Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I had no intention to post, but to stop the spread of mis-informaiton. People shouldn't of comment on things they have zero understanding off.

To explain CBD the molecule is open source through the breeders who made it available in around 2012 Ringo (Now deceased) and a Spanish Breeder. All modern day "CBD" offspring is a descendant from one or two of these plant's
  • Cannatonic
  • Harle-Tsu
Whether this will make sense to you or not i'm not sure, the Varietals land-race stock containing high level's of CBG, CBN and CBC*(Most valuable) are wrapped up with trademarks and PBR sequences.

If anybody is familiar with Arable Farming they would understand if you sow Wheat in the ground any offspring from the wheat seed you buy is liable to PBR. Farmer's won't be able to touch any CBG seed until F1 seed from breeders are tightly wrapped up in litigation/pbr

Where Kieth is completely wrong is the extraction process is the same across any molecule. The other Molecules are not open-source, and yes CBG is non-psychoactive. If you have seen the trials available circa 2012-2013 actually you would see CBG more productive with inflammation disorders than CBD, only caveat is CBG is not in the hands of the public(Open-Source) and won't be until PBR ligation is solved for cannabis (Difficult because federally it's illegal)

To completely rubbish what you mentioned, if you were on the inside you would know Chemists/Brewers are making these Cannabinoid molecules in large brewers VATs. Extraction method is not the issue at play, nothing could be further from the truth.

Again to what level this will make any sense to anybody i don't know. Essentially if you have a CBD*** domain you will look like a idiot with time. As more cannabinoids are released into the market.

When they're released is anybody's guess. Will CBG make it into the public domain in the USA? Not before PBR is sorted.

Think of PBR as royalties like in the music industries - once that is solved the release of other molecules will follow suit. If you're lucky enough to hold the landrace stock containing some of the more rare molecules, you can put two and two together why they're not in the public domain. That is all.
You might want to do the slightest bit of research...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...1/why-cbg-cannabigerol-expensive-produce/amp/

One main point from the article -

“It takes thousands of pounds of biomass to create small amounts of CBG isolate,” continues Rowland. “That’s because most hemp only contains minute percentages of CBG, where as there are now hemp strains that contain 20% CBD in the crop. If the CBG content of the same crop is only 1%, that means you need to extract 20 times the amount of biomass to get the same amount of CBG out.”

Last edited:
•••
•••

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...1/why-cbg-cannabigerol-expensive-produce/amp/

“It takes thousands of pounds of biomass to create small amounts of CBG isolate,” continues Rowland. “That’s because most hemp only contains minute percentages of CBG, where as there are now hemp strains that contain 20% CBD in the crop. If the CBG content of the same crop is only 1%, that means you need to extract 20 times the amount of biomass to get the same amount of CBG out.”
Whilst you can only cite google links i can explain it. They're many CBG only varietals infact you can line breed a few variety's in number of generations to only produce CBG. Can i tell you what they're....... Yes............would i............No

i.e
CBD is available in the public domain via
Regular
Feminized
seeds

You cannot buy/purchase any other molecule in seed today without a Material Transfer agreement (Litigation) thus it's not available to the public.

When you see Seed available in Regular or Feminized for other molecules in the public domain you will have "CBG Oil" "CBC oil" and so forth.

Until then........... the CBD craze will continue. I have Zero idea how royalties (PBR) will be worked out for this, it's crazy complicated. It may be CBD only for the next decade or CBG may be open-source next year if a breeder releases it in Regular form (Highly Unlikely) Ringo is dead

Last edited:
•••

You've quoted simply many modern varieties are bred for 20:1 CBD to THC ratio's thus contain no little to no CBG. That i already know.

The landrace varietals are out they're have been since 06, Who will release first is anybody's guess. That's the truth - will it make sense to anybody reading i doubt it. but wanted to make the truth available for those who need it

Last edited:
•••
Cbg domains look to be a good investment imho, I'm gonna get looking around to see what good one's are left .......or going cheap 🤔

•••
Cbg domains look to be a good investment imho, I'm gonna get looking around to see what good one's are left .......or going cheap 🤔
They're next to be released. in-fact they're in circulation not without material transfer agreements though

So likely you'll sell a lot of domains for the new batch of companies who will brand "cbg"........whatever

Enjoy the ride

•••
Better off paying more for stuff the entire world knows of. You can buy .mobi cheap or pay more for .com which has mass awareness. Easy choice!

•••
Better off paying more for stuff the entire world knows of. You can buy .mobi cheap or pay more for .com which has mass awareness. Easy choice!

