Domain Empire

SKYPE.xx what to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
:hi:

skype, netscape and compuserve with .xx country extensions. Niether company exists there.

What can I do with those domains? Is there a risk of running into legal problems with the above companies?

Thanks! :?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Kristof said:
What can I do with those domains? Is there a risk of running into legal problems with the above companies?

I really would not risk doing this. Big companies always win, and If they havent got their names, if they see you register them, they may decide that they want it.

And make no mistake, they WILL win! It's cybersquatting!

- Luke

•••
I don't want the trouble.

I got those domains by an accident so to speak and now after reading all those infringment cases, I just want to get rid of them. :'(

•••
Kristof said:
I don't want the trouble.

I got those domains by an accident so to speak and now after reading all those infringment cases, I just want to get rid of them. :'(
How do you get them by accident?

I want sex.com and poker.com "by accident"...

:p

Just curious

-Steve

•••
ebay is extremely tough in cybersquatting, I wouldn't risk it.

•••
I would gladly switch mine for sex.com or business.com

The reason that I posted my message is that I seek advice.

I hope there will be someone that can feed me with some possible solutions.

•••
Kristof said:
I hope there will be someone that can feed me with some possible solutions.

Don't do anythin with them, and let them quitely expire..
If someone from those companies contact you then just transfer the domains to them.

Don't try to sell or develop them in any way, and you shouldn'tend up in any trouble (hopefully).. :)

•••
Redleg said:
Don't do anythin with them, and let them quitely expire..
If someone from those companies contact you then just transfer the domains to them.
That's precisely what I'd advise you to do also.

•••
If you're really worried, you can contact your registrar to cancel the registration. They won't refund your money, but they should be able to un-register the domains.

•••
armstrong said:
If you're really worried, you can contact your registrar to cancel the registration. They won't refund your money, but they should be able to un-register the domains.

Just let them fade into oblivion or just do as armstrong says.

If you created a fan or support site, you might recieve recognition from them and get lots of ad hungry hits?

•••
Jiblob said:
I really would not risk doing this. Big companies always win, and If they havent got their names, if they see you register them, they may decide that they want it.

And make no mistake, they WILL win! It's cybersquatting!

- Luke
Yea, and now ebay owns skype they are even bigger :(

•••

Please check you inbox.
I've sent you some info :)

Last edited:
•••
Let them ALL go or you'll be sued from here to timbuktoo. Why can people not understand you absolutely 100% never ever register the domain of a well known company or trademark, what is hard about that?

The more domains you have violating these rules will count strongly against you in court, and they CAN present your other violations like this in court.

•••
It does really annoy me domains should be first come first server.

But yes the best thing to do if you have the domain is to hand it over. Chances of us folk beating a corporate company with huge money backing is slim to none

•••
Shorty said:
Let them ALL go or you'll be sued from here to timbuktoo. Why can people not understand you absolutely 100% never ever register the domain of a well known company or trademark, what is hard about that?
I too would love to know why the heck people would do this.

•••
dc1pop said:
It does really annoy me domains should be first come first server.
But they are first come first serve. Just like trademark registrations :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back