IT.COM

advice Spent more than $500 on hand-regs, need some direction please.

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi, I'm a designer / web developer new to the domain buying scene. I like the fact that when I buy a cool domain name, there's potential I can develop a website on it myself.

But recently I spent a lot of money on domaining... so I would appreciate if you have some advice or direction for me; or maybe I should just quit domaining because of how bad the regs are?

Also what should I do with keyword domains as Brandbucket doesn't seem to like these.

4xAA.com (keyword)
AceGT.com (brandable)
AgenciesList.com (keyword, will develop this)
AiBoots.com (keyword - nonexistant yet)
Aihance.com (brandable, I like this a lot because of Behance (big site) )
Aitasy.com (brandable)
Brandacular.com (brandable)
BuyHealing.com (keyword)
ClubState.com (brandable)
ColorBackground.com (keyword)
ColorsMeaning.com (keyword)
DanceJumps.com (keyword)
Digery.com (brandable)
Digitalry.com (brandable)
DopamineFunction.com (keyword)
Droneri.com (brandable)
Dronier.com (brandable)
Expertoid.com (brandable)
FeetInches.com (keyword)
FreeAds.io (keyword, will develop this)
Fundega.com (brandable)
GirlOffers.com (keyword)
GuruSonic.com (brandable)
HipsterWallpaper.com (keyword)
HoloShack.com (brandable)
InvestBliss.com (brandable)
KittyStudios.com (brandable)
KpopArtists.com (keyword, developed website)
Limo.kr (keyword)
NorseGoddess.com (keyword + brandable)
MusicPuns.com (keyword)
MusicToSleep.com (keyword, developed website)
Profithance.com (brandable)
ProfitSonic.com (brandable)
RealtorSalary.com (keyword, illegal copyright?)
RoyalOpen.com (brandable, Listed on BrandBucket! http://brandbucket.com/royalopen )
SexWithBoss.com (keyword)
SkillJolt.com (brandable)
SnapXr.com (brandable)
Staresque.com (brandable)
ThePerfectArt.com (brandable)
Upezy.com (brandable)
VeganAlfredo.com (keyword)
VeganFlan.com (keyword)
VeganMeatballs.com (keyword)
VeganSwan.com (brandable)
VegetarianCurry.com (keyword)
YouCosplay.com (brandable)
YouCrystal.com (brandable)
Zenasy.com (brandable)
ZenJolt.com (brandable)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks!

For the Subdomains , I guess it would be more like Coding.AgenciesList.com or Design.AgenciesList.com, and that would work for google ranking?
How does Fundega sound like crowdfunding? that's interesting, thought it meant just to do with money.
Much appreciate your thoughts on InvestBliss, thought I was going crazy thinking that I like the name and no one else here.

Yes those are better agencies ideas, or model or talent etc. Possibilities limitless. I just had listed first two that came to mind to me.

Not sure why but Fundega was reminiscent if IndieGoGo to me which is one of best known crowd funding.

Nice looking at Invest start on NameBio too and not surprised it is strong. InvestBliss to me passes many of the quality tests of nice combination of two memorable words that together make sense and feel positive and modern with strong record of high value sales in both parts, and a large potential audience of prospective buyers with significant resources. Best of luck with it and hope we later hear from you that it has sold at good price!

•••
The time to ask was before you dumped $500.

1) List these names for sale at afternic, godaddy.com and sedo.

2) Udpate the dns so the point to a landing page at godaddy or sedo.

3) Turn auto-renew off.

From you list, these are the only ones I like.

Brandacular.com
Digery.com
Droneri.com

FYI, BrandBucket.com requires an exclusive listing so you can't offer your domain for sale anywhere else.
Hi, I'm a designer / web developer new to the domain buying scene. I like the fact that when I buy a cool domain name, there's potential I can develop a website on it myself.

But recently I spent a lot of money on domaining... so I would appreciate if you have some advice or direction for me; or maybe I should just quit domaining because of how bad the regs are?

Also what should I do with keyword domains as Brandbucket doesn't seem to like these.

