landing page.

When I go in and add the TXT Record for Afternic, do I then need to wait until Afternic verifies the TXT record before I then switch the Nameservers to Dan?

Once I switch the Namservers to Dan at my registrar, doesn’t that make the TXT Records inaccessible due to Afternic as Dan is now controlling my TXT Records in a sense?

See?!? Overthinking…thanks for any clarification on this!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I could do such at Epik registrar, point to Epik marketplace NS then add TXT record to Dan and it worked, the only thing you get Epik landing pages. For sure same can be done at SAV, NameCheap and Porkbun.
Edit: from what I heard Dan plans to become a registrar, maybe this will be possible with them soon.

Last edited:
•••
You don't need no TXT record to add names to Afternic. Just add names and they will pop up on your portfolio after a short review. If a name already exists in their system, send them an email with a screenshot from the back end of your registrar where your name can be seen.

What you are saying would be the case for listing at Sedo. You first need to add TXT record to the existing registrar, but it has nothing to do whether you are with Dan, Epik, Dynadot or anybody else - this TXT record basically shows Sedo that you are the owner of the name. It has no other impact.

•••
@Relevant Domain you're right that you can only define txt records when you're in control of managing dns for your domain (zone). So it is possible to set these records when using your registrar's nameservers, but not when you point nameservers to dan/sedo/afternic. You've then 'delegated' dns to another party.

As for the Afternic txt record you mentioned in your example: afternic does not use this for verification. Sedo and Dan use them, though.

See this thread as well:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/should-afternic-use-txt-record-verification-poll.1179960/

Last edited:
•••
The answer is simple, what you ask is not possible until Dan becomes a registrar.

•••
Thank you for the great responses. Bottom line is that I don’t need to use TXT Records to list my domains at Afternic. I only have to create a TXT Record for Sedo long enough for Sedo to see it and list my domain with them and then I can change my Nameservers to Dan to use their landing page.

•••
Thank you for the great responses. Bottom line is that I don’t need to use TXT Records to list my domains at Afternic. I only have to create a TXT Record for Sedo long enough for Sedo to see it and list my domain with them and then I can change my Nameservers to Dan to use their landing page.
It may work if the verification is done once, but if it is done on daily, weekly or monthly basis then it may not work.
I see that most sales are done at Afternic but also Dan, i plan myself to list them at Afternic, then add TXT record for Dan and Sedo, even with such I think Afternic network includes most of this platforms, because when you search domains to hand register on different registrars it can show a premium price and it say 'Partner Network' this is how I think Afternic works, it includes domains to be available to buy at different registrars.

•••
Thanks to everyone that replied. I was able to take my Dan listings (500+), export them to a cvs and then clean up the sheet and import them into Afternic. Whew!

•••
Please can I still add to sedo after listing on Dan and Afternic?

•••
Back