domains PDFzone.com closes at $75,000 at GoDaddy auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
PDFzone.com closed at $75,000 on GoDaddy auctions. A former website with Domain Authority 45 Page Authority 37 Moz Rank 3.7. Majestic stats Trust flow of 23 and Citation flow of 24. Educational Ref. Backlinks 89 Governmental Ref. Backlinks 2 Educational Ref. Domains 31 Governmental Ref. Domains 1 The website was once owned by Ziff Davis […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing. Awesome sale

•••
•••
I can't believe Quinstreet would let it pdfzone expire.
But it would sell for 75K is even more confusing

Last edited:
•••
I can't believe Quinstreet would let it pdfzone expire.
Wrong reason for outrage.
i cant believe it sold for 75k!
Isnt “PDF” trademarked? Jesus

•••
Wrong reason for outrage.
i cant believe it sold for 75k!
haha I was editing when you quoted I guess.
Yeah I pressed post too soon.

Last edited:
•••
I don;t know about the trademark. It is a file format, so i am not sure.

•••

No, the company that developed PDFs intentionally did not trademark, or patent the, 'PDF'. That's why its the top / universal business doc format.

Yes, I own several PDF domains.

•••
Its huge , Thanks for sharing.

•••
wow I just got SignDocs.com, feeling better about this one

•••
Wooww Awesome sale
Thanks for sharing.

•••
You have to take “closing prices” with a grain of salt. Many sold domains at godaddy auctions sell to the second or third highest bidders.

•••
You have to take “closing prices” with a grain of salt. Many sold domains at godaddy auctions sell to the second or third highest bidders.

Agreed Keith and that's why if you sell something I write it sold, when it closes at an expiry auction, I always say closed at.

And now in another hot thread here Joe Styler said they don't always go to second or third bidder which I just replied to.

Because on Twitter there was a big discussion a few weeks ago and Paul Nicks tweeted:

9FqgmeKS_normal.jpg

Aug 21
We go down the list of bidders, if all back out then we let it drop just like a name that no one bids on.

This came up because Fanbase.com closed at $151,000 and people wanted to know what happens if high bidder does not pay?

•••
Because on Twitter there was a big discussion a few weeks ago and Paul Nicks tweeted:

9FqgmeKS_normal.jpg

Aug 21
We go down the list of bidders, if all back out then we let it drop just like a name that no one bids on.
His response is in line with what I said. Sales do indeed go down the list to second and third. What NameBio reports as a $100k sale could very well be $5k. There is no concrete evidence when reporting sales at godaddy.

Last edited:
•••
But if I am bidding against only one and he started against me at 5 k and drive all the way upto 100K and don't pay, do I still pay 99.5K or 5k as the second highest bidder

•••
But if I am bidding against only one and he started against me at 5 k and drive all the way upto 100K and don't pay, do I still pay 99.5K or 5k as the second highest bidder

$5k

•••
His response is in line with what I said. Sales do indeed go down the list to second and third. What NameBio reports as a $100k sale could very well be $5k. There is no concrete evidence when reporting sales at godaddy.

Right that's what I said they should always be quoted as closed at, after a certain amount of time you will know if it closed.

•••
•••
PDF is the standard in today's printing industry. It can be an end user, like Adobe, Heidelberg, Esko, Afga, etc ... or someone who liked the SEO value:

Domain score: 62 (Great)
Backlinks: 4,225
Reffering domains: 926
.gov & .edu: 52

Last edited:
•••
PDF is the standard in today's printing industry. It can be an end user, like Adobe, Heidelberg, Esko, Afga, etc ... or someone who liked the SEO value:

Domain score: 62 (Great)
Backlinks: 4,225
Reffering domains: 926
.gov & .edu: 52
But is it worth 75 k?
You will get far better RD and Link quality for 3-4 K

•••
@blogspotter Hard to tell until we see who the buyer is.

But for this price, I think it's an end-user.

•••
Look at the discussion above. Most of the unnaturally high prices end up not getting paid

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back