IT.COM

[Sponsor] - Free Tool - Dominate GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Find the best domains at the GoDaddy Auctions

Metrics Currently Shown
  • Page Rank
  • Majestic SEO Trust Flow, Citation Flow, Referring Subnets, IPs, Edu/Gov domains
  • Majestic Topical Categories
  • Moz Domain Authority, Page Authority, Moz Rank
  • Alexa Global and Local Ranks, Max Alexa Reach
  • SEMrush Rank, Traffic and Cost details
  • SimilarWeb Rank
  • Social Sharing Stats (FB, Twitter etc)
  • Age, Google Index, Archive Crawls
Metrics Coming Soon
  • Estibot valuation
  • DNS traffic estimate from DomainScope by Verisign
  • Anchor Text Cloud from Majestic
  • Domain Keyword Data (Volume, CPC, Competition)
  • Auto Spam-Check based on spammy content and anchor text
You can also set your own filters so that only domains of your interest are highlighted to you, saving you hours of time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I use FireFox :(

Unfortunately due to the difference in time taken for reviews, I tend to update the chrome extension much more frequently than the Firefox one - for e.g. the current Firefox version does not have the scroller that lets you go automatically from one highlighted domain to another.

•••
•••
Is it at all possible to include some of the Google stats in the popup for your next release? I particularly would like to see "exact searches" and CPC. Thank you.

•••
Also the correct age from the whois rather than some calculated age from archive.org would be appreciated.

•••
Is it at all possible to include some of the Google stats in the popup for your next release? I particularly would like to see "exact searches" and CPC. Thank you.

Also the correct age from the whois rather than some calculated age from archive.org would be appreciated.

Yup. Going to have the Google stats as well as the age from WhoIs in the next version.

There will be three ages in the next version, (i) Domain Age (WhoIs) (ii) Domain Age (wayback) (iii) Website Age (wayback). The website age will be the number of years the current website has been on the domain.

•••
With all the upcoming features it would be fantastic. Thanks

•••
Its a very useful tool, thanks for making something like this.

•••
Find the best domains at the GoDaddy Auctions​

Brilliant!

You should get rid of PageRank, though. It hasn't been updated in over a year, so it holds zero value now; it only serves to mislead inexperienced users and result in bad purchases.

•••
Brilliant!

You should get rid of PageRank, though. It hasn't been updated in over a year, so it holds zero value now; it only serves to mislead inexperienced users and result in bad purchases.

Agreed. Page Rank is useless. However, until another metric becomes the gold standard for back link evaluation, users will still want to see Page Rank. (I am personally rooting for a combination of Majestic Trust Flow and the ratio of TF/CF). I therefore think it makes sense to show all the metrics to the users and let the users decide for themselves which metric they prefer.

•••
I think you should drop the Page Rank also and explain to everyone why TF/CF ratio is better. Which shouldn't be hard to do, since PR is now obsolete.

•••
Thanks. I'll test using that tool once the fixes are done.

I am hoping to have the next version of the chrome add-on released on the 22nd of this month and the firefox version maybe a week or two after that.

Update: I've run into some issues getting the whois data for the domains and this has thrown off my schedule. I won't be able to release the chrome update on the 22nd as I hoped. I'll post to this thread when I do release the update.

•••
Great. Thanks. And don't forget us FireFox users :)

•••
Finally released a new version of the chrome extension. Sorry about the delay. I quite underestimated the effort required.

Features/Changes:
  • Estibot Value
  • WhoIs data (Age, Creation, Expiration & Modification Dates)
  • SimilarWeb Country Rank
  • Majestic Anchor Texts
  • Total Pages Indexed & Total Backlinks by Google
  • UI changes/fixes (domain cleaning etc)
Note that not all domains will currently show data for Estibot and Majestic Anchor Texts due to limitations in the API budget. However, I am hoping over time to increase the budget and get data for all domains in the system.

If you have already installed the extension, it should get updated automatically to the latest version. If you want to manually update it to the latest version, you can follow the steps below
  1. In Chrome, click the menu icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-right. Then click Settings.
  2. Now click Extensions on the left sidebar.
  3. At the top of the extensions page, ensure that the Developer mode is checked.
  4. Click the “Update extensions now” button that showsn up when Developer mode is enabled.
If you have not installed it yet, I highly recommend you take it for a spin

I am also hoping to release a Firefox version in a week with all the features currently in the Chrome version. I will post in this thread when that is done.

Three planned metrics - Adwords volume and CPC data, Auto Spam-check and DNS traffic estimates have been pushed out to the next version. Once the Firefox version is done, I will be looking at adding them.

If you guys have any issues with this extension, do let me know here (or send me a PM).

