Start banning members

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
NamePros and its leadership has gone soft.

Start banning toxic members like @Michael Ehrhardt. It is utterly absurd that he is allowed to troll the forum. I'd be willing to bet he has received more dislikes and reports in the last week than any other member has in the history of the forum. It's pathetic that he's allowed to represent such a great community. The thing that disgusts me the most is he's being defended by NPs leadership.

If you want to spit in our faces, do it yourself.

Now I know the response is going to be that he's been warned. Whatever. With that many reports he should be banned.

Solved: https://www.namepros.com/posts/5553087/

Thread closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Simply hit the ignore option and the problem is no longer an issue, I have a couple on my ignore list

•••
LOL I dislike bad beer .........but it still exists

•••
Simply hit the ignore option and the problem is no longer an issue, I have a couple on my ignore list
The problem is, that doesn't solve the problem.

You can ignore a toxic member, but the toxic member still persists on this platform and still represents you to all outsiders. Is that the image you want to present? I surely don't.

•••
The problem is, that doesn't solve the problem.

You can ignore a toxic member, but the toxic member still persists on this platform and still represents you to all outsiders. Is that the image you want to present? I surely don't.
By that stage I am have formed my opinion and ignored them, the world is not perfect. Dislikes can be motivated by many factors. A hate campaign can work both ways, i got better things to do than have a bitch fight with folk

•••
By that stage I am have formed my opinion and ignored them, the world is not perfect. Dislikes can be motivated by many factors. A hate campaign can work both ways, i got better things to do than have a bitch fight with folk
Yes, you have formed your opinion about that member. I understand that.

However, someone who is new to the community or thinking of joining has not. This person will judge everyone as a group based upon that member you chose to ignore rather than report and get banned. You want their poor reflection of this community be a factor of perhaps not selling a domain? Look at the larger picture here.

•••
NamePros and its leadership has gone soft.

Start banning toxic members like @Michael Ehrhardt. It is utterly absurd that he is allowed to troll the forum. I'd be willing to bet he has received more dislikes and reports in the last week than any other member has in the history of the forum. It's pathetic that he's allowed to represent such a great community. The thing that disgusts me the most is he's being defended by NPs leadership.

If you want to spit in our faces, do it yourself.

Now I know the response is going to be that he's been warned. Whatever. With that many reports he should be banned.
Agree with you Shane, however I thought you were leaving the forum?

•••
Dont,t forget to Tweet and Recommend :xf.rolleyes:

•••
I would vote to ban him permanently.

You can't fix a mental problems. It's just make the forum looks bad.

•••
To get like,s means nothing
because some get likes for insulting others !

so what does a like mean ?
wich value has a like ?

•••
I would vote to ban him permanently.

You can't fix a mental problems. It's just make the forum looks bad.

so you are the measure of all things ?
or you are a doctor ?

•••
There is no perfect system. Can we be honest for a minute, no passive - aggressive nonsense. There are members here who absolutely despise one another, and some may make it their life's work to dislike every comment. To be fair someone may dislike everything that comes out of someone's mouth. So modding that becomes ominous. Can Eric tell someone they don't really dislike an opinion and are just using it as a tool to besmirch ? Things get tricky. I have always believed people know who contributes and who doesn't. The ignore button is a greater friend than the + - or like, dislike buttons. But like David pointed out everyone won't ignore a toxic member and the outside world does not have that option.

•••
Agree with you Shane, however I thought you were leaving the forum?
Keep in mind Shane never post a specific date when he is going to leave. He might post another thread for that one.

•••
Keep in mind Shane never post a specific date when he is going to leave. He might post another thread for that one.

LOL!!!!!!!!

He'll probably post an invitation post to the post that leads to his final goodbye post.

•••
LOL!!!!!!!!

He'll probably post an invitation post to the post that leads to his final goodbye post.
You mean final goodbye? For final goodbye, that's another post.

•••
Hon, I might be stupid, but not that stupid :)

•••
•••
In the old days, not on this forum. I was a mod and an admin in many forums.
So much easier those days to ban!
No warnings, no playing around, just ban if one thread is crap.
That is why I will never mod or admin anymore.
Too many crybabies today.

•••

and you decide what is crap ?
how many of your like,s are crap ?
half ?
Or your username : iowadawg

Is this a crap name ?

Why people don't use their real name ?

I do

Last edited:
•••
There is no perfect system. Can we be honest for a minute, no passive - aggressive nonsense. There are members here who absolutely despise one another, and some may make it their life's work to dislike every comment. To be fair someone may dislike everything that comes out of someone's mouth. So modding that becomes ominous. Can Eric tell someone they don't really dislike an opinion and are just using it as a tool to besmirch ? Things get tricky. I have always believed people know who contributes and who doesn't. The ignore button is a greater friend than the + - or like, dislike buttons. But like David pointed out everyone won't ignore a toxic member and the outside world does not have that option.
The problem with ignoring people is it gets confusing in the continuity of the conversation. It's like you hear someone talking on the phone and you wonder what the missing pieces of the conversation are so it makes sense. I often unignore someone then ignore them again so that kind of gets old.

•••
I think NamePro wants to hire you here. :)

•••
@iowadawg, if NP offers your $6 figure salary, would you take it. :)

•••
To get like,s means nothing
because some get likes for insulting others !

so what does a like mean ?
wich value has a like ?

so you are the measure of all things ?
or you are a doctor ?
Every time someone posts, they see a "edit" button...thinking (just my opinion) that if you used that button...you wouldn't be accused of "padding your post count"....just a suggestion

Looks like this "briguy, A moment ago Edit Report"

•••
•••
•••
What do these threads have to do with domains or names in general? Why are they even on NP?
It's perfectly fine to have an off-domain discussion in the break room; after all, it is a place to relax as previously mentioned.

Spreading hate and animosity should not be allowed. There are ways that I could rephrase each of those threads to be acceptable for discussion, but, as English may be his second language it could be hard to articulate that. Though, that should be no excuse and anyone doing so should still face repercussions, especially after repeated attempts.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back