4xAA.com (keyword)
AceGT.com (brandable)
AgenciesList.com (keyword, will develop this)
AiBoots.com (keyword - nonexistant yet)
Aihance.com (brandable, I like this a lot because of Behance (big site) )
Aitasy.com (brandable)
Brandacular.com (brandable)
BuyHealing.com (keyword)
ClubState.com (brandable)
ColorBackground.com (keyword)
ColorsMeaning.com (keyword)
DanceJumps.com (keyword)
Digery.com (brandable)
Digitalry.com (brandable)
DopamineFunction.com (keyword)
Droneri.com (brandable)
Dronier.com (brandable)
Expertoid.com (brandable)
FeetInches.com (keyword)
FreeAds.io (keyword, will develop this)
Fundega.com (brandable)
GirlOffers.com (keyword)
GuruSonic.com (brandable)
HipsterWallpaper.com (keyword)
HoloShack.com (brandable)
InvestBliss.com (brandable)
KittyStudios.com (brandable)
KpopArtists.com (keyword, developed website)
Limo.kr (keyword)
NorseGoddess.com (keyword + brandable)
MusicPuns.com (keyword)
MusicToSleep.com (keyword, developed website)
Profithance.com (brandable)
ProfitSonic.com (brandable)
RealtorSalary.com (keyword, illegal copyright?)
RoyalOpen.com (brandable, Listed on BrandBucket! http://brandbucket.com/royalopen )
SexWithBoss.com (keyword)
SkillJolt.com (brandable)
SnapXr.com (brandable)
Staresque.com (brandable)
ThePerfectArt.com (brandable)
Upezy.com (brandable)
VeganAlfredo.com (keyword)
VeganFlan.com (keyword)
VeganMeatballs.com (keyword)
VeganSwan.com (brandable)
VegetarianCurry.com (keyword)
YouCosplay.com (brandable)
YouCrystal.com (brandable)
Zenasy.com (brandable)
ZenJolt.com (brandable)

Last edited:
•••
UPDATES:

• I found a really cool name on Wordoid when I tried playing with "Credit". I sent Namerific the domain name Creducated.com for validation, and within 1 hour they approved it! Bought the domain after so I guess it works there as well.
  • Upezy.com is also approved at Namerific.
  • Found FundHorse.com on Wordoid and instant bought it. OMG I feel this one's so versatile: 1. Racing industry 2. Finance industry with a horse mascot. 3. Banking industry with horse representing speed to get your funds.

PS my standard and strong advice to all newcomers to domaining: Take the DNAcademy course!!! It will save you thousands of dollars in wasted time and money.

https://www.DNAcademy/

Looks promising, thanks for letting me know!

Automated appraisals are worthless. Names don't sell just because of search volume, the TLD matters, the name has to make sense etc.
And for some names, you say you don't know what you would do with them. If you don't even know, who is supposed to know ?

If you were able to handreg all these names, it means nobody would touch them for regfee, nobody had the same brilliant idea, then the odds you will be able to resell them for more are slim.

Now you have a big pile of junk that will cost a lot to renew (which I advise against).
Instead, you should have bought just a few good names on the aftermarket.
Quality > quantity.

A few are OK, I think Expertoid is cool. But it's very easy to lose money with domain names, after all the majority of domainers are losing money. They normally all make sales from time to time, but the revenue does not offset the acquisition and renewal costs. This is something you have to consider.

And I am sorry to say, domainers are expecting too much from the marketplaces, they can't sell names that nobody wants. BB will not deliver miracles for you. They even charge people for the privilege of listing names with them. So they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The risk is on you.

Obviously, you are never going to develop all these names, nobody has the time to develop and maintain hundreds of developed websites. You need to be more selective and stop trashing your money... right now.

Well the thing is, for example I found VegetarianCurry.com on expired domains and I thought GOD DAMN that's too good not to get, right? But like I'm not a chef so I don't have good recipes for people... but what I can do is make a platform where people can post their vegetarian curry recipes and get votes on them etc. Though I'm really not sure if people would have enough incentive to do that lol. So yeah I'm not 100% sure what to do with the cool domains I got just yet.

Another one is NorseGoddess , it sounds really good for a newage / spiritual / crystals shop as well as being a keyword with search volume in google. But I personally don't own a spiritual shop lol!

I personally love Expertoid as well, as it's very relevant suffix (humanoid); and I probably wont sell it for under $3k.

Thanks for your opinions!

Last edited:
•••
My advice re development (which I should personally listen to :xf.wink:) is though
  • Be realistic how many one can actually develop - it takes more time both to build and keep fresh with decent content than one might think.
  • Prioritize the best option for first development.
  • Only have development plans for niches that you have knowledge, expertise and interest, and ideally some background. If you are not enthusiastic, it won't be good. If you are not expert, it won't gain traffic.
  • Development seems easier to do, and easier to monetize, than it actually is.
All that being said, I am a big fan of development as the long term way to make money with domain names,, and hopefully make the internet a better place along the way!

Last edited:
•••
Yes those are better agencies ideas, or model or talent etc. Possibilities limitless. I just had listed first two that came to mind to me.

