IT.COM

Starting First Blog/Affiliate site - Two Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I'll try to be concise.

Background

I made a few designs for Zazzle and I realized I could make money selling other people's designs too. I've started a few blogs, so I decided to start a blog about t-shirts I like (not built yet). I've narrowed my niche. I plan on doing two or three posts a day, at least one focusing on a specific t-shirt or two. I'd like to be able to pick shirts from a variety of vendors if that's possible and smart and to show a picture of it on my blog. I'm open to having one or more separate Pages where people can go and look at other t-shirts.

Question One
Do I register for more than one network? Do I use both CJ and Shareasale?
Do I also join affiliate programs directly through retailer?

Question Two
I want to sell 5 to 7 shirts a day at first. I plan on sharing my posts with Facebook and Twitter (no friends or followers for this yet) and maybe a few other social networks. I'll also be participating in a few forums and such.
Will I meet my goal? What do I really need to do to meet this goal?

Thanks for taking the time to read such a long post

P.S. I could care less about Zazzle. I only mentioned that because that was how the idea began

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Answer 1: If you want to promote a wide range of products, join any related program that will have you! CJ and Sharesale, also Linkshare, Pepperjam, Google Affiliate Network. Cafe Press is on CJ, Zazzle is on GAN. With independent programs - some are good, some are not. If you want to get paid, stick with merchants you trust.

Answer 2: Totally depends on your site - how much of a following you get, whether your visitors are in the mood to buy or just read the blog to be entertained.

•••
cj is good for started website.

•••
Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to sign up for a couple, look around and get a feeling for which will work best.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

•••
Hi, I'll try to be concise.
Question One
Do I register for more than one network? Do I use both CJ and Shareasale?
Do I also join affiliate programs directly through retailer?

Join as many as big affiliate networks as you can.
It's easy to work with them as you can join a program from 2 - 3 clicks ... rather then filling out a form on retailers page.

•••
Besides of becoming an affiliate for t-shirts and zazzle you can also try venturing out with information products. Try both and see which works better for you. There are instances that a person is better in promoting intangible than tangible items.

Zidane

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back