IT.COM

SEO is free: Have you tried doing this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I tried and I succeed.....

Last April I started selling clickbank products and I did a small experiment. Since I don't want to spend money on PPC (I am not used to spend money on advertising and promotion), I decided to do it all free..

Here's what I did:

>> I picked a CB product with a very high competitive keyword (around 2M search volume per month)...

>> I posted a review of this product on my blog. The review has 18 tags (highly competitive keywords)

>> I started posting in social bookmarks and forums (around 200 total posts) directing to this page...

>> Sales started to come but those are only from visitors who found my link on forums and social bookmarks - I wasn't satisfied.

>> I created 50 blogs at blogger.com and interlinked each blog.

>> I started writing reviews for this product on those 50 blogs. The reviews I made mostly in 2 to 3 paragraphs with one keyword (each review) pointing to the main review page (my blog). I made different reviews for all those keywords on tags of my main product article. I made countless reviews with hyperlinked keywords.

>> The main review page on my blog (as the beneficiary of all those reviews) was easily moving it's position on google and hit the 3rd place on 1st page this month (with the main keyword)

>> This page alone is making 5 to 8 sales per day... 1 sale = $32 commission...

What do you think of this process... Do you think it is good? I don't consider it spamming because the reviews I posted on this 50 blogs are all sensible and useful...

I never spent any penny (of course blogger is free) and in addition, I earned more than $300 from these 50 blogs since I started doing it (purpose is for backlinks and not for adsense)... not a big amount but the main point here is the ranking of my main review page... which got PR 2 in latest PR update... some of those blogs got PR1 and 2 too...

Have you tried doing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's best if you will try it with other internet marketing forms such as affiliate marketing and CPA.

•••
nice info! sounds pretty good..

•••
nice! thanks for sharing this info!

•••
how much time does it take to write a review, create 200 posts in social bookmarks and forums, create 50 blogs on blogger and interlink them into a linkfarm, write reviews for the product on all 50 blogs, make different reviews for all those keywords on tags, make "countless" reviews with hyperlinked keywords, ...?

:blink:

•••
how much time does it take to write a review, create 200 posts in social bookmarks and forums, create 50 blogs on blogger and interlink them into a linkfarm, write reviews for the product on all 50 blogs, make different reviews for all those keywords on tags, make "countless" reviews with hyperlinked keywords, ...?

For me it sounds like an eternity. :'(

•••

200 posts in social bookmarks takes 2 days... not full time...

50 blogs on blogger takes around 2 months at 1 to 3 blogs a day including 5 to 8 review articles in each of the blog. Review articles only around 80 to 100 characters.. not necessarily grammatically perfect.. purpose is backlink and not for everyone's reading..

Not actually a linkfarm... all links are on sidebar and no duplicate links...

All in all, the time I spent is around 3 months but not full time..

It is difficult to think but if you are doing it in slowly pace, the result is highly rewarding... I don't think you can consider it a linkfarm.. there is no duplicate link and duplicate keywords...

•••
Not actually a linkfarm... all links are on sidebar and no duplicate links...

I don't think you can consider it a linkfarm.. there is no duplicate link and duplicate keywords...
but
>> I created 50 blogs at blogger.com and interlinked each blog.

I earned more than $300 from these 50 blogs since I started doing it (purpose is for backlinks and not for adsense)... not a big amount but the main point here is the ranking of my main review page.
and according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_farm said:
... a link farm is any group of web sites that all hyperlink to every other site in the group. Although some link farms can be created by hand, most are created through automated programs and services.
and
http://www.webmasterglossary.net/ said:
Link farm is a large group of web pages created that contain hyperlinks to one another or a specific other page. Link farms are normally created by programs, rather than by human beings.
also note that both of these point out that such tedious tasks are usually done by automated programs for whatever reason.

making $300 in 3 months isn't bad (money is money!) but i think that the time spent isn't all that worth it, especially given how all the time can just go to waste instantly. google already has a history of not liking affiliate networks, and creating a link farm to promote an affiliate network is just asking for it.

•••
I understand the consequences and still studying more.. If google robot crawl one of these blogs, it will not detect any linkfarm there because posts are properly categorized and formatted.. Anyway, let's see it in the longrun... The purpose is not for adsense anyway so adsense is not a big deal... purpose if to promote my main affiliate page through SEO..

•••
lol yes, you can trick google, the company that hires phd students to write javascript (which is easy).

•••
So basically you're creating a lot of doorway pages. Good idea ... UNTIL Google footprints your network, bans your site(s) and blacklists your domain. If your site is prominent in the SERPS one of your competitors may clue them in and speed up the process.

Doorway pages are typically large sets of poor-quality pages where each page is optimized for a specific keyword or phrase. In many cases, doorway pages are written to rank for a particular phrase and then funnel users to a single destination.

Whether deployed across many domains or established within one domain, doorway pages tend to frustrate users, and are in violation of our webmaster guidelines.

source: Cloaking, sneaky Javascript redirects, and doorway pages - Webmasters/Site owners Help

Google is OK with affiliate sites IF they add value and stick to the quality guidelines.

•••
You are sharing a good information about CB, i tried to use CB but i did not success :(

•••
The blogs that I have though have short posts have quality values and useful information... I don't think it will be a problem..

•••
I tried it and I elevated from SEO to SEM.

•••
•••
Thanks for the great share.

•••
•••
Hi..
Such a useful information and thanks for the tutorials...

•••
What you've been doing is called the Linkwheel Method.

Many SEO experts claim that it doesn't work, and that it's just a waste of time. But if it did work for you, you proved them wrong. ;)

•••
google calls it a link farm, lol.

if it is working then remember to save some of that money up because google doesn't like link farms.

•••
well, google just do whatever they want, let me try it on my site.

•••
I have a project where I have 1 major domain, and create a site a day (with a different domain, same hosting provider) that links to it.

Its like... a main site that is a web design company and hundreds of sites that are webdesign by the web design company advising who created the site.

Is this considered a link farm? I'm not intending to generate pagerank/SEO/link farms. It just works well when I tell my viewers who made the site. I would hate to be blacklisted by a google robot without being able to explain what I'm doing.

•••
Whatever Google calls it I don't care as long as I maintain the ranks of keywords.. :) Googl;e is not perfect and have a lot of glitches..

•••
Yes

I have a project where I have 1 major domain, and create a site a day (with a different domain, same hosting provider) that links to it.

Its like... a main site that is a web design company and hundreds of sites that are webdesign by the web design company advising who created the site.

Is this considered a link farm? I'm not intending to generate pagerank/SEO/link farms. It just works well when I tell my viewers who made the site. I would hate to be blacklisted by a google robot without being able to explain what I'm doing.

Yes , it is called building a linkfarm or linkwheel . You are actually farming or making backlinks for you thru these sites . There is 1 thing you could do .. Mention your main site in these other sites but don't hyperlink them . And in your main site just make portfolio and link to these other sites.

For more info just PM me.

•••
hello

i have tried .. all the things... on page seo and off page.. i think on page and off page both are important .. on page i will say 25% and off page.. is 75%..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back