Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
imo its pretty amazing how fast "possible names" are being gobbled in this rapidly growing Industry.

Crazy if you think about it. We are watching the Cannabis and Hemp Industry grow before our very eyes. The magnitude of this is kind of mind melting.

Hemp Industry alone is going to be a game changer for America. Job creation across the entire industry will be very well received. The New "Steel"... Full Circle Economics.

FOMO I guess is real ?

Single words long gone unless you able to create a brand new key word for the Cannabis Industry or have a giant wad of cash to throw down.
Strong Two Word .coms seem to be where its at. Browse the web. Many companies are TWO Word , if not a Third thrown into the mix.

WOMEN Cannabis related names are really kind of tuff to create, anything thats possibly worth registering. again imo.
Glad I was able to get a couple in before the buzzer. Women related.

Just really excited to see where this takes us all.
Common sense and research should pay off.
Im excited. Just wanted to share the morning thoughts.

•••
Would appreciate thoughts on a few names I picked up off the drops... sometimes I get caught up in it all and end up registering crap. Still have time to drop for credit....
All Dot Com
OrganicCbdLiquid
OrganicCbdLiquids
HempVapeCbd
CbdSkinEssentials

•••
Would appreciate thoughts on a few names I picked up off the drops... sometimes I get caught up in it all and end up registering crap. Still have time to drop for credit....
All Dot Com
OrganicCbdLiquid
OrganicCbdLiquids
HempVapeCbd
CbdSkinEssentials
its a tuff call ? its a good thing u reged them though. Realestate is going fast !
Not really feeling HempVapeCBD at all.
The Organic ones are tuff imo. Most all processes of "growing" Cannabis are "Organic" in a way. Its not super necessary in the Cannabis World to mention its "organic" but i could be way off ? So variable
I like CBD Skin Essentials , was there the abbreviated version of Essentials ?
There not bad by any means. Thanks for sharing and best of luck with them. Its Hold time..

•••
FD38887B-41FA-4C9C-8E0D-7803D48D1A72.jpeg

.com

•••
Pretty sure there is no THC content in the seeds..it is once they start to sprout do they develpe THC (the chemical that gets you high!)

It wasn't till recently (in my neck of the woods) that you could get "Oriental" poppy seeds (fail a drug test) on donuts (doughnuts) ...
"But in fact it’s well documented that eating poppy seeds, which are commonly used in muffins, bread and bagels, can be enough to trigger a positive reading for the opiate morphine."
https://www.drugfoundation.org.nz/matters-of-substance/november-2014/mythbusters-poppy-seeds/

I like to get the Everything bagel and I think those have the poppy seeds. I don't know if it's the poppy seeds or a similar effect that essential oils can have on people from even just the scent but I think I do actually feel a little different when eating those bagels....haha

•••
You spent $8 on a 3 word. Endusers will want hempfuel or hemppellets. Then once they buy those, your domain is irrelevant.
I have Hemp Carbon. Does that count? ;)

•••
During the "alcohol" prohibition...plenty of speakeasy..after hours..clubs etc..
History does repeat itself!
Business make money from filling a void
Off topic but we just sold the old moonshine distillery property that supplied the Speak Easy (Peach Brandy Cottage) in Atlanta and I did a bunch of research for marketing it and found a lot of similarities. Not they didn't use Moonshine in the name ;)
To stay on topic I will share that I have Cannabis and Co / com and Cannabis Hempire / com with Hempire Life / com and American Hempire / com as well as Luxury Indica, Luxury Sativa, Luxury Dispensaries, Luxury Cannabis Stores and a few hundred others I am optimistic on 🤓

•••
•••
No one answered either question, how too sell and how to price.

Are these few questions that difficult to answer? And if it is then there's a great marketing and business opportunity in creating a end user platform for new business ( permitt holders ) to go to and explore branding options.

One could sell domains there, graphic free lance design and seo services. And legal advice on trademarks in Cannanis and how to do roundabouts, as well as cross state branding etc.

Few can afford inhouse branding experts like CannaBrands.

Knowing this trade and providing services to end users will be extremely valuable to anyone in this industry.

