IT.COM

sales Sound.Ai Sold For $250,000 USD

NameSilo
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
Sound.ai acquired by Andy Booth as an end user.

1707394440265.jpeg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
superb name, huge congrats!

🎉

•••
•••
I have nothing but respect to the Booth brothers for what they have achieved in domains, but I do ask myself, how many times have they reported how much they have paid for a .com domain as an investment? How many times have gone public that they have bid x amount for a .com domain name like they have done with .ai domains (Health dot ai $500k), as i don't believe they have (certainly not consistantly), why share this information with .ai?

For sure Ai and .Ai is exiting and AI itself is going to change the world (good or bad), but can’t help but feel they need to cheerlead .ai domain names.

End of the day, if you know where a pot of gold is buried, you don't tell everyone else where to dig, so if they are convinced .AI is here to stay and these domains going to be in demand even more so by companies in the future, you keep it quiet and buy as much as you can and cheap as you can, right? Not go public with how much you are paying and how much you are offering for these domains, it makes no business sense, so there is one other reason, you are not 100% sure on the extension (long term), but trying to influence the market and make others invest and therefore making your own investments stronger.

Last edited:
•••
•••
NameCheap shared more end user sales data than Andy. I don't see this as pumping the .ai extension.

•••
Wait, didn't this guy pick up blueprint.ai not too long ago?

•••
•••
Way better than blueprint, ha

•••
Sound and Audio have such a great future in AI arena. many autonomous applications as well as Sampling and crafting. The list is pretty endless

Last edited:
•••
Super domain --- at a good price. This will be worth so much more as the music sector is booming and just in the nascent stage. His brother sold boombox.ai for 50 K, if I recall

Tune.Ai, Sound.Ai, Song.Ai, Music.AI, Band.Ai, Album.Ai, Voice. Ai, Stream.Ai, Audio,Ai -- these are all big time domains that fit the extension well.
Music.AI and Sound.AI would be the top dogs

Last edited:
•••
Rooting for Andy, best .ai portfolio out there. He also has Art.ai, RealEstate.ai, Easy.ai and probably a bunch of other good ones. Seems like he's taking development very seriously by setting up a physical location over in Barcelona, curious what he's going to do with them. $250k isn't pocket change but if you have the infrastructure in place to turn these names into properties that net let's say $10k monthly each with low-budget development or more with custom solutions, you're putting yourself in a position where you don't want to sell.

•••
Rooting for Andy, best .ai portfolio out there. He also has Art.ai, RealEstate.ai, Easy.ai and probably a bunch of other good ones. Seems like he's taking development very seriously by setting up a physical location over in Barcelona, curious what he's going to do with them. $250k isn't pocket change but if you have the infrastructure in place to turn these names into properties that net let's say $10k monthly each with low-budget development or more with custom solutions, you're putting yourself in a position where you don't want to sell.
He doesn't have the best .ai portfolio.

That title belongs to @Igor Gabrielan

•••
He doesn't have the best .ai portfolio.

That title belongs to @Igor Gabrielan

Is that portfolio public? Made me curious.

When referring to Andy Booth, I was more so thinking about his top names and that it would be difficult for someone to match that. However, there may very well be .ai investors who don't necessarily own blockbuster domains but instead have hundreds or thousands of "bread and butter" ones that in aggregate can be worth more.

•••
Is that portfolio public? Made me curious.

When referring to Andy Booth, I was more so thinking about his top names and that it would be difficult for someone to match that. However, there may very well be .ai investors who don't necessarily own blockbuster domains but instead have hundreds or thousands of "bread and butter" ones that in aggregate can be worth more.
http://ai-names.com
It is not biggest portfolio, but it have gems space.ai store.ai sport.ai car.ai ads.ai metaverse.ai fin.ai med.ai bots.ai apps.ai videos.ai shorts.ai …

•••
It is not biggest portfolio, but it have gems space.ai store.ai sport.ai car.ai ads.ai metaverse.ai fin.ai med.ai bots.ai apps.ai videos.ai shorts.ai …

Wow, truly impressive!

Bought strictly as investments or do you have development plans for some of them like Andy?

•••
Вау, справді вражаюче!

Придбано виключно як інвестиції чи у вас є плани розвитку щодо деяких із них, наприклад Енді?
I’ll probably try to develop something, but mostly, of course, investments since 2011.

•••
•••
Andy might not have the biggest .AI portfolio ....but he's got gems
Most valuable AI portfolio: prob Igor, or Tayang (Tom)
Then Andy
Maybe Mark Soper
I'd say Tayang is the top one because he owns lots of 1 letter .ai domains and he doesn't need money so he can hold out for as long as the AI domain rocket keep soaring

I had one of the most valuable .AI portfolios, and still own about 18 top .AI domains, but I sold over 50 between 2016 and 2021 to buy land and a few premium .com domains (I should have kept the .AI domains in retrospect, but you have to turn the page)

7 were acquired via sedo auction in july and another by a large telecom in may

so I have only 18 premium .AI domains left ...i.e, taken in at least 250 extensions and fit the extension perfectly

•••
Space, Car, Med, Store could sell for 7 figures each .... Apps, Videos -- def 6 figure ai domains each

You can buy some great homes in Kyiv, Odesa, Lviv with those proceeds or anywhere you want ...hope you do!

•••
•••
I have nothing but respect to the Booth brothers for what they have achieved in domains, but I do ask myself, how many times have they reported how much they have paid for a .com domain as an investment? How many times have gone public that they have bid x amount for a .com domain name like they have done with .ai domains (Health dot ai $500k), as i don't believe they have (certainly not consistantly), why share this information with .ai?

For sure Ai and .Ai is exiting and AI itself is going to change the world (good or bad), but can’t help but feel they need to cheerlead .ai domain names.

End of the day, if you know where a pot of gold is buried, you don't tell everyone else where to dig, so if they are convinced .AI is here to stay and these domains going to be in demand even more so by companies in the future, you keep it quiet and buy as much as you can and cheap as you can, right? Not go public with how much you are paying and how much you are offering for these domains, it makes no business sense, so there is one other reason, you are not 100% sure on the extension (long term), but trying to influence the market and make others invest and therefore making your own investments stronger.
Well, the gold mine was discovered long ago. I hauled out some gold back in 2016 and quickly received offers in 2017 --- then some more, but AI didn't reach its gold standard until 2022

I even recall buying excellent .AI domains in the expired AI auction up until about 2017 for 1500 USD and less... those days are gone ==== now you might luck into an .ai domain in one of those auctions that some startup decides it's the perfect name for its company ...but that's more luck that getting a domain taken in over 150 extensions, etc and is highly AI-centric

•••
Congratulations. And wish you good luck for more.

•••
It definitely is a pump of .ai

•••
It's pretty hard not to root for Andy.
He's a great guy. Hard worker. High morals. Not a "show off"
I have nothing against Andy. Seems like a great entrepreneur and domain investor. Overall, Andy sounds like a decent guy.

But Igor's .AI portfolio still trumps his.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back