IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know these people personally, It's a long story. I was involved back in 2013? In Miami, with a discussion on Leaf with the owners of leaflink.

Felt they stole the Leaf idea actually. They started looking for a Leaf brand after our conversation . When I saw it in the market I was pissed. They must have searched for a clean trademark brand. That Cathrine lawyer gal for leaflink is a top top trademark attorney ( another way to see how serious they are ).

They are in the Cannabis space with a easily defendable brand. And they got it legally for they don't touch the product.

I feel theirs so much open space here, a real great new marketplace.

To get bogged down on lawsuits with simple ownership of a $8 purchase is in my personal opinion energy that could be funneled into better ways.

I also this week paid a lawyer to attempt to fix my credit report on my last run in with a Pharma company over a mistakenly purchased domain.

I learned, although it's a tough pill to swallow. How important it is as a amature domainer to stay clear of troubles.

Unless your Rick Schwartz and can go up against the Queen of England. He won

Danny

Last edited:
•••
I know these people personally, It's a long story. I was involved back in 2013? In Miami, with a discussion on Leaf with the owners of leaflink.

They are in the Cannabis space with a easily defendable brand. And they got it legally for they don't touch the product.

I feel theirs so much open space here, a real great new marketplace.

To get bogged down on lawsuits with simple ownership of a $8 purchase is in my personal opinion energy that could be funneled into better ways.

I also this week paid a lawyer to attempt to fix my credit report on my last run in with a Pharma company over a mistakenly purchased domain.

Danny

They are TM as an online marketplace of goods and services. There is no TM preventing against a MJ brandable type of directory. I didn't pay 8 bucks for this one. There were 11 bids on it and I was highest bidder.

•••
60E10E0D-C930-47A7-839E-379F57C42B4B.jpeg

•••
They are TM as an online marketplace of goods and services. There is no TM preventing against a MJ brandable type of directory. I didn't pay 8 bucks for this one. There were 11 bids on it and I was highest bidder.

Buyer beware, its a liability not a asset.

The way leaflink marks are set up any variation the domain is rendered useless in the Cannabis trade. Were on a Marijuana blog not a golf one.

The whole idea of a trademark is exactly for this reason. Sure the domain business takes a unique approach, but your registrar doesn't.

There's the debate also about touchable and not. Leaflink is clean. You have too sell the domain and not a problem domain.

Hard enough too sell the clean ones.

Danny

Last edited:
•••
Buyer beware, its a liability not a asset.

The way leaflink marks are set up any variation the domain is rendered useless in the Cannabis trade. Were on a Marijuana blog not a golf one.

The whole idea of a trademark is exactly for this reason. Sure the domain business takes a unique approach, but your registrar doesn't.

There's the debate also about touchable and not. Leaflink is clean. You have too sell the domain and not a problem domain.

Hard enough too sell the clean ones.

Danny

It's already registered and I am not dropping it.. I am not spending energy worrying about this. I will be able to resell this domain with no problems and i plan to sit on it for a while... Agree to disagree. :)

•••
•••
Doctors in the UK will be able to prescribe cannabis products to patients from 1 November, Home Secretary Sajid Javid has announced.
today's big news.

cbd/hemp/weed is on fire in the UK :cigar:

CBDMEDICALVAPE
CBDMEDICALVAPES

•••
•••
•••
Trump to push for federal marijuana reform, GOP congressman says
President Trump plans to pursue federally legalizing medical marijuana following next month’s midterm races, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, California Republican, said Thursday.

The Trump administration has made a “solid commitment” to reform marijuana laws, and the president has spoken in support of federally legalizing the plant for medical purposes, Mr. Rohrabachertold Fox Business Channel.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/11/donald-trump-will-push-federal-marijuana-reform-re/

•••
President Trump plans to pursue federally legalizing medical marijuana following next month’s midterm races, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, California Republican, said Thursday.

The Trump administration has made a “solid commitment” to reform marijuana laws, and the president has spoken in support of federally legalizing the plant for medical purposes, Mr. Rohrabachertold Fox Business Channel.
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/11/donald-trump-will-push-federal-marijuana-reform-re/
Kinda of figured that when I heard the the President of the USA was tweeting about the "opiate crisis"...
lots and lots of taxes are being spent on that epidemic!

