NameSilo

SEO is free: Have you tried doing this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I tried and I succeed.....

Last April I started selling clickbank products and I did a small experiment. Since I don't want to spend money on PPC (I am not used to spend money on advertising and promotion), I decided to do it all free..

Here's what I did:

>> I picked a CB product with a very high competitive keyword (around 2M search volume per month)...

>> I posted a review of this product on my blog. The review has 18 tags (highly competitive keywords)

>> I started posting in social bookmarks and forums (around 200 total posts) directing to this page...

>> Sales started to come but those are only from visitors who found my link on forums and social bookmarks - I wasn't satisfied.

>> I created 50 blogs at blogger.com and interlinked each blog.

>> I started writing reviews for this product on those 50 blogs. The reviews I made mostly in 2 to 3 paragraphs with one keyword (each review) pointing to the main review page (my blog). I made different reviews for all those keywords on tags of my main product article. I made countless reviews with hyperlinked keywords.

>> The main review page on my blog (as the beneficiary of all those reviews) was easily moving it's position on google and hit the 3rd place on 1st page this month (with the main keyword)

>> This page alone is making 5 to 8 sales per day... 1 sale = $32 commission...

What do you think of this process... Do you think it is good? I don't consider it spamming because the reviews I posted on this 50 blogs are all sensible and useful...

I never spent any penny (of course blogger is free) and in addition, I earned more than $300 from these 50 blogs since I started doing it (purpose is for backlinks and not for adsense)... not a big amount but the main point here is the ranking of my main review page... which got PR 2 in latest PR update... some of those blogs got PR1 and 2 too...

Have you tried doing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
God, you must Hard work 9 and day and call that free.......I think not a lot people willing to try....hard like that.....No thank.

•••
i call this black hat seo

•••
So inspiring..
Thanks for sharing with us.

•••
Just awesome man!
i know its a bit long process and i think for me, it will take me a month to complete this. maybe i will hire writers to write the review :P
interlinking about 100s of blogs with the reviews is a hard work. but then you get about $32x30 per month that is about $1000 per month! WOAH !

•••
We all know where this ends, google dose a monthly re tweak of it's algorithm and it all ends in tears.
What works today, dose not tomorrow.

But if your making money now, thats a plus though, good luck to you.

•••
Have you been to the seochat (dot) com forums? Lots of information. I joined a harvard program called "folding". Some are saying 10.000 hours to be good at it. Geesh I could well be in the ground by then. I do not think I have that much time to apply to learning good SEO.

•••
Yes I have tried this method it is not effective as blog commenting or forum posting. but it gives a little push if you have duplicate content it wont work either so you have alot of work writing blog posts to all those 50 blogs. thats my opinion though.

•••
sound really great.. It's best if you will try it with other internet marketing forms such as affiliate marketing and CPA.

•••
sound really great.. It's best if you will try it with other internet marketing forms such as affiliate marketing and CPA.

why?

•••
Thanks for the info. Great post. I will try this on my site.

•••
proved to be very useful...
nice post thanks..

•••
There are so many ways to generate traffic it is hard to know where to start!

It is important to remember that nothing is instantaneous and it takes time and effort to drive traffic. Even with a big budget, it isn't always easy!

1) PPC can be a good, reasonably fast driver but it costs money, especially if you are in a competitive niche.
2) Submit to search engines - all of them, not just the majors.
3) Get links to your site from others - backlinks.
4) Post/comment on blogs and forums - make sure you post informative and useful replies, not hard sell or "nice post" type comments
5) Write high quality unique content and promote it widely - ezine article marketing etc
6) Set up a mailing list
7) Do a joint venture with someone with a high traffic site
8) Give away freebies, discounts, coupons etc
9) Create youtube video, add photos to flickr
10) Get social - join groups on Facebook, set up a Twitter feed, create a network on Linked in etc.

WebAgentsPro | WebAgentsPro

•••
Cool, thanks for the info

•••
silveraden; said:
I tried and I succeed.....

>> I created 50 blogs at blogger.com and interlinked each blog.

?

It seems dangerous as same platform blogs shouldn't be use to share links. If google detects it ,they will blacklist the links.

•••
thanks for the info man....
such a knowledgable posts are hard to find..:bingo:

•••
Sounds Good! Yes it's very true that now strategies of Google has been changed a lot and got more rigid than before. It's not so easy to achieve and keep holding high ranking position of your site against a moderate competitive keywords. But still posting unique contents in Blogs and then social bookmarking them is obviously a great idea!

•••
what you trying for can you share with me in searching to implement new in my site also .

•••
Is this any differrent than using articles or Q&A sites to post info about your website? Does google frown upon article marketing in this way?

•••
Yeah very good technique & your progress is good.Congrats.Try other methods of internet marketing to boost your selling.

•••
It is best for affiliate marketing. :lol:

•••
Good method for short term profit, however Google usually detects the link farm and you get sand boxed. However, I cannot deny if you take the time to set this up properly there are huge profits to be made in the short run.

•••
You should have avoided instensive backlinking from so much blogspot blogs, wait till Google finds out that all the blogs belong to you and after that they will ban your blogs as well maybe your adsense etc account, deindex your site etc etc. I think it is better keeping away from black hat techniques like these. In the short run you will make profit no doubt but it will spoil your impression in front of Google for your whole Cyber-life

•••
Congrats mate. I also tried SEO.

I had fun doing this thing. I enjoy learning things about it at Forums. I also tried blogging and promoting my blogs to related niche sites.

You can also earn money through SEO. I knew some country used to call it as a Profession.

Keep Learning! Good Luck to us! :hehe:

•••
I have a project where I have 1 major domain, and create a site a day (with a different domain, same hosting provider) that links to it.

Its like... a main site that is a web design company and hundreds of sites that are webdesign by the web design company advising who created the site.

Is this considered a link farm? I'm not intending to generate pagerank/SEO/link farms. It just works well when I tell my viewers who made the site. I would hate to be blacklisted by a google robot without being able to explain what I'm doing.

I think you will be alright.

Web design companies have been putting a little "Designed by XXX Web Design" link on their clients pages for years without any problems. I guess as long as what you're doing is innocent (and it sounds like it is) you should be fine.

As for the opening posters SEO strategy.... I don't like it. From a web surfers point of view we dont need 50 blog posts written by the same person that we have to sift through to find what we want - and thats the whole reason why Google has to have systems that try to catch this kind of behaviour. Even if all the blog posts are different, they would all have the same point of view - which brings nothing new and useful to a web surfer.

Stay on Googles good side by having an 'innocent' SEO strategy and I think you will see gradual, but more consistent and better results over the longer term.

•••
God, you must Hard work 9 and day and call that free.......I think not a lot people willing to try....hard like that.....No thank.

Yeah you're right. It's not free anymore.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back