The below article touches on the beginnings of California legislation journey. As expected it says %3 ( growers ) of the market is legal. The other 97% will need branding and a domain if they expect to keep their prices high ; litterally. One can conjecture that that goes along with the stores, deliverys, edibles etc. Then follow thru to branding, seo and domain purchases.

Just like prohibition it takes time to move to the center as the author so clearly wrote.

This industry is so fresh and new; just new beginnings in so many ways and fronts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/world/canada/marijuana-canada-legalization. html
LeafURL,

It took me a while to get through the post from the last few days. I will be launching my cannabis marketing and branding company in the next few weeks. It will contain the thing your speaking of like professional logos, mock-ups, brand guidelines, a wordpress site they can manage, invoices, forms, checklists, links and ads from vendors, a chat platform like this and more! I have helped startups for over 15 years brand and launch and I can't wait to transition my focus to cannabis :) One of the example sites I have I will eventually well is at Brewed Buds

•••
4D086FE2-58A5-439A-BA80-C2491F421839.jpeg

DotCom

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
its a tuff call ? its a good thing u reged them though. Realestate is going fast !
Not really feeling HempVapeCBD at all.
The Organic ones are tuff imo. Most all processes of "growing" Cannabis are "Organic" in a way. Its not super necessary in the Cannabis World to mention its "organic" but i could be way off ? So variable
I like CBD Skin Essentials , was there the abbreviated version of Essentials ?
There not bad by any means. Thanks for sharing and best of luck with them. Its Hold time..

Thanks for the reply.

As far as organic growing, currently there are lots of different pesticides that can be used to aid the growth of hemp and marijuana. Everything to keep away funguses and molds to pests like spider mites...
So yes... I believe “organic” is a definite sub market within this emerging field.

Not sure what abbreviation for “skin essentials” you’re speaking about... care to share? :)

I agree that HempVapeCbd dot king is a bit of a gamble... don’t know much about the inner workings of SEO but perhaps it could somehow be used in that capacity? Dunno....

•••
•••

Focus on the end of this ; talks about how craft and branded cannabis. Boutique growers and retail outlets. They will need good domains; and branding.

They won't be interested in mega play commodity names. The words will be very unique and very well positioned in the marketplace. And if one owns the domains people will pay. Its Cannabis.

Last edited:
•••
Just want to say - HAPPY CANADA RECREATIONAL CANNABIS DAY!!!

•••
•••
•••
•••
OCT172018.ca

Canada...this is truly a GOLD MEDAL DAY! Thanks Neighbor!
canada flag.jpg

•••
Stuff on Namebio today, not me...

flowertraders.com 2,000 USD 2018-10-16 BuyDomains
vapeorder.com 500 USD 2018-10-16 Sedo
rastacannabis.com 324 USD 2018-10-16 GoDaddy
herbalab.com 280 USD 2018-10-16 NameJet

Interesting article about cannabis investment:
https://www.benzinga.com/markets/ca...have-active-managers-run-cannabis-investments

Cannabis is an emerging asset class and, as such, represents an attractive investment option. This industry counts about 32,000 businesses and is worth roughly $12 billion; growing at 27 percent, its expected to double in size every 32 months for the foreseeable future.

In this context, the cannabis industry is poised to add over 500,000 new jobs by 2021, and to exceed $50 billion by 2026. Furthermore, experts anticipate the industry could reasonably exceed $100 billion in size as use becomes ubiquitous.

Plus this - looks like Canada will be a weed superpower:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...warns-white-house-that-canada-could-dominate/

An American cannabis producer is warning President Donald Trump that Canada is poised to dominate the North American marijuana industry unless the United States takes steps to eliminate barriers to financing and market capital south of the border.

A full-page ad in Tuesday’s Wall Street Journal, framed as a plea to the White House and its most prominent occupant, warns the U.S. is “rapidly losing” its competitive advantage to Canada, where recreational pot is poised to become legal at midnight.

Last edited:
•••
C a n n a f u s i a / com

The fusion of cannabis and Canada. :)

•••
C a n n a f u s i a / com

The fusion of cannabis and Canada. :)
Thought that said Cannafucian, the weed wisdom of China.

Well, Canfucian is free, nice typo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back