IT.COM

.com Sold my first 5 figure USD name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congrats! Awesome sale and story thanks for sharing the details.

•••
Nice sale, congratulations :)

What name the buyer used during the negotiations ?

•••
Nice job on the sale, but I find zero value in disclosing without sharing the name. Getting tired of people sharing mystery five figure sales on here.
At least he can quote a number, others just post xxxxx :xf.smile:

@omelet thanks for sharing the complete name.

Congrats, wish you to have more sales like this.

Edit: Just checked your website, you got pretty awesome names in your portfolio (y)

Last edited:
•••
Nice sale, congratulations :)

What name the buyer used during the negotiations ?

it is a UK based digital agency. I never thought it was FB. :xf.laugh:

•••
congratulations , wish you many more sale of this kind

Last edited:
•••
Is this the sale of KIDSSUPPLY.COM to Kanye West??????

•••
•••
•••
•••
What’s the domain?

There is no value in sharing this sale unless you can share the name

•••
What’s the domain?

There is no value in sharing this sale unless you can share the name
He already said.

MessengerKids

Purchased by Facebook.

•••
BTW - @omelet - Why didn't you counter the 20K offer?

Last edited:
•••
BTW - @omelet - Why didn't you counter the 20K offer?

I don't think would have countered either. 20k for a handreg I held for less than a year. SOLD SOLD SOLD

•••
I don't think would have countered either. 20k for a handreg I held for less than a year. SOLD SOLD SOLD
I think that if someone is contacting you with an offer, you should always counter.

•••
Normally I agree with this. But I have been in situations where I counter slightly higher and the buyer goes cold. You never know what the other person is thinking he may have countered 100k and they may have said the hell with it let's use a different name. And then he just lost 20k. The ROI was amazing on a $1.99 domain I don't know too many people who wouldn't take the money.

•••
Messenger/Kids .. such a crappy name, most won't bid $1 on this, anyways, congrats @omelet

Meanwhile, I received a $75 offer from an end-user for Victory/Kids dot com.. :ROFL:

•••
KidsMessenger.com is a much better name IMO, and it's got a BIN price of $677 on Afternic.

FB have too much money.

•••
Fantastic sale! Congratulations!

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
follow up.. you only realize the power of follow ups if you follow up!
they through godaddy agent. I cannot follow up.

•••
Congratulations!! Love to hear stories like this!

•••
Amazing ROI. Congrats on a great sale.

•••
KidsMessenger.com is a much better name IMO, and it's got a BIN price of $677 on Afternic.

FB have too much money.

Kidsmessenger is a much more awkward name in my opinion because "kids" here would have to imply "kid's" and you would have to read the apostrophe between the lines. Not ideal. Messengerkids flows nice and smooth and is meant as in "kids that use messenger" rather than "messenger for kids". IMHO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back