Dynadot

question Snapnames and Namejet backorders go to same auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So I backordered a domain on Snapnames, then backordered it on Namejet.

I got an email from both companies, saying that there is another bid for the name. So I saw on namejet, the 2 bidders are both me.

What exactly is going on? Which companies actually caught my domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Snapnames = Namejet for pending deletes.

They joined forces, you only need to backorder in one platform going forward.

•••
"To our valued customers,

We are happy to announce a new partnership with NameJet on Pending Delete auctions - SnapNames will now be powering the Drop for NameJet!

So how does this affect you? Since both companies will be integrated for Pending Delete inventory, you no longer have to place a backorder on both platforms to increase your chances of acquiring the name. Through this partnership, we will be able to combine our efforts - meaning an even higher success rate for acquiring the names you want on the Drop.

The most noticeable change will occur if you enter into any multi-bidder auctions for a name through the Drop, as anyone who placed the order for the name on NameJet will be able to participate through NameJet's platform, and will be fully integrated into the auction.

This partnership will not affect any other inventory, like Expiry, Exclusive Partner Auctions or our monthly Showcase Auctions. To get more information and learn how it affects you as a loyal SnapNames customer, please read our FAQs regarding the partnership.

We are excited to team up with another great aftermarket company like NameJet, and look forward to a successful partnership.

Sincerely,
The SnapNames Team"

I prefer SnapNames because the backorder deadline is later.

•••
I'm seeing in the Snapnames bidding lists quite often bidders with names like this "nj-***", which are bidders from Namejet. So the bidding from both platforms plays actually in one place.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back