IT.COM

So confused

NameSilo
Watch

Lr4

Impact
I'm so very new at this.

On a whim, I did a Whois search on a domain I've been wanting and saw it expired 01/22/17.

Patiently I waited and tried to learn how to scoop this up. It ended up as a back order on namejet.

I watched and as it came to a close it had zero bids. I did not bid as I had read I could purchase if the auction closed without any bids. This isn't a domain anyone would want.

I think I read it's another five days for deletion, is this correct?

Now my confusion really sets in.. I saw a Whois search show the domain was updated 2/24 and doesn't expire until 1/22/18.

Whois.icann.org does not provide these dates and still shows the domain to be expired. Are some Whois searches more accurate?

Anyway, I just want this domain and could use some guidance. It's really making me feel dumb.

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you can PM the domain, I can try to determine what's the status. If it was an expiring domain and backordered at Namejet, someone definitely did get the domain. If the domain had multiple backorders and If there were no bids during the auction, then the user who backordered first will have won the auction/domain. If there were bids, then of course the highest bidder won the domain. If you were the only backordering user for the domain, then you won the domain...

I Need more information to provide accurate guidance

•••
If you can PM the domain, I can try to determine what's the status. If it was an expiring domain and backordered at Namejet, someone definitely did get the domain. If the domain had multiple backorders and If there were no bids during the auction, then the user who backordered first will have won the auction/domain. If there were bids, then of course the highest bidder won the domain. If you were the only backordering user for the domain, then you won the domain...

I Need more information to provide accurate guidance

I sent you a message.

•••
•••
•••
that's weird. it didn't go on auction at namejet and yet it's owned by someone new. Hm. Do you think that within the last few mins of auction, someon bid? That's how aucitons go, unfortunately.

Everyone's always waiting for that last 5 mins to put in a bid of 6 mil usd.

•••
that's weird. it didn't go on auction at namejet and yet it's owned by someone new. Hm. Do you think that within the last few mins of auction, someon bid? That's how aucitons go, unfortunately.

From what I could determine, this was a partner registrar expired domain so partner renewed it for auction. since auction wasn't successful, they will likely go for refund delete after which the domain will go in to standard expired-delete process

•••
I just checked again and it appears the domain was sold at the last minute (or through another means). Unless Op picked it. Also noticed that the create date for the domain is 2013 which implies it wasn't an expired auction (Domain was updated today)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back