Dynadot

Sold a domain...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
now they are asking me to change the dns server to theirs, but I am still waiting for payment and for the transfer to go through. Is this normal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless you agreed to it Before hand ... Do not Transfer a domain or change the DNS without Payment in hand .... IMO !

•••
Unless you agreed to it Before hand ... Do not Transfer a domain or change the DNS without Payment in hand .... IMO !
Thanks for the reply. This domain was sold privately, but it was listed at Sedo. They are working with the buyer on this deal. It was the Sedo rep that requested I do this, he says the buyers payment is in escrow... Is this something that Sedo would do? I am getting a little worried about ths transaction...

•••
I'm confused ???? Is it being sold through SEDO or not ?

•••
It was listed for sale at Sedo, but I initiated contact with someone who advertised in the Domains Wanted section here at NamePros. I agreed on a price with the buyer, and he had an agent from Sedo contact me because he has an account there and he wanted to use Sedo escrow. So the agent from Sedo has been contacting me and in the latest email he asked that I change the dns servers for the domain.

•••
Ahh sounds abit fishy to me.

•••
Well, I already accepted the transfer request, it was an email from Fabulous, it seemed legit, all of the emails I got seemed ok... Now, seeing as I have already accepted the transfer request, is there any way I can stop this? I am still not 100% sure that it is a bad deal, but now I am a bit worried. I am not talking about a great deal of money or anything, but that is not the point. If I am being ripped off I would like to tell all of you who it is, because this person has posts in the Domains Wanted section here, and others might get scammed too (if it is a scam)

•••
Could you post the email for us to see?

•••
Could you post the email for us to see?
I would like to, but I want to make sure that this is really a scam. I got verification from Fabulous that the email transfer request was legitimate, but that does not yet prove that it is not a scam. I am waiting to hear form Sedo, I forwarded the last email from the 'Sedo rep' back to them, asking them to verify it...

If this turns out to be a scam I will post everything.

•••
Its always better to confirm it with sedo before the actual dns changes are made

•••
it is legit..

It turns out that everything is legit, I was told by Sedo that buyers can request a dns change once they have paid. They confirmed with me that the money was in escrow, so I made the changes... Another learning experience, I guess..

•••
linker said:
It turns out that everything is legit, I was told by Sedo that buyers can request a dns change once they have paid. They confirmed with me that the money was in escrow, so I made the changes... Another learning experience, I guess..

Good to Hear :tu: - I forgot about this thread for a bit .... I was a bit confused from your wording at the start - But Very glad to hear everything is working out fine :)

•••
This is the first time I have sold a domain this way (actually it was only my second sale) but it seemed to be a bit more confusing than I thought it would be... But, like I said, it is a good learning experience... And I have to say support from Fabulous was great, and Sedo provided me good support as well...

•••
•••
perfectly normal situation....

And interesting advice given.

If a domain is simply parked, i always offer this immediately regardless of payment anyway. No problems and i always go by the fact that is anyone seriously interested in a few days traffic just to renage on payment they must be mad.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back