NameSilo

Silicon Valley: Did Hooli.xyz rebrand to Hooli.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
For those who watch the HBO hit show Silicon Valley, you might be familiar with Pied Pipers rival company Hooli.

August 10th, 2015 - Google hides an Easter Egg related to Hooli.xyz

upload_2016-6-1_1-22-29.png

April 26th, 2016: Archive.org reported Hooli.xyz redirecting to Hooli.com
upload_2016-6-1_1-53-7.png

xyz.PNG
<<< to >>>
upload_2016-6-1_1-28-49.png

May 29th, 2016: Last scene of the last aired episode Season 3, Episode 6.

upload_2016-6-1_1-40-5.png
As it appears Hooli has now said Aloha to .XYZ: What should the owner of Aloha.xyz, think about the future of .XYZ and it's branding power?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
And I thought no one was seeing this... What a show it is :)

It got me with as soon as they announced the "Miss Palo Alto" in the first couple of episodes...

I haven't picked up on the easter eggs (didn't even knew they existed about this show) but I'll tell you in on a little secret: PiedPiper (.com) was available when I first discovered the show... :P

•••
I haven't picked up on the easter eggs (didn't even knew they existed about this show)

Well, I don't know of many Silicon Valley easter eggs, though, I added some easter eggs in this thread via hidden links...

I'll tell you in on a little secret: PiedPiper (.com) was available when I first discovered the show... :P

Dude, thanks for sharing!

Did you know: Erlich Bachman found Aviato on Namerific? ;)

upload_2016-6-4_13-12-46.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
After seeing it was available, did you register it?

Look what I've just found about Aviato - https://www.quora.com/Silicon-Valley-TV-series-What-is-the-story-behind-Aviato

LOOOL, how cool!

About the registration: "sadly" it isn't mine... I haven't registered it at the time because I was afraid of any kind of copyright infringement or a cease and desist case against me... Not really sure how realistic it is to think that it would have happened but I chose not to go for it...

:)

•••
•••
DUDE! Thanks for sharing! I still need to watch last nights episode ☮

I'm considering channeling my inner Erlich > reaching out to the astute members of the internet > collaborating with like minded individuals > and having a house full of domainers and other contributing intellectuals. ;)

Glad you liked it :)

You should do that, but be careful about your assets and the type of business partnership you'll setup... As explained to Erlich and Big Head, a partnership (like they've set it up=) is like marriage... Choose wisely my friend ahahah :)

•••
•••
but I'll tell you in on a little secret: PiedPiper (.com) was available when I first discovered the show... :P

PiedPiper.com was registered in 1996. Must have been a glitch with the registrar.

•••
PiedPiper.com was registered in 1996. Must have been a glitch with the registrar.

Didn't knew that :P... Damn, I should have tried to register "google.com" too aahahah :)

•••
Did Richard just say, Grills is offensive?

The below video is members of the supporting cast of SIlicon Valley talk made up start ups...

@Miguel Ferreira @Zandibot @Traveler @NameClerk.com @Zoltan P. @ All other Silicon Valley fans who I forgot to tag / didn't know you were a fan due to lack of activity in this thread ;)

Last edited:
•••
A funny recap of season 3 (minus the finale)

•••
•••
Can't wait for it to start again... Some people on Quora are actually referring to it as kind of truthful (though really over the top obviously) about the whole Silicon Valey hype which is both Funny and Terrifying to think some companies are just getting funding to do nothing with it.... (Sorry Theranos)

•••
B-) Aloha B-)

Any Domainers out there have a spare bed room for rent :?: preferably in the bay area

If so, send me a PM :!: I'd like to live / work with other full time domainers. I'm currently backpacking in the NW Washington area, but am having back issues, and need to call this summer journey short and get back to work. Silicon valley is preferred, though, I am open to anywhere if the conditions are right.

•••
Update: I'm in Silicon Valley and looking to call some place besides the Marriott home.

#ChannelYourInnerErlich

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back