IT.COM

.com Sold my first 5 figure USD name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
If you count cost of acquisition and time of holding you might find out that the extra letter domains could bring better ROI than llll.com or some EMD, which you need to hold them for years. I made high xxxx profit this year selling them and I can point out some users dealing just with llll.com's and 1 word domains who lost money this year.

WOW... you enlarge my horizon :xf.grin: But I think I must get more confident

•••
Congratulations!!!

Another reminder of the gold mine we all have access to 24 hours a day from anywhere!

•••
I couldnt imagine holding 3000 names, i think worrying about renewal fees would stress me out to much. I only got 100 names and i can barely cover the annual renewal fees, i will be dropping a bunch of names this year that are not .com

Are there any viable ways to monetize these idle domain names, at least to get the annual renewals fees?

•••
Parking PPC but - I have about 1500 names parked generates only about $200. per month.

•••
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.
Amazing job my friend!!!!! Great sale!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!

•••
Its funny that none of us here would even pay $10 for that name. What a cold hard truth and a lesson for domainers.

Do your research everyone.

•••
<<Its funny that none of us here would even pay $10 for that name.>>

Well, no.

primetimekids.com sold for $2000. on BuyDomains 10/30/2017.
edu4kids.com sold $1700. NameJet 8/21/2017
fosterkids.com sold $10,000. Uniregistry 6/15/2017
grandkids.org sold $3000. BuyDomains 6/6/2017
westcoastkids.com sold $6000. Uniregistry 5/9/2017

kidsstory.com for sale $22,000. on Afternic
storykids.com for sale $3750. on Afternic
storyforkids.com for sale $3642. on Afternic

etc.
etc.

kids may be valuable!

Last edited:
•••

Are you trying to set a new record for number of likes lol

•••
Nice sale, now you can go spend it on 1 bitcoin.
And you'd get a better price as bitcoin has come down from $19k to 13k but currently about $14.5k so you'd have change to buy more domains too

•••
If you not gonna post the name , why bother

•••
That's chump change for Facebook. Nice nonetheless!

•••
If you not gonna post the name , why bother
Name was already posted. It was MessengerKids/com and the end user that bought it ended up being Facebook.

•••
Its funny that none of us here would even pay $10 for that name. What a cold hard truth and a lesson for domainers.

Do your research everyone.

The difference has been made by the interested buyer: Facebook...

Superbingo.jpg

•••
Nice OP. That is a big win.

How did the buyer actually find your website? I'm debating on making my own but fear no one will ever see it without some type of advertisement.

•••
•••
Inspiring story, thanks for sharing & congratulations! Nice website also.

•••
people are slimy... that is why sometimes revealing sold names are not cool. Someone has gone behind to register the .net, .org and .info of this name.

•••
•••
same .co owner took the .co.uk

•••
.IN was not spared either... oh wow.

•••
•••
.site .top .im .io .cn .vip .games

the list goes on....

most are parked, do they expect to earn even a few pennies per year from these domains?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back