Dynadot

[Sponsor] - Free Tool - Dominate GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Find the best domains at the GoDaddy Auctions

Metrics Currently Shown
  • Page Rank
  • Majestic SEO Trust Flow, Citation Flow, Referring Subnets, IPs, Edu/Gov domains
  • Majestic Topical Categories
  • Moz Domain Authority, Page Authority, Moz Rank
  • Alexa Global and Local Ranks, Max Alexa Reach
  • SEMrush Rank, Traffic and Cost details
  • SimilarWeb Rank
  • Social Sharing Stats (FB, Twitter etc)
  • Age, Google Index, Archive Crawls
Metrics Coming Soon
  • Estibot valuation
  • DNS traffic estimate from DomainScope by Verisign
  • Anchor Text Cloud from Majestic
  • Domain Keyword Data (Volume, CPC, Competition)
  • Auto Spam-Check based on spammy content and anchor text
You can also set your own filters so that only domains of your interest are highlighted to you, saving you hours of time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yep. I had it backwards on that one. Had a brain fart. But we figured it out :)

•••
I was on the road yesterday with my laptop which didn't have this add-on installed. I was at a loss as to what I should buy. So I didn't buy anything :(

•••
I was on the road yesterday with my laptop which didn't have this add-on installed. I was at a loss as to what I should buy. So I didn't buy anything :(

Haha. That is by far the best compliment the add-on has ever got.

•••
I becoming to get so used to using this tool, it would be nice to use it elsewhere, rather than just at GoDaddy Auctions. Would it be possible, on the pop-up to have a place where we could enter a domain name and get these same results?

Last edited:
•••
I becoming to get so used to using this tool, it would be nice to use it elsewhere, rather than just at GoDaddy Auctions.

I am considering building this for SnapNames, NameJet and DynaDot. If there are any other auctions sites (for e.g. flippa) that you think this would be useful for, let me know.

Would it be possible, on the pop-up to have a place where we could enter a domain name and get these same results?
This is possible but would only work for domains that are either in auctions or are going to expire soon. I could also just send user to the link http://domcop.com/domainLink/[yourdomain.com] and it would show the stats.

I definitely don't like the enlarged pop-up box and text.
The popup box had to be enlarged because of the additional stats the extension now shows (and will likely grow larger in the future). Additionally, the individual widgets in the popup are no longer hidden if there are no stats, and so need more space.
Can you let me know which "text" you are referring to?

•••
That is great if you add them for these market places. You should also consider it for DropCatch (the biggest drop catcher). Or are you going to limit it for Pre-Release domains, like at GoDaddy. But that wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to your second answer above. Does the url require the [ ] brackets, or just the complete domain name?. That would do for me. Thanks.

I was complaining about the box because it was huge with giant characters. But after a while it reverted back to normal size, which is why I removed that comment. It must have been a glitch somewhere. Everything else on the page was normal size until I clicked the X. Then I saw a huge, huge box with huge lettering. It's back to normal now. I understand the box size has to increase the more info you put in it :) I'd still like to see the global [search] figure as well as the CPC, somewhere.

•••
That is great if you add them for these market places. You should also consider it for DropCatch (the biggest drop catcher). Or are you going to limit it for Pre-Release domains, like at GoDaddy.

Not going to limit for Pre-Release. Can do this for any site that has expiring or expired domains.

But that wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to your second answer above. Does the url require the [ ] brackets, or just the complete domain name?. That would do for me. Thanks.
No. The Url does not require the brackets - just the domain name

I was complaining about the box because it was huge with giant characters. But after a while it reverted back to normal size, which is why I removed that comment. It must have been a glitch somewhere. Everything else on the page was normal size until I clicked the X. Then I saw a huge, huge box with huge lettering. It's back to normal now. I understand the box size has to increase the more info you put in it :) I'd still like to see the global [search] figure as well as the CPC, somewhere.

That's strange. I am not seeing any giant characters. I presume you are using Firefox. Can you tell me which version of Firefox you are using so that I can try and replicate it. (If it is intermittent it could be a local cache issue)

The global search and cpc are coming soon :)

•••
I'm using FireFox 35. FireFox for openSUSE 13.2. It's obviously intermittent because it went away as fast as it arrived, after about 20 minutes. I don't see how the local cache could do this just for your pop-up, and not for the complete page. But then I'm not an expert in caches. I do know to clear the cache if things like this happened. But don't recall now if that fixed the problem. I think it didn't, but eventually went away on it's own.

•••
I'm using FireFox 35. FireFox for openSUSE 13.2. It's obviously intermittent because it went away as fast as it arrived, after about 20 minutes. I don't see how the local cache could do this just for your pop-up, and not for the complete page. But then I'm not an expert in caches. I do know to clear the cache if things like this happened. But don't recall now if that fixed the problem. I think it didn't, but eventually went away on it's own.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try setting up openSuse in a VM and see if I can replicate it. Will let you know when I figure it out.

•••
The chrome extension now supports NameJet, SnapNames, DynaDot and Sedo. If you guys want this implemented on any other website like Flippa, please do let me know and I'll try to get that done.

The Firefox version should be out in a week or so. I'll update here when its updated.

You do not need to do anything to get the extension working on the websites above. When the extension auto-updates the metrics will start showing up automatically. If you want to disable the extension on any specific website, you can do so from the options page.

P.S. Changed the name of the chrome extension from "Better Godaddy Auctions" to "Domain Auction Metrics by DomCop" since we now support more websites.

•••
•••
•••
@axemantech - I upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2 but I'm still seeing a lot of X'd out data from Backlinks and down. What's going on with that?

