Dynadot

discuss Someone selling my domain on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jonathan MacDermid

Socially CorporateEstablished Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

Just used the free listing code on Flippa to list a hand reg crypto domain I bought today. Just for a bit of an experiment as I hadn't used Flippa before.

To my surprise, after confirming my ownership of the domain via a TXT entry in the DNS file, it would not let me post the auction as someone had already put it up for auction.

I only regd the domain about 2 hours ago!

Has anyone else came across a situation like this on Flippa?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This happens from time to time on many sales channels. Just email Flippa support and ask them to remove the duplicate listing from the other sellers account. It was probably listed by the former owner prior to them dropping it.

•••
Yeah I filled out the form so will wait for it to get sorted. Maybe it was a dropped domain as you say hence the fresh reg date.

•••
Had the same issue with a Flippa auction, and both a Sedo and Afternic listing. DNWon is spot on. If you have control of the dns and can prove it they will cancel the other.

•••
Check the price on the old listing before it gets deleted. It might give you an idea of the price you should quote.

•••
Update - Flippa quickly cancelled the other listing for me. Impressed at how quickly they dealt with it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back