Not sure why but Fundega was reminiscent if IndieGoGo to me which is one of best known crowd funding.

Nice looking at Invest start on NameBio too and not surprised it is strong. InvestBliss to me passes many of the quality tests of nice combination of two memorable words that together make sense and feel positive and modern with strong record of high value sales in both parts, and a large potential audience of prospective buyers with significant resources. Best of luck with it and hope we later hear from you that it has sold at good price!

Must be the G in it! Fundigo Fundago Fundego are all taken though, which are more like "gogo".

Thanks again for the kind wishes and what would you say a good price for InvestBliss in that case?

1) List these names for sale at afternic, godaddy.com and sedo.

2) Udpate the dns so the point to a landing page at godaddy or sedo.

3) Turn auto-renew off.

From you list, these are the only ones I like.

Brandacular.com
Digery.com
Droneri.com

FYI, BrandBucket.com requires an exclusive listing so you can't offer your domain for sale anywhere else.

Thanks! I put them on Undeveloped, can I still put it on Afternic so that it works with people searching for domain names at Godaddy ?

Last edited:
•••
My advice re development (which I should personally listen to :xf.wink:) is though
  • Be realistic how many one can actually develop - it takes more time both to build and keep fresh with decent content than one might think.
  • Prioritize the best option for first development.
  • Only have development plans for niches that you have knowledge, expertise and interest, and ideally some background. If you are not enthusiastic, it won't be good. If you are not expert, it won't gain traffic.
  • Development seems easier to do, and easier to monetize, than it actually is.
All that being said, I am a big fan of development as the long term way to make money with domain names,, and hopefully make the internet a better place along the way!

Definitely, it does take a long time but it's a lot shorter than game development which I'm into as well. I can get a site up and running with a few templates easily, but the hard part is to innovate upon it and then all the SEO work which I may have to hire if the site shows promise in generating returns.

•••
Re
Thanks! I put them on Undeveloped, can I still put it on Afternic so that it works with people searching for domain names at Godaddy ?

Undeveloped do not require exclusivity so yes. HOWEVER, be sure that you put it with a BIN price ONLY at ONE place since want no chance of selling twice and get in trouble. Use Make Offer at the other, and if you do get an offer you plan to negotiate, take the price down the other place before negotiating.

Note that my understanding is that BrandBucket requires an exclusive listing just with them, and your DNS point to them, so that any you have or plan to lists at BrandBucket can not be on Afternic or Undeveloped.

•••
Re

Undeveloped do not require exclusivity so yes. HOWEVER, be sure that you put it with a BIN price ONLY at ONE place since want no chance of selling twice and get in trouble. Use Make Offer at the other, and if you do get an offer you plan to negotiate, take the price down the other place before negotiating.

Note that my understanding is that BrandBucket requires an exclusive listing just with them, and your DNS point to them, so that any you have or plan to lists at BrandBucket can not be on Afternic or Undeveloped.

Cool got it, very useful info and didn't know to only have one BIN, in that case I'll also list it on Afternic and see what happens (hopefully get an instant buy option in Godaddy, and if so might have to remove BIN from Undeveloped).

I know about BrandBucket exclusivity, so I guess I can take the domain down on all places once it gets approved there.

Also does the Godaddy and NameSilo Marketplaces do much in terms of giving the domains any traffic / attention? I've listed some of them there but didn't see much happening.

Last edited:
•••

PS. I don't think this is a good time to ask online because there's a very high chance someone would buy it if it's any good :P I'm using Namerific and Brandbucket submission now for doubtful names.

•••
PS. I don't think this is a good time to ask online because there's a very high chance someone would buy it if it's any good :P I'm using Namerific and Brandbucket submission now for doubtful names.
Maybe, but there is nothing inherently valuable in any hand reg. They are all turds, some shinier than others. Best case scenario someone thinks it's a sausage and you get to sell the turd for money.

•••
@cixxy the relationship between domain value and seo is not as important as you think.
milk.org is valuable. Not because of seo.
domains can be expensive because they are memorable and relevant to whatever the user wants to do with it. or if its one word, 2 word-relevant or catchy brandable those can be other factors. you need to learn.

A domain of yours like Kpopartists.com.
At first sight it might sound like a good domain.
But think about what the use is gonna be for this domain. Who's going to pay $ to build a fan site with pictures of K pop artists? you google k pop artists and you get millions of articles on them. Someone willing to build such a site can easily find another alternative and register it for 10$. Something like K Pop Central would have better chances of selling for a news site or wtv.

