Dynadot

Simple SEO Experiment

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Got a simple experiment and here's the result.

I created 2 websites with the same content

1. mydomain.com
2. mydomain.net

1. Mydomain.com was posted to more than 300 article directories, 100 forums, 100 social bookmarks, and 100 blogs in just 1 months - got more than 4000 backlinks.

2. Mydomain.net was submitted to top 5 article directories, do a little than 20 forum signatures, less than 20 blogs, and less than 20 social bookmarks in 1 month.

After 2 months
1. Mydomain.com - 5000+ backlinks
2. Mydomain.net - around 600 backlinks

After 4 months that I stopped promoting both websites (both are earning in CPA with the latter having a little more earnings)

1. Mydomain.com 0 PR
2. Mydomain.net PR 4

I am not an expert on SEO but my knowledge is and experience is enough to deal with competition, and based on the above experiment, I think its better to focus on gradual promotion, not like by flooding of backlinks..... Although both sites are on first page of Google, I still prefer the one that has PR....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for posting! I have never liked shortcuts - even if they work now, you never know if they will in the future...

•••
Thanks for sharing your results.

What about the other factors such as

1. Domain Age
2. Domain Development History
3. Did you use the same on page SEO etc

•••
Hi,

yeah new and unique experiment in seo field.

•••
for mydomain.com did you use any of those spammy SEO softwares that submit your site to 1000's of places with one click? If you did, maybe Google penalised your site....

•••
I created 2 websites with the same content

One of them would be considered a duplicate and deprecated accordingly.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back