Last edited:
•••
Looking forward to the new FireFox version :)

•••
The Firefox version has also been updated. To manually update the addon in your browser follow the steps below.
  1. Menu -> Add-ons -> Extensions
  2. Click the Settings button at the top to reveal a drop down menu. Click "Check for Updates". You should get the message "An update is available" next to the add-on
  3. Click "Update Now"
If you have not installed the add-on, you can install it from here

Apart from the features mentioned in the post above, two additional features were introduced in this Firefox version (that have been in the chrome version for a while)
  • Scroller - If you setup "Highlighting options", a scroller shows up on the right side with an up and a down arrow. This lets you scroll from one highlighted domain to another. This is very useful if you want to quickly see all domains on the page that have say Trust Flow > 20
  • Google Index Icon - Right after the domain name a "G" icon will indicate that the domain was indexed by Google. If this icon is absent it indicates that the domain was not indexed. (The total number of indexed pages is also shown in the popup)

Last edited:
•••
OK. I just installed the new FireFox version. I will try it out later today.

•••
OK. I just installed the new FireFox version. I will try it out later today.

Great. Do let me know how it goes.

•••
OK. My first thoughts.

You seem to be adding an extra year to the domains whois age. A domain registered in 2005, is 10 years old, not 11. I only just checked the whois age, but presume you have used the same logic elsewhere. Not a biggie.

Also, for expiring domains you cannot rely on GoDaddy's expiry date because for .com/.net at least, the registry charges the registrar for a renewal upon expiry, which gets refunded on day45 if the owner doesn't pay for a renewal. IMHO, you should always take the registry expiry date, which doesn't add the 1 year to the expiry date, unless the owner (or the auction winner) actually pays for the renewal.

Last edited:
•••
OK. My first thoughts.

You seem to be adding an extra year to the domains whois age. A domain registered in 2005, is 10 years old, not 11. I only just checked the whois age, but presume you have used the same logic elsewhere. Not a biggie.

Thanks for catching this. I've fixed it - the WhoIs Age shows up correctly now.

Also, for expiring domains you cannot rely on GoDaddy's expiry date because for .com/.net at least, the registry charges the registrar for a renewal upon expiry, which gets refunded on day45 if the owner doesn't pay for a renewal. IMHO, you should always take the registry expiry date, which doesn't add the 1 year to the expiry date, unless the owner (or the auction winner) actually pays for the renewal.

You are correct. Ideally the WhoIs servers should not be showing that additional year, since it can be changed back after 45 days. My reason for showing the same date is to have consistency with other websites that show the date. For example, a user who sees the real date (without the extra year) through the add-on would compare it with what is shown on popular sites that display WhoIs data and conclude that the add-on shows the incorrect data.

•••
Excuse me. But the ignorance of other users should not be your concern. Also complying with all the other websites which show the incorrect information, is stupid, in the extreme, IMHO. You should be complying with what the actual expiry date is, which is only reflected in the Registry Whois expiry data. All other data is incorrect. Of course, if you want to show deliberately false information for the reasons you have stated, you are welcome to do so. But I thought you were trying to produce a quality piece of software. Sorry if that sounds too harsh.

•••
Excuse me. But the ignorance of other users should not be your concern. Also complying with all the other websites which show the incorrect information, is stupid, in the extreme, IMHO. You should be complying with what the actual expiry date is, which is only reflected in the Registry Whois expiry data. All other data is incorrect. Of course, if you want to show deliberately false information for the reasons you have stated, you are welcome to do so. But I thought you were trying to produce a quality piece of software. Sorry if that sounds too harsh.

No. Not harsh at all. I love honest feedback and quality shall never be compromised.

I believe the WhoIs registry shows the additional year too. I checked this by running a whois command for multiple domains in the "Expiring Now" section at Godaddy auction. When I said "other websites" I meant websites like whois.net and whois.domaintools.com - who I presume get their data as well from the whois service. Since this is the official expiration date as per the WhoIs service, even though it can be changed after 45 days, my concern was to show something that was not what official records show.

Let me know if I am mistaken about this.

•••
You have your thinking completely wrong trusting either third party or registrar whois records. They are all wrong on this. The ONLY true (and correct) expiry date is the date show at the tld registry, such as shown by whois lookups to whois.crsnic.net for .com/.net domains.

•••
Update on the expiry date -

Figured out that the registry whois service at who.crsnic.net shows the expiry date with the additional year, while the registrar whois service at whois.godaddy.com shows the expiry date without the year.

I've made change so that the "Expiration Date" in the add-on shows the date shown by the registrar whois service i.e. without the additional year.

If you guys have any other feedback on the add-on, I'd love to hear your thoughts. (keeps me motivated to keep adding features)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back