278 888 889
667 788 998
678 888 889
878 888 998
885 888 788
278 888 889

What do you guys think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Have we even reached a floor for 8n's? Or seven? When did we get to 9n?

•••
•••
Have we even reached a floor for 8n's? Or seven? When did we get to 9n?

When you reach the "floor" in one level, all the good stuff is already gone in the next.

At the same time, there is no good reason every 8N+ should ever be registered. Only the best patterns and good uses of "8"'s should be considered.

At this point, all of the obvious and best patterns are gone from 8N. I think we're starting to see people even grasping a little for great patterns in 9N. ;) With 9N, a "genre" of 1 billion possibilities... only the best patterns will survive and appreciate. IMHO, of course.

•••
Not a huge beleiver in 9n but I do own one
888883898.com

•••
I have never registered a hyphen domain and don't recommend it but just registered the following 9N with hyphen names as would make sense on billboard or much easier to remember as a brandable? 9N can be very hard to remember if it doesn't have a good pattern... I've made some good ROI recently so will hold these for a few years and see how it goes??? I see Chinese have a few also and nothing surprises me which isn't the usual for future sales...

I remember watching one of Rick S videos and he mentioned hyphen thats a memorable... So what the heck I've got these...

222-888-888.com
333-888-888.com
555-888-888.com
666-888-888.com
777-888-888.com
999-888-888.com
888-888-999.com
888-999-999.com

•••
222-888-888.com
333-888-888.com
555-888-888.com
666-888-888.com
777-888-888.com
999-888-888.com
888-888-999.com
888-999-999.com
good approach there. I think to sell these off you would have to contact an end user yourself. Point being in my opinion these won't do well in an auction I suppose. But great combinations there nonetheless!

•••
good approach there. I think to sell these off you would have to contact an end user yourself. Point being in my opinion these won't do well in an auction I suppose. But great combinations there nonetheless!

I agree the odds of these selling is very slim especially at present time and I will need 9N/10N key combinations to sell out and be sort after with consecutive 8N...

I'll wait a few years and if I cant sell them within 5 years they will go into the trash (dropped)... I've put $ aside for very speculative potential niche sales this is one of them. No harm in trying something different...

Less than 9 months ago 6N was considered trash and now 5-10N are getting snapped up on the drops... Anything could happen in the numeric market in the future with hyphens???

•••
No harm in trying something different...
very true. I am working a similar approach on the 5Ls these days. Reg'd some decent combos and still pursuing. Its crazy for a new guy like me to try and comprehend this chaos going on right now.

Trying to put a method to this madnesss :)

•••
very true. I am working a similar approach on the 5Ls these days. Reg'd some decent combos and still pursuing. Its crazy for a new guy like me to try and comprehend this chaos going on right now.

Trying to put a method to this madnesss :)

When registering 5N you will have a better resale if they are CHIPS ( No a,e,i,o,u, v ) or that it forms some type of word or very good letter patterns. Google Translate can help with CHIPS https://translate.google.com.au/#zh-CN/en/cmdx or use namebio.com to view recent 5L sales for a basic idea of what is selling as sometimes you can pick up great deals on NP auctions and then resell...

Since you are new read read and read as its very easy to buy but selling gets easier the more you do it...

.Com is king and I would recommend it first. Maybe put $50 aside for other tlds and maybe get a couple of LLLL.biz CHIPS and sell one a couple of months for $20 instead of $8 just to get practice of buying and selling :)

What ever you do don't register hyphens as i did as im prepared to loose that speculative investment.

Good luck mate...

•••
.Com is king and I would recommend it first
Thanks for the very pragmatic advice there mate. Yes, I registered a couple of 7Ns last month and sold them but I guess sold them a little earlier. If I would have patiently sat for those 7Ns , I would have gotten a great deal out of it. Newbie syndrome I guess.

Reading, reading, reading. Trying to catch up. Bought some 9Ns too with decent patterns and this time I will wait for it to get to decent floor price.

The translating tool is awesome. Now I can really get onto it. I am thinking of buying in bulk if I get decent 5L combos.

•••
•••
Thanks for the very pragmatic advice there mate. Yes, I registered a couple of 7Ns last month and sold them but I guess sold them a little earlier. If I would have patiently sat for those 7Ns , I would have gotten a great deal out of it. Newbie syndrome I guess.

Reading, reading, reading. Trying to catch up. Bought some 9Ns too with decent patterns and this time I will wait for it to get to decent floor price.

The translating tool is awesome. Now I can really get onto it. I am thinking of buying in bulk if I get decent 5L combos.

how much did u sell your 7n for back then.?just curious

i wonder what will happen next year.

•••

Just remember when it comes to bulk purhcases within the year you will need to sell enough to cover your purchasing costs and also renewal fees otherwise you will be doing it at a loss and it can add up fast without a plan... Most of us who have been domaining for years will tell you that probably 80% of newbie domainers will make a loss at the first year by having too much inventory...

I'm sure you are smart enough and probably already aware of it. If i can help others to have a good start it is a good contribution to the domaining community :) IMO

•••
I'm sure you are smart enough and probably already aware of it. If i can help others to have a good start it is a good contribution to the domaining community :) IMO
Well you have already contributed in that regard. I bought 80 domains last month and sold half of them on a rough estimate $5 - $10 profit on each. One of them I sold at a $90 profit. I know its not enough but from a newbie perspective its pretty motivating.

My main work is to build authority sites & affiliate marketing but recently my business partner (Sohaib Hasan Shah also a member of NP) introduced me to domain names. We both got hooked since :)

•••
A great post & all the above names are awesome - wish you all high sales :)

Heres my Memorable 9N .Com

667788899.Com

•••
Forgot i have 238888823.com also.

•••
have any of you sold any 9n .com names yet for more than reg fee?

•••
•••
678 888 876
789 999 987
.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back