I've got my eye on one CBG domain listed at sedo 😉

•••
•••
Keith if you think the music stops at CBD. I don't know what to tell you........give up and go home
CBG.PNG

It's available in single molecule, but not open-source. But CBG is next, i think that's the only part domain investors need to hear. Yes CBG is next to be released into the public domain. The molecule has been isolated since early 2015

Nobody will release without (Material transfer agreement/PBR/Litigation) so public domain will be a slow process. Lastly - don't believe what you read 99.9% of it is BS

Last edited:
•••
Lastly - don't believe what you read 99.9% of it is BS
Ain’t that the truth.

We’re talking domains here and the proof is in the pudding. There are no aftermarket cbg sales to speak of.

There are also countless threads touting the next big thing. Then just like what you read, 99% of investors lose their money.

Nobody has sold more pot domains than me. That’s proof enough that I know what I’m talking about.

•••
We’re talking domains here and the proof is in the pudding. There are no aftermarket cbg sales to speak of.
CBG is not in the public domain. I don't know what is difficult to understand about that

You can buy CBD seeds Regular and Feminized in any country around the world. For any other molecule you can't buy in the public domain or if you can purchase it you can't without a material transfer agreement.

Meaning it's release will be anybody's guess, Everybody is holding onto their stock. My genetic stock is in a Vault at a bank. What that IP is worth is anybody's guess

It's the truth, make of it what you will. Again two breeders i know in Oregon are releasing CBG seed/clones next year.

from the production OIL, capsules xyz will be made

Last edited:
•••
CBG is not in the public domain. I don't know what is difficult to understand about that

You can buy CBD seeds Regular and Feminized in any country around the world. For any other molecule you can't buy in the public domain or if you can purchase it you can't without a material transfer agreement.
So this is another one of those, buy now and in a few years it’ll be huge... we’ve seen how these end up.

Pot, Hemp, CBD have been around for decades. In fact, the US government filed a patent for CBD 16 years ago. I agree that the pot space is still new, legally speaking. As far as research goes though, it’s been ongoing forever.

•••
CBC (The most important) cannabinoid, the extraction has been patented by GW Pharma since 2006. It's release will be slow and a legal battle. Only 4 breeders in the world have the seed in pure form

•••
So this is another one of those, buy now and in a few years it’ll be huge... we’ve seen how these end up.

Pot, Hemp, CBD have been around for decades. In fact, the US government filed a patent for CBD 16 years ago. I agree that the pot space is still new, legally speaking. As far as research goes though, it’s been ongoing forever.
To separate fact and fiction
You can't patent CBD
If you understanding Breeding/Biology you would understand, Like a Chili produces capsaicin. You can't patent a molecule a plant produces however you can patent the sequence you arrived at to find express that molecule

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
To separate fact and fiction
You can't patent CBD
If you understanding Breeding/Biology you would understand, Like a Chili produces capsaicin. You can't patent a molecule a plant produces however you can patent the sequence you arrived at to find express that molecule
It’s not fiction at all. I’ll show you one article but there are endless, which are backed up with a little research.

https://stirlingoils.com/blogs/articles/its-true-the-us-government-has-a-cbd-patent

•••
It’s not fiction at all. I’ll show you one article but there are endless, which are backed up with a little research.

https://stirlingoils.com/blogs/articles/its-true-the-us-government-has-a-cbd-patent
Keith you can post whatever you want it doesn't matter.

If you understood the basics you would understand this Cannabis produces Cannabinoids and Chilli's Produce capsaicin - You get the picture.

You can only Patent/Trademark the varietals(IP) and sequences you own. Fact

•••
You can only Patent/Trademark the varietals(IP) and sequences you own. Fact
For anybody making sense of this

If a breeder doesn't want any money/profit from his CBG variety he can release it to the public domain tomorrow and not receive a single penny as Ringo did.

The chances of that happening is.................. the next release of Variety's in public won't happen without strict PBR/Material transfer agreements.

Any non of this will really make any sense to anybody on here, All i can tell you is CBG is next to be released into the public domain for 2020. Farmers have been buying CBG only variety's with strict(Material transfer Agreements)

= You will have CBG OIL

Last edited:
•••
For anybody that has any basic biology knowledge you would understand Open-Pollination meaning Farm A CBG crop could potentially Pollinate fFarm B CBD crop, thus you could have a 1:1 plant in offspring. PBR's/Material transfer agreements prevent's that from happening.

Again the only part Domain Investors need to know is Yes CBG is next in line along with thcV only plants

•••
For anybody that has any basic biology knowledge you would understand Open-Pollination meaning Farm A CBG crop could potentially Pollinate fFarm B CBD crop, thus you could have a 1:1 plant in offspring. PBR's/Material transfer agreements prevent's that from happening.

Again the only part Domain Investors need to know is Yes CBG is next in line along with thcV only plants
Nobody cares about the science of the pot plant. We care about what is popular, what the world knows, and what sells. CBD, hello!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back