Dynadot

Someone try to sell me a free domain for $90

NameSilo
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
I do not usually read my spam tray but today I took a look and I found an email that someone tries to sell me a domain that is free so here is current history :

First email to ( my email : [email protected] )

William Creighton <[email protected]>
Sep 6, 2018, 11:17 PM (2 hours ago) to domaining

Hi there! Are you perhaps interested in personalloanshelpline.com? It will be on sale soon and we are open to any reasonable offers for it. Feel free to make a bid if you are interested and we will get back to you. Regards,

William Creighton

-----------------------------------

I can not resist answering him :

------------------------------

Subject: re: personalloanshelpline.com
Date: 2018-Sep-07

Yes, it could be, how much?

-----------------------------------

Then the email change from [email protected] to Active Domain Hosting <[email protected] >

Hey there!

The current price for personalloanshelpline.com is $90 USD. If you're interested, I will set up the buy page at the domain name itself.

As soon as you make the payment, our system will send you out domain's Access Credentials for full control and ownership of the domain name.

Please let me know if you're interested or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Best,

Alex

Active Domain Hosting

My reply :

But it's going to be my property ?... how pay you ?

until now he has not responded, and the domain is still free, I hope he realizes his stupidity and does not register the domain. Anyway, it's double stupidity, how many people use the term "domaining" in his mail and at the same time they do not know what a whois is... Anyway ... I can not explain this mental process

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wait for a reply, say you want it and get them to buy the name - then say your thinking about it, negotiate price - wait for grace period to pass then say you changed your mind and block (y)

•••
wait for a reply, say you want it and get them to buy the name - then say your thinking about it, negotiate price - wait for grace period to pass then say you changed your mind and block (y)
:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
Goodfellas - "Hey, you broke your cherry"
Welcome to domaining :)

•••
Had this happen to me a few times. I ended up reg'ing one of the names they sent in the email for reg fee. Thanks for the heads up Mr Spammer LOL.

•••
I get a lot of these whilst pending delete. If it's good enough I might backorder it, or even wait for it to drop. Never had an offer on an unregistered domain yet.

•••
The story continues, he bought the domain and sent me the buy now order

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
Now if you want to waste his time ask if you can pay in installments.

•••
HAHA, I have had a good one recently. They were trying to sell me names that were in pending delete - or just deleted..... but it was funny because they were names I dropped. I dropped quite a few, and kept getting the same offer on different dropped names, all names I dropped, and each message had a different from person on it - but was clearly the same person. I played on email a while and asked some questions about the client they were representing hahahaha. they stopped shortly after.

•••
@Kate BRILLIANT!!!! please post the re ponce from the seller if you do actually ask for installments as Kate suggested. Too funny.

•••
I receive a lot of these emails. Sometimes the names are a few days shy of redemption, others are available for registration, as was the case here. Like @stub, I've taken advantage of the spammers' heads up once or twice and added a few nice domains to my portfolio :xf.grin:

Unlike most people, I don't mind spam much and take a few minutes to scan through subject lines, finding on occasion eye opening tidbits and... nice domains in the process :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
Now if you want to waste his time ask if you can pay in installments.

I'm going to go for more. My crazy reply

In you las message you say that the domain is $90, but the website say $900, not $90, ok, no problem. Can i make a montly payment?, I mean, $900 is to much money, can i pay 100$ each month ?

Best regard

---

Wait for this, I do not know what can happen ... but if this happens, the truth is that deep down I will lose my hope in human intelligence.

Two things can happen.

1 - No Sr, is $90, then i request montly paymen

2 - Change the price.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
be-careful what you put in writing - it may be technically a binding agreement - not that I would be awful concerned at that $ammt. May just not be worth the headache - some people are crazy out there hahaha

•••
The end I will send hem the link of this discussion. but I will wait for this answer

:ROFL::xf.cry::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::xf.cry::xf.cry:

•••
I'm going to go for more. My crazy reply

In you las message you say that the domain is $90, but the website say $900, not $90, ok, no problem. Can i make a montly payment?, I mean, $900 is to much money, can i pay 100$ each month ?

Best regard

---

Wait for this, I do not know what can happen ... but if this happens, the truth is that deep down I will lose my hope in human intelligence.

Two things can happen.

1 - No Sr, is $90, then i request montly paymen

2 - Change the price.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Great job. String him along with high hopes for another month and then tell him your friend told you the name was available when he emailed you and that you will only reimburse him the 99 cents that you could have registered it for yourself at Godaddy. :xf.grin:

•••
Great job. String him along with high hopes for another month and then tell him your friend told you the name was available when he emailed you and that you will only reimburse him the 99 cents that you could have registered it for yourself at Godaddy. :xf.grin:

:xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

•••
Now you could reply (in broken English) with a list of your domains for sale and ask if he wants to buy any :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back