IT.COM

advice Dan.com first sale payout timeframe

NameSilo
Watch

VivifyDomains

journey-x.comEstablished Member
Impact
Just sold my first domain name ever on dan yesterday! Insanely lucky

But just wanted to know how long does it take to get paid out? They've been reaching out to me a bunch of times but they just keep saying "as it's your first sale it will take a little longer". I already unlocked the domain name yesterday but no further instructions from them other than "wait a little longer".

Does anyone know roughly how long until they complete the transfer and pay out normally on a first sale? Or is this unusual?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm definitely not an expert so I wouldn't take what I say too seriously here. But from my experience Dan has been way better than Sedo. When you list on Dan it also lists on Afternic if you add a BIN, so you get a lot more exposure I think. Dan also has a much nicer interface, very easy on the eyes. For eg the main page has some nice stats (this isn't the whole page):

Show attachment 235378

Good thing about Sedo though is that they pay you for parking with them, although I don't get much so not sure if it's worth it unless you have some domains that draw a lot of traffic.

Thank you!

Just BIN zero outbound. I was planning to try outbound after the 60 day lock was over but luckily didn't get there haha

Thanks!
Was it a fresh domain or an expired one that got sold?
And any tips to get some traffic/views?

•••
Was it a fresh domain or an expired one that got sold?
And any tips to get some traffic/views?
It was freshly hand registered, and I just listed it on Dan did not do anything special for traffic.

This one actually had much less traffic than most of my others

•••
It was freshly hand registered, and I just listed it on Dan did not do anything special for traffic.

This one actually had much less traffic than most of my others
Thank you so much for your reply!
I've listed 2 of my domains on dan, sedo, and afternic, but not getting any views

•••
Thank you so much for your reply!
I've listed 2 of my domains on dan, sedo, and afternic, but not getting any views
Yeah I have some domains that have 0 or at least very low views for about a month, just depends on the demand for that type of domain I think. Most of my domains do start to get at least some views after 1 or 2 days of listing though.

You could also try loading your domains from a different device and different network (eg. your mobile network not your home wifi) just to make sure they actually load properly. It could be some issues with the landers which some people have reported here

•••
Just sold my first domain name ever on dan yesterday! Insanely lucky

But just wanted to know how long does it take to get paid out? They've been reaching out to me a bunch of times but they just keep saying "as it's your first sale it will take a little longer". I already unlocked the domain name yesterday but no further instructions from them other than "wait a little longer".

Does anyone know roughly how long until they complete the transfer and pay out normally on a first sale? Or is this unusual?

Thanks
i am on first sale too right now :) i hope it can get faster process.

•••
i am on first sale too right now :) i hope it can get faster process.
Finally i get paid less then an our after domain transfered. paid with paypal.

•••
Congratulations, how many domains do you own?

•••
•••
Congratulations. You seem to have a lot of luck.

•••
I Appreciate this is an older thread but, always nice to read about peoples first-sales, I certainly remember the excitement and sense of anticipation from my own experience from 20 years ago. Suddenly a dozen questions come to mind about the whole process (all in anticipation of seeing the money)

Can't help but like those super-fast (from registration) sales either. They are quite unique and I doubt the end buyer really has any idea just how just a short time ago it was available. I do like the name XRcopilot it sort of evokes a certain supporting-role

•••
@VivifyDomains : Regarding the sale of your hand-reg domain, that is one insane epic sale! I bought and sold a domain last year within 1 week, sale was at here Namepros, turns out the seller and buyer is the same. My sale value wasn't as high as yours though (sold at wholesale price but still made money)

Regarding your domain views: 2308 views a month is insane! Just curious, how many domains did you have in your portfolio? My Dan account only has 60 plus views and I have just 11 Exact match domains. You seemed to be more experienced than me as a newbie investor!

Congratulations on your lucky sale and may more high value sales come your way!

•••
@VivifyDomains : Regarding the sale of your hand-reg domain, that is one insane epic sale! I bought and sold a domain last year within 1 week, sale was at here Namepros, turns out the seller and buyer is the same. My sale value wasn't as high as yours though (sold at wholesale price but still made money)

Regarding your domain views: 2308 views a month is insane! Just curious, how many domains did you have in your portfolio? My Dan account only has 60 plus views and I have just 11 Exact match domains. You seemed to be more experienced than me as a newbie investor!

Congratulations on your lucky sale and may more high value sales come your way!
Hi @abcuser123 , thanks! I think at the time I had around 150 domains or so.

As for views, don't worry too much about them as they are diluted by bot visits. XRcopilot had almost no views when it sold.

Here's one domain I have that got around 250 views in one day recently and then basically nothing after, this is what bot views look like:

1694983963678.png

•••
Thanks @VivifyDomains for your reply! I also got such unusually high visits too, but when I contacted Dan support, they told me they had IT security systems in place to prevent such bot visits.

•••
4 days ago, my domain was sold via afternic. 2 days ago there was a confirmation email that afternic was ready to make the transfer, and shortly after that I had sent the transfer code, unlocked the domain, removed whois privacy, and until now there has been no update, does anyone know how long this process will take? until I receive payment.

•••
Yeah from what others have said the payment part seems to be pretty quick. But the transfer seems to be slow, the domain name is still in my account (sold March 30).

Anyway, I will wait for a few more days
Just sold my first domain name on Friday its Monday today haven't received my payment, i just wanna ask when did you receive your payment?

•••
I got my payments in about 3 days, but not remember if it was counting Saturday and Sunday.
There was a notification recently at Dan that they will not be available, but forgot what was in the message.

•••
Just sold my first domain name on Friday its Monday today haven't received my payment, i just wanna ask when did you receive your payment?
It was a holiday weekend. Allow more time.

•••
On Dan it varies usually within around 2 business days, but sometimes up to 7 business days in my experience. There are delays sometimes depending on if there are public holidays or if there's an issue with the transfer.

With Afternic it's usually around 7 days for me so far. Sedo only sold one but they paid out in 2 business days

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back