@JB Lions seems your signature different..did you sell the name that fits into this thread?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Hanfmarket.de
420markt.de
420haus.de
Jimihemprix.com 😎

•••
Don’t have that many but here are some all in king

Cbdventure
Cbdmark
Cbdlet
Cannabisily
Canabiseer
Cannafully
Cloud9Canna

•••

Our domains just went up. Most of the activity as I see it is with our friends to the north.

Stateside is a slow process, and that's a understatement.

Once things get going in the USA will see equal B ( billion ) dollar evaluations stateside. It's just not legal federally and access to Capitol and the normal functions of a business aren't easily accessible. And or the interpretation is grey. Big money doesn't like this. Free market capital needs freedom and access to the laws that have been specifically designed to ensure investor confidence.

What would big pharma be like without patent protections? Or Apple with patents, or Intel without intellectual property rights? How would Goldman Sachs work without Nasdeq and the Stock Market? Wells Fargo work without access to Capitol? Or Coke a Cola work without trademarks and protections on their " secret " formula.

Once the industry gets the above.( or some ) Its game on. And beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

It's all happening in the next few years. In .com for that's now. People and industry will not be cheaps. The idea of a startup being a cheapskate sounds silly considering the Willie Wonka Golden ticket; a Cannabis permitt.

I see this two tiered, a national play on brandables and rockstar domains. And as a large part of my inventory represents more of a street level rollout, two word seo stores ( with deliverys), cafes and smoothie bars, daily bakeries supplying donuts and fun macaroons to a shop in a high tier demographic center. Go to a local bar, 2 out of 5 on tap on tap will be cannabis fun drink.

All the above Plus medical and that's Big Big.

Danny

Last edited:
•••
https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4211295-canopy-growth-just-farmers#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

The smaller permitted players aren't discussed here. Naturally this author is talking more mega business. Even read between the lines and hes saying despite the product moving twords a commidty and IF this is a portion but not the whole. And he says even at the commodity level theirs a ton of potential in all sorts of brands.

California ; Massachusetts; Michigan; and countless other states are NOT exclusive mega plays. Just the opposite in many cases.
Many small business, growers and the like.

You know how many roses are out there? Big ones, orange ones, red . Every one has a different color and scent and place in nature. Cannabis is and will be no different.

Last edited:
•••
upload_2018-10-12_18-44-41.png

theHYPE.net

Could it be a pot related name?

theHYPE.org SOLD for 1,960 USD in 2018-03-08 BuyDomains

The Hype Around Pot Stocks Is Catching Up to the Crypto Craze
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lipses-crypto-craze-as-tilray-goes-hyperbolic

The time has come for pot stocks to deliver on the hype

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/armstrong-pot-stocks-1.4836447

Does the Instant Pot Actually Live Up to the Hype?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/does-the-instant-pot-actually-live-up-to-the-hype-1523462580

Cannabis stocks just went through the roof — but this stockbroker is warning investors not to follow the hype
https://www.businessinsider.com/thi...estors-not-to-follow-the-cannabis-hype-2018-9

someone from Namepros grabbed hypepot.com after my reg theHYPE.net. probably this guy saw my appraisal thread …

so guys you can register pothype.com its availble for registration

HYPE means
1A hypodermic needle or injection.

1. 1.1 A drug addict.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/hype

Last edited:
•••
Domain age is irrelevant. A renewal after a TM can be considered bad faith. Sad but true.
I think a renewal is unlikely, but a change of ownership would almost certainly be considered a new registration for IP precedence.

•••
RebelHash / com ( will be doing graphic for this one )

•••
I think a renewal is unlikely, but a change of ownership would almost certainly be considered a new registration for IP precedence.

I have no intention of making leaflinks/com in any way associated with cannabis. As I stated yesterday links can be used in so many different ways, which is why I was bidding on it.

•••
•••
•••
yo dudes, dont ya just hate when your too stoned, thought I reg'd passpasspuff in king, but woke up to assassmuff in .me

;)

•••
CannabisStudio.com.au

cannabisstudio_com_au.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back