IT.COM

question Sometimes I feel really old

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
So I saw a name on an expired list - glyth.com. I wondered what a "glyth" is or was, so I did a quick search. It seems it's a singer, and one of his/her songs is "cat soup". I'm so far away from any of that, that I wonder if I should retire and leave domaining to the vibrant young guys and gals. :)

How am I going to cope with next generation names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dont worry, never heard of them either :xf.smile:

•••
So I saw a name on an expired list - glyth.com. I wondered what a "glyth" is or was, so I did a quick search. It seems it's a singer, and one of his/her songs is "cat soup". I'm so far away from any of that, that I wonder if I should retire and leave domaining to the vibrant young guys and gals. :)

You Gona Cope Just Fine ,Domaining is in your blood :)

•••
•••
ha.
this will help you get up to speed.
perhaps you know most of them already but if not don't worry, I am sure most of the music would be stuff that is way cool and you would enjoy. ;)
problem is, this is from a couple years ago and I am sure it is far outdated and most of them aren't all that
groovy anymore.
frank sinatra would be more than 100 years old and has been dead more than twenty years.
he's not in my wheelhouse but regardless, that makes me feel old.
whowareallthese.jpg

:xf.smile:

•••
•••

I thought the new gTLDs were the next generation names lol

•••
I thought the new gTLDs were the next generation names lol

I think they are on the skids at the moment. Emojis seem to be faddy and peaking, but maybe they will revive if somebody starts an emoji registry.

•••

One aspect of domaining I like is that we are "fishing" in all kind of waters.That said I think domaining is very interesting and educational. Each day you can learn about a new thing and that is exciting, isn't it!?:xf.smile:

•••
One aspect of domaining I like is that we are "fishing" in all kind of waters.That said I think domaining is very interesting and educational. Each day you can learn about a new thing and that is exciting, isn't it!?:xf.smile:
That's why I can't leave it alone. I'm still reading about shetar as a result of reg-'ing the name Ancient Jewish shetar law has become part of modern western contract law.

•••
never heard of it neither ...

•••
So I saw a name on an expired list - glyth.com. I
Speaking of age: I realize it's epidemic, but try to avoid opening your posts with "So...". Makes you sound like a 12-year-old schoolgirl.

•••
its impossible to know each and every trend out there...I attended a seminar on a new medical procedure and quickly went and regsitered as many names of that procedure I could..timing is everything

•••
•••
That sums up domaining well...knowing what to buy and when to sell...the latter I have trouble with sometimes!
you just never know what name can come back. If you had a bunch of coin names because you thought coin collecting would be big but never took off now those coin names can be used for crypto or token names. name trends come and go and come back again.

•••
@Kuffy - man you are out of touch - the song is Glyth and the name of the band is Cat Soup : grin :

Here's a newer release of theirs

As for the origin of their name - if you read this it will all make sense [warning spoilers!]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Soup

•••
@Kuffy - man you are out of touch - the song is Glyth and the name of the band is Cat Soup : grin :

Well there you are - I'll have to stop using "so" as well, and switch the modern word "like"

Like, I remember the old song "Rolling Stones" by the group "Beggar's banquet" :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back