IT.COM

opinion Sold a domain name, but its missing from my Network solutions Account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Parmeet

Established Member
Impact
Hello NPs,
Can someone please help me with this issue?

I sold a domain name on Afternic, but the domain name is missing from my Network solutions account.
I backordered this domain name via Snapnames on 20th December 2022 and is set to expire on 20th December 2023 .

I have emails from Snapnames and Network Solutions that I've acquired the domain name. Whois data shows that the domain name is still mine. I have managed the same domain name a month ago and fortunately have a screenshot from that time.

On contacting the support team I am being asked to pay $350 as redemption fee to get the domain name back in my account.
I have checked my email id, there is no email from network solution regarding transfer or deletion of domain name from my account.
Note: The domain name was not set on fast transfer and Afternic is expecting auth code from my end.

Attachments

• evcredit_purchase.jpg
    evcredit_purchase.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 84
  • networksolutions.jpg
    networksolutions.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 88
  • sold.JPG
    sold.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Support Chat.JPG
    Support Chat.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 92
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, your screenshot clearly shows the domain was in your control panel with an expiration date of 12/20/2023.
It was not expired at that point, so the support chat is wrong.

Therefore why should you pay a $350 fee?

I don't really have any contacts at Network Solutions, but someone else might.

You are probably going to need to escalate this to a higher level to resolve it.

Brad

•••
Are you sure it was in the same Network solutions account? Often SnapNames will creat a new network solutions account when you win the domain. I have 6 different NetSol accounts now, which makes it very confusing.

Good luck, they are literally the worst.

•••
Are you sure it was in the same Network solutions account? Often SnapNames will creat a new network solutions account when you win the domain. I have 6 different NetSol accounts now, which makes it very confusing.

You can consolidate all you accounts into one through the account control panel.

•••
You need to call them. Nothing gets resolved there unless you call them. I really don’t know how they get away with these things.

•••

Yes, the domain name was in the same account. Luckily I don't have more than one account on NetworkSolutions.

1674962648649.png
1674962505470.png

I have raised a ticket on Snapnames too. Would really appreciate if someone can guide me through this.

•••
You need to call them. Nothing gets resolved there unless you call them. I really don’t know how they get away with these things.
Thankyou for the suggestion, I will try to call them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back