IT.COM

[Snapnames] Auction closed before its ending date?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello there,

I backordered an expired .com domain name at Snapnames,
there were about 4 or 5 bidders in the auction war initially,
the auction should be ended on Jan 14, 2009 12:15 PST but it was closed before its ending date with unknown reason (it disappeared from my auction list already and when I search it at Snapnames, the status shows "closed").

Do you have the same problem like me as mentioned above?
Any feedback will be appreciated,
thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
fleaking

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
is it an already dropped name?

•••
cache said:
is it an already dropped name?
Yes,
it was deleted and caught by Snapnames on Jan 11.

•••
It may have been a (potential) TM issue one that someone has contacted them about ? , if so they would email you...as far as I know.

I have never seen it happen apart from that.

Last edited:
•••
Might have been redeemed.

•••
The person even after its dropped has a few days to get it back but they have to pay something lie $80, that's probably what happened.

•••
This has happened a few times to me too. With most names I had checked the Whois before bidding, and then again after it disappeared from my bidding panel. Since the owner remained the same, I assumed (like the above comments) that the original owner had renewed even after the supposed drop. I have heard of redemption fees in the $80-$100 range from most registrars to do this.

•••
It would be nice if Snapnames could inform us and give the details if this happens. :!:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back