IT.COM

Sites Down - Hosting Company Won't Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all

I really need some help.

Last week, Hostgator shut down one of my sites for server overload. I disabled & deleted some of the plugin's that were causing the overload, HG reviewed and supposedly told me the site was live again.

The next day, I got emails from my subscribers telling me they couldn't access the site. I contacted HG again, I was told by the tech that the site was live and he could view it both normally and through a proxy server, and since I could do the same, I thought it was just one of those things.

Fast forward 3 days, and still my subscribers can't view the site, either normally or through a proxy server, I get onto HG again, and am told again that nothing wrong with my site.

+ 1 day and still the same complaints from my readers, contact HG again, am told that maybe we all need to flush our DNS's, and was told to re-propogate my nameservers, which I've done.

Asked my readers to flush their DNS's, and they still can't view the site.

Am getting tired of this, can anyone help?.:'(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you speaking of the sites listed in your signature? From what I can see the sites look like they are active but you are being forwarded to a permission based error. Were the sites restored, if so maybe the sites were restored with the wrong folder permissions.

•••
Thanks for your reply, no the site in question was a high trafficked adult site, but the sites in my signature are not accessible to me either, I get the same error as you, and these sites had no problems, they just happen to be on the same shared hosting as my adult site which was suspended!.

Are you speaking of the sites listed in your signature? From what I can see the sites look like they are active but you are being forwarded to a permission based error. Were the sites restored, if so maybe the sites were restored with the wrong folder permissions.

•••
Normally if a site is suspended by HostGator they would have a landing page saying it was suspended. I would hop onto a live chat session with there support team and let them know there is something wrong with the privileges on your account. Let them know the issue they are normally good at fixing it. If they don't ask to speak to a manager and escalate the issue. They will take care of you!

•••
Are you on a shared plan? It might be time to upgrade your hosting.

CertifiedHosting is great, and allows adult. They do managed servers, meaning they take care of everything. If you're looking for unmanaged, where you manage the server yourself, I recommend SecuredServers.

coupons for both at www.WebmasterCoupons.net

•••
i agree that it may be time to upgrade, however, i would only go with a dedicated server if even a VPS couldn't handle your sites load. So maybe if you are going to upgrade, maybe try a vps out. but one with at least 1 GB of ram so you can install the packages you would need to run your site.

Or even split your sites up on multiple shared hosting account??? it's worth a try, and cheaper than a VPS or even a Dedi.

Are you on a shared plan? It might be time to upgrade your hosting.

CertifiedHosting is great, and allows adult. They do managed servers, meaning they take care of everything. If you're looking for unmanaged, where you manage the server yourself, I recommend SecuredServers.

coupons for both at www.WebmasterCoupons.net

•••
Yes, I'm on a shared plan and to be honest, I just put up an adult blog to see what kind of traffic I could generate, I suppose I got my answer!. :red:

I will get with their support again, I do remember now that the 1st person I talked to told me that my permissions on my index files had been changed and so he had to change them again, wonder if that is the issue?.:|

•••
I think that you need to choose another, more stable web hosting provider that will give you 24/7 support and best performance to your web sites. Read customer hosting reviews, before to make any final order.

•••
I hear you loud & clear!. After the 8th time speaking to a tech at HG, she finally figured out (what the other 7 fools couldn't) that the very 1st tech didn't lift ALL my security permissions, so I went through all this trouble and it was an issue on their part.:rolleyes:

I think that you need to choose another, more stable web hosting provider that will give you 24/7 support and best performance to your web sites. Read customer hosting reviews, before to make any final order.

•••
I hear you loud & clear!. After the 8th time speaking to a tech at HG, she finally figured out (what the other 7 fools couldn't) that the very 1st tech didn't lift ALL my security permissions, so I went through all this trouble and it was an issue on their part.:rolleyes:

Good to hear they got your issue sorted out! :D

•••
I vote to migrate your site to a dedicated hosting in another company...

•••
I think that it is high time to change your hosting provider!

I have seen many attractive deals here on this forum in web hosting offers section.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back