IT.COM

[SOLVED] 12k$ transaction cancelled after domain name completed transfers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBuyerz

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I got a buyer for one of my domain names, but unfortunately cancelled after the transfer is completed (after around 5/7 days).

I recieve a first offer for 9k$, accepted it but no answer after that from the buyer, and recently the buyer bought it for 12k$, after the payment is recieved, Afternic sent me this message:

yGoBPSH.png

I was invited to transfer the domain name and provided my auth code.

I was said, it is sold since they got the payment from the buyer isn't it ? otherwhise they don't have to bother me and send the auth code.

Surprisingly, today I got this message:

xum6MF6.png

The transaction should have been done no ? how the transaction is not verified and why do I have to pay a renewal for another year for this domain name ? I didn't asked nothing ... so now I have two choice, recieve the domain name via Pushing to my GoDaddy account, or get an AUTH CODE (If that is possible since I think it is required to wait up to 60 days to request it) and pay for a renewal.

Someone can explain this situation ?

UPDATE

Problem solved and explaination provided by Afternic Staff and namepros members.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Always assumed that was true but NO it is not. In this case the WHOIS and DNS changed to buyers name without transaction completion. Ten days after cancellation (20 days total time) the buyers whois and buyers DNS was still there until I changed to my DNS after name was transferred back.

I even had to pay the transfer cost to get it back since it was never reg'd at GD by me. The fraudulent buyer ended up getting the domain benefit and traffic for anywhere from 10 to as long as 20 days! :xf.frown:

For my case, they sent the domain name first to their own account, since they suggested me to provide an email/customer id of my godaddy account in order to recieve it there since the transaction were not complete at that time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back