Do you have a standalone version, not tied to any auction? This would also make a grand standalone tool as well as an auction tool. Just type in the domain and get the data. Pretty Please :)

•••
@stub - We have gone the Freemium route with the browser addons. You get to see some data for free while you need to pay for seeing all the metrics. You can see more details on account creation here.

The standalone version sounds interesting. I think Netpeak does this for free, although it uses the client resources to do it and therefore you risk the chance of getting your IP banned by Google.

•••
So is any stand-alone version in the works which doesn't use the client's resources. Personally, I think its needed. There are many times I need this data in a non-auction environment, and it's a pain going to each individual service. Oftentimes you lose track of where you are. With your tool, it's very convenient to have everything in one place.

•••
So is any stand-alone version in the works which doesn't use the client's resources. Personally, I think its needed. There are many times I need this data in a non-auction environment, and it's a pain going to each individual service. Oftentimes you lose track of where you are. With your tool, it's very convenient to have everything in one place.

I'll think about this and get back to you in a while

•••
  1. The basic plan gives metrics on GD, SnapNames, NameJet, Sedo and DynaDot. Flippa was mentioned in the thread as a maybe, though not sure if that's implemented. What's the catchall 'miscel' category?
  2. Was the sniping engine ever implemented?
  3. Any traction on adding the public auctions at DropCatch? They are the premiere drop catcher at this point, and their public auctions obviously have some gems that are open to the public to bid on.
I'm currently a RegCompass user and have never really been satisfied with their interface. It seems like your basic plan is pretty similar, except that you also have Sedo & Dynadot (and 'misc') with Estibot data, but they have expired domains available at the same price point as your basic plan. Your chrome extension looks really cool though.

•••
1. All plans give metrics on domains from GoDaddy, NameJet, SnapNames, Sedo, DynaDot, Flippa, NameSilo, NamePal, Hunting Moon, Domain Market, Park.io & Bido (you can see the entire list from Advanced search screen). The miscellaneous option contains domains that we have from our private drop lists for some extensions.

2. No. We did not implement sniping.

3. Will check it out and if possible add it to our list.

•••
Find the best domains at the GoDaddy Auctions

Metrics Currently Shown
  • Page Rank
  • Majestic SEO Trust Flow, Citation Flow, Referring Subnets, IPs, Edu/Gov domains
  • Majestic Topical Categories
  • Moz Domain Authority, Page Authority, Moz Rank
  • Alexa Global and Local Ranks, Max Alexa Reach
  • SEMrush Rank, Traffic and Cost details
  • SimilarWeb Rank
  • Social Sharing Stats (FB, Twitter etc)
  • Age, Google Index, Archive Crawls
Metrics Coming Soon
  • Estibot valuation
  • DNS traffic estimate from DomainScope by Verisign
  • Anchor Text Cloud from Majestic
  • Domain Keyword Data (Volume, CPC, Competition)
  • Auto Spam-Check based on spammy content and anchor text
You can also set your own filters so that only domains of your interest are highlighted to you, saving you hours of time.

Thanks for your service!! really Appreciate your work guys.

I've been using your tool for a long time (more than a year), but now, it's not working anymore, it doesn't show to me any stats (DA, PA, TF, CF), I reinstalled the addon on chrome and Firefox, but still not working!

What Do I do now to fix this?
Any thoughts?

TNX

•••
Thanks for your service!! really Appreciate your work guys.

I've been using your tool for a long time (more than a year), but now, it's not working anymore, it doesn't show to me any stats (DA, PA, TF, CF), I reinstalled the addon on chrome and Firefox, but still not working!

What Do I do now to fix this?
Any thoughts?

TNX

Send an email to support. They are very helpful in getting it fixed.

•••
Send an email to support. They are very helpful in getting it fixed.

Much appreciated for help!
I will try to contact him! it's wired. The extension stopped working two days now!

What about others?

•••
It's probably the same for many. But I haven't been to their auctions in a while. been too busy.

•••
The addon still not working! I don't know what's going on!
I'm waiting for their response! maybe they could help.

•••
Hi guys,

I bring bad news :(

We have been dealing with scrapers who have been abusing the API that powers the metrics in the Browser Add-on for about a year now.

A few months ago we reduced the metrics that we show on the add-on in a bid to stop them - but to no avail.

The abuse has gotten stronger over the last few months and we have been left with no choice but to simply shut down the API and with it the browser add-on.

It was awesome to build the add-on based on your feedback and to have it provide so much value. But we cannot keep up with the scrapers. So we have shut down the API.

The Chrome extension and Firefox add-ons will be unlisted from their respective sites over the next week.

We are very sorry to let you down.

The Disappointed DomCop Team

•••
Hi guys,

I bring bad news :(

We have been dealing with scrapers who have been abusing the API that powers the metrics in the Browser Add-on for about a year now.

A few months ago we reduced the metrics that we show on the add-on in a bid to stop them - but to no avail.

The abuse has gotten stronger over the last few months and we have been left with no choice but to simply shut down the API and with it the browser add-on.

It was awesome to build the add-on based on your feedback and to have it provide so much value. But we cannot keep up with the scrapers. So we have shut down the API.

The Chrome extension and Firefox add-ons will be unlisted from their respective sites over the next week.

We are very sorry to let you down.

The Disappointed DomCop Team

OMG :(
I have been using this for almost two years now! and it saved me a lot of time! now I have to shut down the business I'm working on because of that!

Can you please do some restriction for the API access!
Like offering this for few legit members! It's very sad that some scrapers abusing the API access! VERY SAD!

Any solutions than removing the addon?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back