IT.COM

SnapNames no longer effective/works?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I know that snapnames merged with namejet and that you should pick one or the other.

So recently I backordered a domain with SN, because years ago they had success in catching a domain for me.

I thought I was in good hands so when I didn't receive an email around the drop date I assumed it either got renewed or caught by another company.

A week later I got curious and decided to do a WHOIS and the domain was available for general registration! I hand regged it, and to this day the domain is still in a pending action for backorder in my snapnames account.

Note: this is not a review of snapnames, I am interested in seeing if anybody else has this experience. I need to dropcatch another expiring domain now and even though snapnames won a domain for me years ago, this strange recent experience has made me wonder whether to use them, or if it's maybe a glitch and to still try namejet, or something else entirely.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

best to backorder at both places

but I recently won a name I BO'd at snap

imo….

•••
I don't know if they have any issue but it took a week to receive a reply from their support

•••
I don't know if they have any issue but it took a week to receive a reply from their support

support, is an issue with "web.com" in general
as I and others have has issues with namejet CS

imo...

•••
Hi

best to backorder at both places

but I recently won a name I BO'd at snap

imo….

A lot of people have said if you backorder at both, you open up a bid war against yourself and it goes to auction instead of you just getting it if you are the only bidder.

•••
Must be a glitch or something. snapnames is still pretty good catching expired domains, and it's probably one of the best beside dropcatch dot com.

•••
Yep. I see a few domains not caught by DropCatch being caught by SnapNames, but it's an exception rather than the rule.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back