Dynadot

.com Sold four letter dot com for $22,500

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
Sold all premium letter VCVC pattern .com for $22,500 via afternic BIN, $18,875 after their commission.

Received email on 16th that it is sold and today, just in 2 days, payment was already disbursed.

Amazing job by Afternic on this.

Will share the name shortly.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
awesome !!Congrats nice sale

•••
•••
•••
Congrats although I'd be worried about letting Afternic handle this and still get paid lol.

•••
•••
great sale on a n e m

Last edited:
•••
Congrats although I'd be worried about letting Afternic handle this and still get paid lol.

Already paid out in just 2 days )

•••
great sale on anem

Great job figuring it out... Indead it was A/N/E/M dot com

Perfectly pronounceable, great pattern, great letter combination. Meaningful too (means Wind, life, same origin as "animation"). Good luck to whoever will use it. In fact, I was just about to use it for my own business, but at this price I am ok to look for an alternative :)

By the way, all my $20K+ sales have happened with the names I planned to use myself and hence set high price and was firm with it )

•••
Great job figuring it out... Indead it was A/N/E/M dot com

Perfectly pronounceable, great pattern, great letter combination. Meaningful too (means Wind, life, same origin as "animation"). Good luck to whoever will use it. In fact, I was just about to use it for my own business, but at this price I am ok to look for an alternative :)

By the way, all my $20K+ sales have happened with the names I planned to use myself and hence set high price and was firm with it )
It's a good sale, you are on the winning end of that one, I would have no issue moving on, and using the money to buy 5 more like it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
nice!!!!!!!!

any idea if this was direct afternic market or came through one of their countless network distributed bin pricings?

•••
nice!!!!!!!!

any idea if this was direct afternic market or came through one of their countless network distributed bin pricings?

Thank you. Not sure. It says "... has sold through the Afternic network" in the email.

•••
Thank you. Not sure. It says "... has sold through the Afternic network" in the email.

ok no prob

it never ceases to amaze me.. without wanting to sound phislophical.. how for many of our sales.. the sale occurs (or not) simply because it is listed at some particular place.. maybe im the only one who considers this.. but does the thought ever cross your mind that had you not listed it on afternic, and/or at bin (thus making it go to yet another 100s of places), then your domain MAYBE woudl still be unsold?

I guess this brings us back to good old principle.. there is no succh thing as too much exposure for our domains

of course I don't mean some whois based email inquiry.. which would occur anyway.. but so much stuff is selling simply because it is listed at some specific location :)

I guess it just makes you wonder!

jmo

•••
ok no prob

it never ceases to amaze me.. without wanting to sound phislophical.. how for many of our sales.. the sale occurs (or not) simply because it is listed at some particular place.. maybe im the only one who considers this.. but does the thought ever cross your mind that had you not listed it on afternic, and/or at bin (thus making it go to yet another 100s of places), then your domain MAYBE woudl still be unsold?

I guess this brings us back to good old principle.. there is no succh thing as too much exposure for our domains

of course I don't mean some whois based email inquiry.. which would occur anyway.. but so much stuff is selling simply because it is listed at some specific location :)

I guess it just makes you wonder!

jmo

I agree. Someone might have searched at GD, for example, for the name and if it would have just shown "taken", he/she might have moved on to another name or settled for another extension. In this case, they probably saw "congratulations, this name is available for X amount" and had sufficient budget just to click and make payment right away.

•••
Great sale @Recons.Com Could you tell us how many 4L.com you have and sales percentage per year. Its could be great guide for others

•••
Great sale @Recons.Com Could you tell us how many 4L.com you have and sales percentage per year. Its could be great guide for others

Thank you. I have about 200 LLLL.coms. I sell about 1%-2% a year at end user prices and another 2-3% at small margin of 20%-100% to other investors.

This particular name was purchased in a batch of 64 names 2 years ago.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Nice to hear, good luck to you.

•••
:xf.smile:Congratulations!! "Get that money"

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back