Dynadot

Software for email marketing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

33S

Established Member
Impact
Hi. I'm wondering is there a good program that I can use to sell my domain to end users. I'm using Thunderbird and sometimes a web email interface + excel file for records of the people I've contacted, it's not really convenient due to a lot repetitive actions.

It would be really cool if some app allowed me to copy a website's address in an excel cell or in some database by a hotkey, the same with an email that I hover over for example. And if an app could send an email to a list of addresses in a way so each message had only one recipient and it sent it like 1 email/minute so my hosting provider wouldn't block them as mass spam.

Any thought? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't spam people. End user emails should be unique, personalized and relevant.

•••
If I send a same message about a domain BaltimoreRealtor.com to 50 Baltimore realtors I don't see it as spam. It's relevant for them.

•••
If I send a same message about a domain BaltimoreRealtor.com to 50 Baltimore realtors I don't see it as spam. It's relevant for them.
Still spam plus trademark infringement. You give domainers a bad name.

•••
Still spam plus trademark infringement. You give domainers a bad name.
The name was an example. If you put a person's name in an email, it's not spam? What makes a difference? To me if an email is well targeted and has on opt out link/line, it's ok.

•••
•••
Personalize means more than just a name on the email. Who are they? How did you find them, is what you are offering really better than what they have?

I'm not an anti-email zealot, but if you are automating the process, you are spamming. If you have to use software to fool your hosting or email provider, you are spamming.

I've received enough of these emails to know that the kind of people using software have the crappiest domains. You probably send stuff like:

I see you own sex.com would you be interested in really-cool-sex.horse ?

•••
P

mb22.gif

I receive tons of this stuff!

•••
Personalize means more than just a name on the email. Who are they? How did you find them, is what you are offering really better than what they have?

I'm not an anti-email zealot, but if you are automating the process, you are spamming. If you have to use software to fool your hosting or email provider, you are spamming.

I've received enough of these emails to know that the kind of people using software have the crappiest domains. You probably send stuff like:

Right now I'm selling geo domains with city+service which I feel is very beneficial due to memorability and extreme relevance to end users' businesses. I do receive tons of spam like "i see you own a similar name buy this junk" but what I sell is quality stuff. And I don't try to sell to big companies with obvious brandable names. How is a domain-wise clueless end user gonna know that a great marketing asset could be his/hers if not my email?

•••
I'm not against emailing, I'm against automating it.

Because once you automate it, you are just going to get more and more spammy to send more emails. Then you will be sending emails to everyone in Baltimore or everyone who has that type of business or anyone that has a domain with either of those in it.

Hand typed, personalized emails after you have visited their website and it is live and identified the correct person to receive it and are reasonably sure they would at the very least not be offended to receive it.

•••
Every once in a while here at Namepros, we can see someone starting a thread like this one.

My advice: Don't use software, do your own research and contact end-users one by one. You will sell more and you are less likely to have your email address blacklisted.

•••
I'm not against emailing, I'm against automating it.

Because once you automate it, you are just going to get more and more spammy to send more emails. Then you will be sending emails to everyone in Baltimore or everyone who has that type of business or anyone that has a domain with either of those in it.

Hand typed, personalized emails after you have visited their website and it is live and identified the correct person to receive it and are reasonably sure they would at the very least not be offended to receive it.

I see you point. Thank for the input. There are still situations in which automation is welcome even if you like to send personalized massages. Let's say you contacted a number of end users over 2 days and no one bought your domain, 2 months passed and you decide to seriously lower the price and let the end users you contacted know about it (except the people who indicated they don't want to receive further messages from you). Will you still manually type and send messages to them even if you have a ready list of email addresses that you gathered during the initial contacts and the message is absolutely the same for everyone?

•••
I dont quote prices in initial emails and I don't follow up unless they responded to the first email.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back