Dynadot

.com Sold my first 5 figure USD name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is obvious it is a brand branch, but I am finding it hard to justify..
It would be similar if google creates a new brand searchkids (sounds weird) as a brand branch, instead of something like kids.google

Google is a search engine not an IM, anything beyond SafeSearch would be unnecessary. There is an actual need for parental control on FB messenger because parents need to be monitoring the interactions of young children on the internet...you never know who might pop in with a friend request etc....there is a clear logical flow of thought and intention towards this offering. I can see kids navigating to the page and downloading the app themselves or their parents doing it for them and feeling a sense of security.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Google is a search engine not an IM, anything beyond SafeSearch would be unnecessary. There is an actual need for parental control on FB messenger because parents need to be monitoring the interactions of young children on the internet...you never know who might pop in with a friend request etc....there is a clear logical flow of thought and intention towards this offering. I can see kids navigating to the page and downloading the app themselves or their parents doing it for them and feeling a sense of security.
I'm not against the idea they want to implement.
I think they had to spend somewhere some cash for some weird reasons and did.
Kids downloading the kids messenger instead of messenger? Seriously? Are you lying to yourself? Lol. You have been a kid yourself and as every kid you wanted to know and choose the thing you were allowed to! :)

•••
I tip my hat to you.

Congrats!

•••
•••
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.
Congratulates !!!, on the sale. Keep up the good work.

•••
•••
Congrats! Thanks for breaking the suspense on the name.:xf.cool:

•••
thanks for tips.

I m still testing the store.....I am thinking to move my store from shopify to woocommerce, because of the escrow
I can help with that.

•••
•••
With 3000 domain names , you are already a pro domainer who can pick quality names.As a newbie , I cannot comment on your name.Congrats:xf.smile:

•••
Congrats man! What a ROI. Best of luck in 2018 and beyond!

•••

Congratulations

•••
•••
no parking, no nothing

used to consider the names as a junk name. didnt pay attention.

until this lady came in with offer, I realized the value of it

Yeah that can be the case sometimes. I had a 3 word domain "myketogenicdiet.com" and was approached by a branding company that wanted to acquire it for their client....after I sold it I visited the domain a week later and found it is actually Nestle that now has my old name.

and...I still have KetgenicDieting.com which I know is worth way more.

•••
Yeah that can be the case sometimes. I had a 3 word domain "myketogenicdiet.com" and was approached by a branding company that wanted to acquire it for their client....after I sold it I visited the domain a week later and found it is actually Nestle that now has my old name.

and...I still have KetgenicDieting.com which I know is worth way more.
how much did u sell that name

•••
When I first purchased it in the early 2000's I figured if I got $300 for it I would be ok with that. I listed it high and the branding company offered me $500 so I took it. Funny how I initially bought it with the idea of selling products like myketocal (powered drink mix...seems right up Nestle's alley..ha ha) and it turns out they apparently bought out that company. At this point they only use it to forward to the .co.uk version of the site. My guess is they seen I had the intellectual rights and made an offer.

•••
When I first purchased it in the early 2000's I figured if I got $300 for it I would be ok with that. I listed it high and the branding company offered me $500 so I took it. Funny how I initially bought it with the idea of selling products like myketocal (powered drink mix...seems right up Nestle's alley..ha ha) and it turns out they apparently bought out that company. At this point they only use it to forward to the .co.uk version of the site. My guess is they seen I had the intellectual rights and made an offer.

...and obviously there was no NDA involved either or I wouldn't be talking about it, so I get bragging rights :xf.wink:

•••
This story has stayed stuck in my mind ..given it was all for this "app" and the landing page , try's to get you to Download the "app".

And all this talk on recent threads about the new .app ext

I said why the heck not , two words but it makes since , and if all app company's decide they want the . App with thee exact match app well

I just PICKED UP THIS EXACT DOMAIN in

.app ( wish me luck )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back