Dynadot

discuss Spreadsheet vs Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
So for years I have forwarded all my domains to my lander and added google analytics for traffic evaluation.

I've tried a number of services like but I keep coming back to my spreadsheet.

My spreadsheet has been a 10 year project and it is magnificent.

I track everything...

traffic
clicks
costs
date registered
date changed
renewal date
offers
registrars
total domains at each registrar
sold dates
comments

It's incredible how complex a spreadsheet gets when used for a decade.

All in all I don't think ANY service can ever do what a spreadsheet does and with all the different sorting options I can have information in seconds, sorted any way I choose.

Who else thinks a spreadsheet is your best friend?

Best of all, with google sheets I keep my spreadsheet online and accessible wherever I am.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree but doesn't Google Sheets auto save every time you make a change? Do you make constant backups to protect your data in case you accidentally mess up?

•••
That's the whole beauty of Google sheets and why I switched from excel.

Google saves every time you make a change and you can easily retrieve the older version before the change. Just go back to the version history of the one you want and voila.... there it is.

•••
I use Google sheets exclusively too! It's far better in terms of management for the same reasons you mentioned. I don't think my sheet is as complex as your's though

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back