IT.COM

discuss Showcase Domains you Reg. Let expire. And NO ONE reg after? LOL

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
This is basically a thread about your "mistake domains". you know the ones you regged when you FIRST started domaining.

We've all been there. It's fun to have a laugh at your own mistakes. Roast yourself! If you can't take it then you are in the WRONG Business! This business is NOT for the Meek or Timid or thin skinned.

It's fun to reminsce! Have a laugh and reflect how your mistakes made you a success today. or not.

I'm sure none of the self appointed experts who've ever negatively commented on my domain choices will post here lol. I doubt they'll admit they've made poor domain choices ever.

Only one thing to say about that.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

a 2000 year old saying that is still relevant 2000+ years later.

This saying can be updated to say

"let he (or she) who is without mistakes (in domaining) cast the first stone."

Here's one of mine (Below) (one of many I'm sure many will agree here. lol)

GameInfiltrator.com thought it would be go since there is GameInformer.com!

so what's yours!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yet another thrilling thread! Just take a look at the appraisal section if you want ideas about what not to register.

•••
oh I know what not to register "now" not necessary. and yes Capt Obvious. anyone can check that section and any other section for that matter. this is not about INFO friend. it's about who on NP can take a jab at themselves for their mistakes. and for experts to come clean about their mistake domains.

Newbies can learn from the replies here. if there will be any.

this thread will show who CAN admit their mistakes and who CAN'T.

Everyone started domaining at some point. not everyone started domaining as Pro.

so logic dictates all domainers screwed up at some point.

If you post your mistakes here and the fact that your domain after you let it drop was never reg again? proves it was a total failure.

I think this thread won't be about who posts their mistakes. actually tell you the truth every domainer EVER should post at least ONE domain on here.

But what will REALLY STAND out? are the Experts who DON'T post here.

Because any domainer who says they never made a mistake in domaining

IS LYING.

it's not the serious. you are welcome to check other threads and not troll mine. and I as far as I can tell you did not mention your "mistake" domain? so again you are not contributing here. so I am within my right to report this thread. yes?

but let me be the better man and let you go on.

Thanks for the visit! :xf.grin:

Gotta love my groupies!

Last edited:
•••
I think this was the first domain I reg'd. It's that bad I shouldn't even mention it, but hey, we've got to start somewhere.

I'd advise anyone with a weak stomach to look away now!. Here it goes, ShopOnDotCom.co.uk :wtf:

I've still got it. keep it as a reminder of when I started :xf.grin:

•••
I think this was the first domain I reg'd. It's that bad I shouldn't even mention it, but hey, we've got to start somewhere.

I'd advise anyone with a weak stomach to look away now!. Here it goes, ShopOnDotCom.co.uk :wtf:

I've still got it. keep it as a reminder of when I started :xf.grin:

And so it begins!

wow! nice! hey it's not that bad. can be sold to some older English Gent who doesn't know any better. lol Good luck!

and thanks for the post!

anyone else?

•••
My mistakes in domaining is the other way round as i have let a few expire and they keep getting bought aftef i let tbem expire

•••
My mistakes in domaining is the other way round as i have let a few expire and they keep getting bought aftef i let tbem expire

same here bro!

DebtShred.com
TGOR.com (a year or so before the China buy out. it's priced $8K now)

Thanks for the reply.

That wasn't that bad yes?

•••
I have a few examples, have to dig them up though.

I bought these names, they expired, I remembered them later on and checked again and they were available so I bought them again. These were not necessarily names I was reselling but using for personal projects.

•••
I have a few examples, have to dig them up though.

I bought these names, they expired, I remembered them later on and checked again and they were available so I bought them again. These were not necessarily names I was reselling but using for personal projects.

Thanks. I guess you'd rather not share. lol it's ok. ok so that THREE useful input. very civilized of you CreataWEB.

•••
Thanks. I guess you'd rather not share. lol it's ok. ok so that THREE useful input. very civilized of you CreataWEB.
I will check my spreadsheet, I have a lot of names and am trying to remember which ones these were lol.

(y)

•••
First crap name i regod was globaladds.com back i think in early 2000s dropped it lol

Then dropped pokerholo.com it sold for $1000 plus on auction lol

But we all have regod crap I remember waking up in the morning thinking why did i rego that .

But after few big sales you get the hang of it quick

Last edited:
•••
Some of my first regs (at 1and1, I think :xf.sick:)
SexualSlang.com
DepressionHurts.me O_o
StoreMeat.com

But I also got some okayish ones around that time (also at 1and1 >_>) that I sold on namepros when I joined.
Disfiguration.com
GrowingProblem.com

HotelGazelle.com - I think I wanted to make a site even maybe and got the .net too.
Now the .com is developed. I think I only dropped it because I was sick of trying to work out my problems with 1and1 and forgot to try and pick it up again.

•••
Back in 2006 or so I had Gay Like .US I was offered $75 let it passed because I wanted more. I don't remember if I dropped it or gave it away.

•••
First crap name i regod was globaladds.com back i think in early 2000s dropped it lol

Then dropped pokerholo.com it sold for $1000 plus on auction lol

But we all have regod crap I remember waking up in the morning thinking why did i rego that .

But after few big sales you get the hang of it quick

see to be honest. I did not really "think" about why I created this thread. sometimes thee answer comes after the question. and here it is for all the negative people.

People by nature are nostalgic creatures. they like to remember things good and bad.
and it makes for great story reading

everyone has a story. just gotta coax it out of them with the proper innocent question or discussion. like this one.
Thanks Augmented for sharing. I'm sure some newbie will benefit from it.

including myself.

Last edited:
•••
Back in 2006 or so I had Gay Like .US I was offered $75 let it passed because I wanted more. I don't remember if I dropped it or gave it away.

nice! Gay Like US! great brand like Delic.io.us? or something like that I forget.

•••
should do another one funniest/weirdest name you own mine is

weirdest

uneasiest.com i always say it is the most uneasiest dot com on the internet to remember.

funniest owned once dcks.com

so far for uneasiest.com i have had offers of $3000 for a hand reg after it dropped but i like it and hang onto it a little longer .

Last edited:
•••
raydidG
raydidPG
raydidPG13
raydidR
raydidX
I don't know why I couldn't stop reging these

•••
i did quite a lot when first started, but somehow managed to sell most of them and with profit ! ;) but here is one i always look back and think what the hell was i thinking ! 247sleepy.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back