IT.COM

various Sold my 4th and 5th domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I am awaiting payment on one domain, so it is tricky to say whether I've sold 4 or 5 domains:)

GetThc.Online
GotBought.Com

The money hasn't started rolling in yet, but reducing inveentory is the goal right now!! And not losing my shirt:) No one wants to see me shirtless.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am even on those domains, well marginally ahead! Still very much in the red overall.

•••
•••
can you reveal the sale price?
I can frame it this way . . . all of those domains were hand regged. I had a few miscalculations and paid for 2 year regs and privacy. That gives you an idea of what I paid, roughly. I sold them (them would be the 4/5 domain sales I have, not just 4and5) for about a hair more than 2x Cost. The dollar amounts aren't exciting. And 2x isn't too exciting to me, but i don't know anywhere where we can double our money in 5 months . . . Is it scaleable? I think so!

•••
I assume, he bought them in $7-9 range each and sold in $10-20 range each.

Unfortunately two year regs and privacy happened! So 7-9 was not their averages! And I also happened to register a name that someone trademarked a picture for. Crazy. He got a steal, and if i weren't so far in the red now, Id not do BIN, but let people offer me money. That domain was lovesmiled.com. In my mind I am convinced i could have gotten 1XXX for it. Thinking about it . . . :( Think about it, you an artist draw a picture. I register the words. Completely independent of one another . . . ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

•••
I can frame it this way . . . all of those domains were hand regged. I had a few miscalculations and paid for 2 year regs and privacy. That gives you an idea of what I paid, roughly. I sold them (them would be the 4/5 domain sales I have, not just 4and5) for about a hair more than 2x Cost. The dollar amounts aren't exciting. And 2x isn't too exciting to me, but i don't know anywhere where we can double our money in 5 months . . . Is it scaleable? I think so!

you didn't double your money
sorry

you want to calculate better

1) you take your total cost
-all your domain related costs ( all domains )
2) consider transaction fees and commissions
3) consider your time
4) consider paying an accountant
5) consider paying taxes
6) don't forget server costs

you want to register only domains
that can pay for all this
1 sale ->> covers this

•••
•••
I do not know what you mean. Are you saying, selling him the domain for 1XX was dumb? I agree if thats what you mean! It was BIN for 100, my mistake! Sorry for being confused.

when you learn to understand trademark law better
you smile next time
when somebody wants a domains for low $xxx USD
based on such stupid claims

•••
so i did not know anything about the trademark until after the sale. I had it on sedo bin 100. Mistake, but eh! I saw email saying i sold a domain, looked to see what scam was being played:) Saw it was real. Few days later visited love smiled dot com where i saw his picture, and thought XFUUEVNLLJGFF . . .

So it was a mistake!

•••
when you learn to understand trademark law better
you smile next time
when somebody wants a domains for low $xxx USD
based on such stupid claims
Translation= I left hundreds of dollars on the table??!!??

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats, Keep it up. You're still learning so recouping some of your expenses through low figure sales is not so bad. At least it's not a total loss. As you go further in domaining things will start falling into place. I think you gain knowledge with every offer/sale/negotiation/loss/drop/... So these are more valuable than merely the dollar amount. You're also showing that you're reasonable and trying to find ways to stay afloat and not be an unreasonable dreamer and then things come crashing down on you. I'm impressed at your progress and wish you nothing but success. Congrats again.

•••
Exceed your budget and you might become part of the fire sales we so often see on namepros. The trick is to work within your budget, not to run out of funds, and be patient.
Great Advice we all need to hear every once in a while. Thanks!

•••
Congrats, Keep it up. You're still learning so recouping some of your expenses through low figure sales is not so bad. At least it's not a total loss. As you go further in domaining things will start falling into place. I think you gain knowledge with every offer/sale/negotiation/loss/drop/... So these are more valuable than merely the dollar amount. You're also showing that you're reasonable and trying to find ways to stay afloat and not be an unreasonable dreamer and then things come crashing down on you. I'm impressed at your progress and wish you nothing but success. Congrats again.

Thank you! I am impulsive, a negative that has gotten me a few extra domains;) I am fairly well rounded, I think . . . jack of all trades master of none! I like to gamble, and as the saying goes, once the money goes in the middle it is no longer yours! I am confident if I had NOT registered my first bunch of domains for 2 years and added privacy, I would be in much better shape to climb out of the hole! Now it is about selling most of my domains that are sellable for something to help offset and minimize loss . . . as you stated!

•••
Regardless of how the numbers add up, the excitement of the first few sales is a great feeling.

Most businesses take a number of years to become profitable, the trick is to set a budget and a goal. Work within that budget and you'll be ok. Exceed your budget and you might become part of the fire sales we so often see on namepros. The trick is to work within your budget, not to run out of funds, and be patient.

I have definitely not applied this very solid advice! Now I am working harder to untangle myself!!

•••
•••
•••
I offered them free of charge. No strings attached.

•••
•••
•••
Always fun to get a sale, well done

•••
congratulations on your sales..keep up the good work!

•••
That's awesome, congrats on the sales! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back