NameSilo

services Some Afternic partners are marking up your domain prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainNameWire

DNW EditorVIP Member
DomainNameWire.com
Impact
When you list your domain names for sale through Afternic’s Premium Network, 100 resellers and registrars list your domain names for sale on their sites. Many of these partners allow customers to instantly purchase your domains by taking advantage of the Afternic Fast Transfer system.

You, the domain seller, pay a commission of up to 20% to Afternic.

But the total delta between what the buyer pays and you get might be much bigger. It turns out that some Afternic partners are marking up the price of your domains...

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hadn't replied as there are already responses to the questions being asked on the two blog articles about it. Bob Mountain the VP of Afternic and Paul Nicks my boss VP of GoDaddy and Afternic Aftermarkets both answered in the comments. I don't have anything to add beyond what they stated already.

•••
this is great, they help you sell your domains at the price you were willing to sell.
it is fair that they get paid for the service
nothing wrong here, it is commission based sales business 101

if you look at the example,
the difference is 295.5$ , they have to get paid for the sale
the seller will still receive 80% of 1995$, the money he wanted in the first place

great i am very happy when i sell domains on afternic,
and don't care at all about how much the partner got to facilitate the sale.
Actually my portfolio would be at loss without the Afternic sales

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back