Dynadot

.com Sold PaladinDrones.com for $7,500

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I've made sales before but this one was pretty much luck.

I registered this one thinking if I can't register guardianDrones.com then why not pull out the thesaurus and find synonyms for "Guardian"

Many combined with +Drones.com were taken.

Except for Paladin so gave it a try.

I believed that potential for Drones for security purposes.

PaladinDrones.io is developed. It's a company developing drones to help firefighters.

Best part is they when they Y-combinator which has churned out companies like AirBNB and others.

Probably could have sat on it an ask for more but needed the money.

Good luck to the new owner. I think it's a reseller.

Edit: somebody does own PaladinDrone.com

Also the .net and .org are available if anyone is feeling like investing.

Please note these guys probably NOW have an unregistered or registered trademark for PaladinDrones

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congrats man. A huge long shot paid off like gangbusters!
You were paid already I take it?

•••
Lefty Gomez: Better to be lucky than good.

Some smart ass: Lucky is good!

Great sale!

•••
•••
Congrats man. A huge long shot paid off like gangbusters!
You were paid already I take it?

I wasn't expecting anything. And yes! I know better than to open my mouth before getting paid. Seen people with egg on face on here. Only to find out check bounced or something.lol

Lefty Gomez: Better to be lucky than good.

Some smart ass: Lucky is good!

Great sale!

Lol Thanks. I bet people reading this thread just pulled out their high school thesaurus just now.

Synonyms = $$$$

Soon after I got paid handregged KnightDrones.com lol

Last edited:
•••
I've made sales before but this one was pretty much luck.

I registered this one thinking if I can't register guardianDrones.com then why not pull out the thesaurus and find synonyms for "Guardian"

Many combined with +Drones.com were taken.

Except for Paladin so gave it a try.

I believed that potential for Drones for security purposes.

PaladinDrones.io is developed. It's a company developing drones to help firefighters.

Best part is they when they Y-combinator which has churned out companies like AirBNB and others.

Probably could have sat on it an ask for more but needed the money.

Good luck to the new owner. I think it's a reseller.

Edit: somebody does own PaladinDrone.com

Also the .net and .org are available if anyone is feeling like investing.

Please note these guys probably NOW have an unregistered or registered trademark for PaladinDrones

Congrats. You are a lucky man.

•••
Congrats. You are a lucky man.

You know it! Can't be skill. It's like grabbing a bunch of darts and throwing it at a board. Eventually you'll hit something lol

•••
congrats.

venue? BIN or offer?

•••
congrats.

venue? BIN or offer?

Inbound via Efty.

The buyer is probably over here. I suspect it's a fellow domainer. I had asked the usual $10k wait about a week an half. Got it for negotiated down to $7,500 or he offered it.

It was a broker.

The thing is I had reached out to the main company to pitch it to. Guy told me not interested and take me off your mailing list.

So I don't know if he bought it and felt he needed to use a broker?

I dunno. Wire cleared via EscrowDomains.

Thanks to EscrowDomains by the way.

•••
thanks for all the details and congrats again, that is a very fortunate sale imo.

•••
You shouldn't feel like your left money on the table, because if you did, you would have probably need to wait a few more years for a couple more k$ in my opinion.

This is a fantastic sale! when did you register it?

and of course, congrats!!

•••
Congrats on the sale. May i know your portfolio size?

•••
•••
•••
Congrats!!....Great Sale and Brand name for a drone company...I now have a keyword+ Drone price I now need to update!

Impressive sale! I love the word Paladin...reminds of all the good RPG Games...The paladin was always a holy might Strong Savior! A kind of "Guardian " you did well!

EDIT: BTW Thanks for the idea surprising just r=e=g=d the " bot/bots" version ! (should have been long gone)

Last edited:
•••
•••
You shouldn't feel like your left money on the table, because if you did, you would have probably need to wait a few more years for a couple more k$ in my opinion.

This is a fantastic sale! when did you register it?

and of course, congrats!!

Thanks. 2016? I know whoever bought it plans to sit on it once the company goes big like AirBNB. I know already since the domain resolves no where. I'm sure he or she is probably reading this right now!

I mean this company did go thru the YCombinator program and any startup that goes thru their process almost always ends up like as big as AirBNB. There are more companies that went thru Y Combinator. If anyone can look into that feel free to share.

So I guess whoever bought it is like "investing" in PaladinDrones prior to it ever becoming AirBNB.

I mean imagine if AirBNB sat it's startup in AirBNB.io? then became huge? how much would you charge AirBNB for AirBNB.com? especially if you paid $7,500?

hey if they can pull it off. then that will probably be the next reported sale on here about PaladinDrones.com

either way. made my money off it and I'm not going to cut my heart out with a spoon if it sold for $250,000.

well........maybe not at first! lol

Last edited:
•••
Congrats!!....Great Sale and Brand name for a drone company...I now have a keyword+ Drone price I now need to update!

Impressive sale! I love the word Paladin...reminds of all the good RPG Games...The paladin was always a holy might Strong Savior! A kind of "Guardian " you did well!

EDIT: BTW Thanks for the idea surprising just r=e=g=d the " bot/bots" version ! (should have been long gone)

yup. and all you need now is a good updated Thesaurus.

So what's the process of getting this info verified over at Namebio? You know I have a couple sales via Godaddy that never got reported to Namebio. Doesn't Godaddy automatically report sales to Namebio? or does that only happen when it's an auction sale?

like my

WhoaTime.com $5,000
360Sand.com $8,000

•••
yup. and all you need now is a good updated Thesaurus.

So what's the process of getting this info verified over at Namebio? You know I have a couple sales via Godaddy that never got reported to Namebio. Doesn't Godaddy automatically report sales to Namebio? or does that only happen when it's an auction sale?

like my

WhoaTime.com $5,000
360Sand.com $8,000

Just contact namebio @Michael and he can help you out! yes I think only Expired Auctions and certain Sales get auto reported, not sure how that works.

•••

yea I think the CEO of the company is an RPG geek lol. which explains the Paladin usage in his company name.

Paladin is good choice for his drone company since a Paladin is a "savior" and their drones are designed to assist Firefighters with getting to fires to assess the situation prior to their arrival and maybe help with providing life saving medical help.

The thing is too. They are not just doing that. They plan to use their drones also to help cops on the streets chase down the baddies. Very Cool.

maybe I shouldn't have sold? lol jk jk.

•••
lol why am right now checking to see if anyone reading this thread regged these domains?:xf.wink: lol

PaladinDrones.net
PaladinDrones.org

any takers?:xf.grin:

I'm staying away since like I said PaladinDrones.io is an established business already. PaladinDrones.com on the other hand was registered prior to PaladinDrones.io going "live".

•••
•••
•••
What a fantastic sale! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing so many details with us.
Bob

•••
Back