Vegetariancurry is OK. you have the best name for that area.
but dont go too far with keywords. I disagree with agencieslist
First its too generic. generic keywords. generic idea.
Then making subdomains with lists of different agencies by industry is outdated and useless. unless you bring something to the table. and it would certainly not target all industries.
that being said. you learn from experience. its necessary. and its free to build a site. so OK.
But as per name value, none. Way too many easy alternatives

•••
I think others with much larger portfolios and a history of many more sales can provide more meaningful feedback than I can re marketplace options. I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) that if you are listed on the Afternic network that automatically includes being seen on GoDaddy.

The Afternic premium network is huge in terms of eyeballs, but also in terms of domains handled. Comments seem to vary how likely to be seen. Unfortunately, they normally do not report sale numbers so hard to know statistically. If you end up going to low prices, be alert to their minimum commission that will take out a lot of a sale in very low $$$ or less. Sites like Undeveloped are better options from that perspective, but being newer they get less traffic, probably.

I think, if you get to trying to get some return back on some of your names, and offer them for low prices, that an option like NameSilo Marketplace is also a good venue. I have not tried to sell there yet, but have sold 31 at NameCheap Marketplace. I think big value sales are unlikely at those venues, but if selling in $$ or low $$$ it can work and their commissions without minimum are reasonable.

For high value names, I suspect Sedo gives highest probability of it being seen and getting a good price for the domain name. I think if one does prices by venue in NameBio it supports that statement (although I havve not fully one that, plan to at some time).

In the slight chance of value, I wrote up some thoughts on marketplace options here, but I have not yet personally used Sedo or Flippa so they are not included.

•••
Well the thing is, for example I found VegetarianCurry.com on expired domains and I thought GOD DAMN that's too good not to get, right? But like I'm not a chef so I don't have good recipes for people... but what I can do is make a platform where people can post their vegetarian curry recipes and get votes on them etc. Though I'm really not sure if people would have enough incentive to do that lol. So yeah I'm not 100% sure what to do with the cool domains I got just yet.
Well you've already answered your own questions.
There are tons of recipes sites on the Internet. But curry is too narrow, too niche.

After all any domain can be developed... but few domains have resale value.

•••
Maybe, but there is nothing inherently valuable in any hand reg. They are all turds, some shinier than others. Best case scenario someone thinks it's a sausage and you get to sell the turd for money.

That's a really pessimistic view man. I spent $500(AUD), if I sell one of these, I can make triple the return back. I think that's a chance I would take anyday... Having 3 of these being listed on Brandbucket / namerific gives me hope.

@cixxy the relationship between domain value and seo is not as important as you think.
milk.org is valuable. Not because of seo.
domains can be expensive because they are memorable and relevant to whatever the user wants to do with it. or if its one word, 2 word-relevant or catchy brandable those can be other factors. you need to learn.

A domain of yours like Kpopartists.com.
At first sight it might sound like a good domain.
But think about what the use is gonna be for this domain. Who's going to pay $ to build a fan site with pictures of K pop artists? you google k pop artists and you get millions of articles on them. Someone willing to build such a site can easily find another alternative and register it for 10$. Something like K Pop Central would have better chances of selling for a news site or wtv.

Vegetariancurry is OK. you have the best name for that area.
but dont go too far with keywords. I disagree with agencieslist
First its too generic. generic keywords. generic idea.
Then making subdomains with lists of different agencies by industry is outdated and useless. unless you bring something to the table. and it would certainly not target all industries.
that being said. you learn from experience. its necessary. and its free to build a site. so OK.
But as per name value, none. Way too many easy alternatives

Exactly. I happen to like Kpop so I bought it and made a site on it because I'm sure it's a hard sell otherwise.

Well I want to make something innovative on it for listing agencies especially. Maybe the domain name is too generic for it? I liked it because it has a good amount of search volume for it so I will be able to get organic hits easier but maybe my brandable name like Brandacular.com is better suited for it... honestly not sure right now.

I think others with much larger portfolios and a history of many more sales can provide more meaningful feedback than I can re marketplace options. I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) that if you are listed on the Afternic network that automatically includes being seen on GoDaddy.

The Afternic premium network is huge in terms of eyeballs, but also in terms of domains handled. Comments seem to vary how likely to be seen. Unfortunately, they normally do not report sale numbers so hard to know statistically. If you end up going to low prices, be alert to their minimum commission that will take out a lot of a sale in very low $$$ or less. Sites like Undeveloped are better options from that perspective, but being newer they get less traffic, probably.

I think, if you get to trying to get some return back on some of your names, and offer them for low prices, that an option like NameSilo Marketplace is also a good venue. I have not tried to sell there yet, but have sold 31 at NameCheap Marketplace. I think big value sales are unlikely at those venues, but if selling in $$ or low $$$ it can work and their commissions without minimum are reasonable.

For high value names, I suspect Sedo gives highest probability of it being seen and getting a good price for the domain name. I think if one does prices by venue in NameBio it supports that statement (although I havve not fully one that, plan to at some time).

In the slight chance of value, I wrote up some thoughts on marketplace options here, but I have not yet personally used Sedo or Flippa so they are not included.

Cool, yeah I stumbled across your article before, very helpful stuff. So I can list it in NameCheap Marketplace if my domains are with Godaddy / Namesilo?

There are tons of recipes sites on the Internet. But curry is too narrow, too niche.

I really don't think being niche is the problem here, being niche means you get targeted audience and much less competition so much easier to rank for google. And it would be the best given to a vegetarian curry company, I suppose I might do outbound sales if all else fails.

Last edited:
•••

Because curry is so popular. With billions of adepts.
And vegetarian so important.
VegetarianCurry.com could actually be interesting.
Lot more than kpopartists or agencieslist.

•••

You wasted $500. You could have found a good name at auction for $300, flipped it for $900 to $1400 in a few weeks.

•••
You wasted $500. You could have found a good name at auction for $300, flipped it for $900 to $1400 in a few weeks.

We will see about that my friend, will post an update once a domain name I have here sells. Starting off I don't like to pay premium prices if I can avoid it that's why I prefer doing hand-regs or expired domains.

•••
Majority of your names will never sell. Work smart, not hard.

•••
Majority of your names will never sell. Work smart, not hard.

Well that's besides the point isnt it? A lot of them surely won't sell but the point is if I sell a few that will be at least 5 times my initial spend. I can then use the income to flip domains like you said, but I don't really want to do that unless I play around first with hand-regs otherwise there's even bigger of a risk.

•••
If you had spent the whole $500 on things like
HoloShack.com
KittyStudios.com
ThePerfectArt.com

50 names like these, you might have gotten a portfolio with a probable sale.
Quality names.
AceGT is madness
Digitalry is madness
Aitasy is madness
etc..
no offense

•••
Royalopen.com is nice.
Event planning.
The Royal Open.
Like US Open (tennis).
Except they're making real estate stuff like open houses for castles.

•••
HoloShack. Ecommerce. VR headset/accessory store
KittyStudios. Anything. Graphic design firm.
ThePerfectArt. Anything. Magazine.

50 names like these maybe.
because theres not a lot, you might wait some time.
lots of it

•••
That's a really pessimistic view man. I spent $500(AUD), if I sell one of these, I can make triple the return back. I think that's a chance I would take anyday... Having 3 of these being listed on Brandbucket / namerific gives me hope.
This is what all beginners think: just need to sell one domain and they recoup their investment, and even make a profit. In practice, the majority of domainers are still losing money.
It's not that easy.

•••
If you had spent the whole $500 on things like
HoloShack.com
KittyStudios.com
ThePerfectArt.com

50 names like these, you might have gotten a portfolio with a probable sale.
Quality names.
AceGT is madness
Digitalry is madness
Aitasy is madness
etc..
no offense

Thanks for the opinions!
  • I posted ThePerfectArt to Brandbucket but they declined it, I guess they don't like "The" very much but I think it's actually an advantage to emphasise the word!
  • I also submitted KittyStudios to them but I doubt they will accept it :P I love the name because it's cute for a studios.
  • HoloShack looks promising once we have a hologram revolution but it's yet to come.
  • AceGT I got from expired domains (10 years 3 months old) and I thought it has potential to be a lot of things, why is it madness? A lot of graphic cards are named GT also cars, and you want to be an Ace driver, for your nickname as well. But there's already a business called AceGT (which declined my outbound sale) so I'm not sure if there will be any trademark issues.
  • Digitalry is a spin on Calvary and it's an old domain of 6 years 5 months, there was a digital agency on it before. I don't see why it's so bad?
  • Aitasy is a doubtful name though. AI is a really promising industry likely to take over the internet and Ai Fantasy is a very valuable term so I thought I'd take AiTasy for the future. the Ai makes it a bit hard to pronounce, just sounds like A if you don't say the letters A & I separately which is the main problem, just like Aihance.

Last edited:
•••
Well that's besides the point isnt it? A lot of them surely won't sell but the point is if I sell a few that will be at least 5 times my initial spend. I can then use the income to flip domains like you said, but I don't really want to do that unless I play around first with hand-regs otherwise there's even bigger of a risk.

Based on your first outbound sales attempt and your defensive attitude, I expect you'll spend another $500 before you get a clue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back